Jack Monroe #190 The sloppening

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Forgive my ignorance, frauen. I’ve been doing my best to catch up on all the threads but there’s been times when I’ve been too BUSY. I can’t seem to find the origin story of the dead glove (one of my favourite types of post) and I’m curious as to how that started? Should any of you be happy to indulge me, I’d be most grateful. Thank(space)you in advance.
Long covid dead glove origin story here.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 40
Didn’t our manic pixie smol girl make out she was approaching it to save it too?

Unsurprising with those hands that she’d want to play about with dead vermin.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Forgive my ignorance, frauen. I’ve been doing my best to catch up on all the threads but there’s been times when I’ve been too BUSY. I can’t seem to find the origin story of the dead glove (one of my favourite types of post) and I’m curious as to how that started? Should any of you be happy to indulge me, I’d be most grateful. Thank(space)you in advance.
It was around December just after Xmas and the temperature of 106 maybe the week before new year. This was the beginning of the attempt to have the worst Covid ever and edging towards Long Covid.
Of course we later learned that Louisa Compton had in fact had Very Bad Covid

Reactions: 36
Let’s not pretend that Jackie is off Twitter - shes there all the time even on her legit account, posting 182 tweets in the last 30 days isn’t off twitter. Then there’s the following and unfollowing folk plus the “likes”. She can’t stay away she’s just not being controversial on her main account for some mystery reason. The socks 🧦 will be working overtime. Good to see her followers are on the down though 😜
FCEF7EDE-27F0-4129-B0F8-490173F3F4F9.jpeg

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
I see Linda Mc’s have a new ad campaign out and they invented a hashtag for it as well!
#kindness forever not to viggles or kittens though. They can get fucked.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 48
trifle defender all up in several niches here

B1F901B6-D20F-4409-BB01-B3CF79D0EEB8.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 55
Let’s not pretend that Jackie is off Twitter - shes there all the time even on her legit account, posting 182 tweets in the last 30 days isn’t off twitter. Then there’s the following and unfollowing folk plus the “likes”. She can’t stay away she’s just not being controversial on her main account for some mystery reason. The socks 🧦 will be working overtime. Good to see her followers are on the down though 😜
View attachment 582011
did any of our detectives track down her many 🧦? Also what’s notjack up to?

Reactions: 25
I was checking whether Jack's bio been taken off the Breakdown site (it hasn't, wyd Hattie?) and I found this, which I don't think has been shared here before? (As an aside, it's amazing how many hits you get when you google 'Jack Monroe' and 'breakdown', she seems to have claimed to have one every couple of months for the past decade or so 😂). Anyway, highlights include her intro, in which she claims not to do anything for the money, and also the bit where she describes herself as "generally being decent" lols. https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/br...mental-breakdown-and-that-libel-victory-17102

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
There’s never been any proof of the trolling. I regularly search her on Twitter and she’s barely mentioned (it’s mostly tweets about the comic book character).
The whole troll thing is part of this ‘I’m a super famous campaigner for the poor even though I get loads of abuse’ narrative. Also the squiggles literally believe anything they are told, they need no evidence.

• Heart
Reactions: 53
Stripped bare like an emotional centrefold stood out amongst the raging bilge fire of her 15-year-old's angsty diary entry.
:rolleyes:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Sorry couldn't get past this bit:

"I was never in it for the money. My rule of thumb is to never do anything for the money. When deciding which work and sponsorship jobs to accept, I ask myself – would I do this for free? If there is even a fraction of hesitation, I consign it to the bin, and sleep soundly at night knowing that my motivation is at least never skewed by the promise of gold nor thirty pieces of silver."

Jack mate, you're up at ridiculous hours of the night as evidenced by your tweeting so we know that isn't true. Come on now.

• Haha
  • Angry
Reactions: 65
Sorry couldn't get past this bit:

"I was never in it for the money. My rule of thumb is to never do anything for the money. When deciding which work and sponsorship jobs to accept, I ask myself – would I do this for free? If there is even a fraction of hesitation, I consign it to the bin, and sleep soundly at night knowing that my motivation is at least never skewed by the promise of gold nor thirty pieces of silver."

Jack mate, you're up at ridiculous hours of the night as evidenced by your tweeting so we know that isn't true. Come on now.
That bit made me laugh too. From the off she was determined to be everywhere making bank - look how many deals, books, interviews, media appearances etc she's had. The endless retellings of The Poverty - each time even worse to elicit more money sympathy

• Heart
  • Haha
Stripped bare like an emotional centrefold stood out amongst the raging bilge fire of her 15-year-old's angsty diary entry.
:rolleyes:
Reminds me of Placebo

("All those centrefolds / that you can't afford / have long since waved their last goodbyes...")

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
There’s never been any proof of the trolling. I regularly search her on Twitter and she’s barely mentioned (it’s mostly tweets about the comic book character).
The whole troll thing is part of this ‘I’m a super famous campaigner for the poor even though I get loads of abuse’ narrative. Also the squiggles literally believe anything they are told, they need no evidence.
Doesn't she cover that by saying she gets lots of DMs and emails which are abusive and death threats (in amongst the 63k other emails)? She has only shown one I think, 'David' (can't remember what his message was about now tbh). But Jack also showed her reply. It was when she was Religious and Forgiving Jack and she prayed for David 🙏.

• Haha
  • Heart
I wouldnt be that surprised if Jack does get some abuse. Anyone with that number of followers and any amount of public profile will get some. And obviously things Ike death threats need to be condemned in the strongest terms.

Whether Jack gets an exceptional amount of abuse I'm more skeptical about.

Reactions: 33
Trolling doesn’t just happen in DMs, it’s like the ~if a tree fell in a forest and no one was there to hear it does it really make a noise~, people love the drama online they’ll write any old tit anywhere. The more visible it is = the more distressing = the more effective.

Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.