Jack Monroe #190 The sloppening

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was checking whether Jack's bio been taken off the Breakdown site (it hasn't, wyd Hattie?) and I found this, which I don't think has been shared here before? (As an aside, it's amazing how many hits you get when you google 'Jack Monroe' and 'breakdown', she seems to have claimed to have one every couple of months for the past decade or so 😂). Anyway, highlights include her intro, in which she claims not to do anything for the money, and also the bit where she describes herself as "generally being decent" lols. https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/br...mental-breakdown-and-that-libel-victory-17102

Poised to defend against further false allegations, you can't help but rubberneck at your own car crash, watching through your fingers as the house of cards you have lovingly built, through cookery tips and charity campaigns and generally being decent, threatens to come crashing down

History repeating itself on Tattle in 2020/21 @Jack_M?

1621506273398.png

Answers on a beige postcard. 🤭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
Blimey, how much did you pay for that little haul?

Sadly, the elusive a year in recipes is missing
That bit made me laugh too. From the off she was determined to be everywhere making bank - look how many deals, books, interviews, media appearances etc she's had. The endless retellings of The Poverty - each time even worse to elicit more money sympathy
If she's not in it for the money then perhaps rethink the tip jar no?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Doesn't she cover that by saying she gets lots of DMs and emails which are abusive and death threats (in amongst the 63k other emails)? She has only shown one I think, 'David' (can't remember what his message was about now tbh). But Jack also showed her reply. It was when she was Religious and Forgiving Jack and she prayed for David 🙏.
The notorious “Peter C” 🤣🙏

We should have called the following thread “Pete, Pray, Love” or “glove”.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
The notorious “Peter C” 🤣🙏

We should have called the following thread “Pete, Pray, Love” or “glove”.

She spelled lens wrong. There's always a misused word or spelling mistake in her writing, makes it look even more pathetic with her flowery over-dramatic style.

PS. I realise not everyone is good at grammar and spelling however that's her job. I left state school at 15 so I could help my mum financially so it has nothing to do with education. I spend more time proof reading a text message than she does in her supposedly professional writings.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
She spelled lens wrong. There's always a misused word or spelling mistake in her writing, makes it look even more pathetic with her flowery over-dramatic style.

PS. I realise not everyone is good at grammar and spelling however that's her job. I left state school at 15 so I could help my mum financially so it has nothing to do with education. I spend more time proof reading a text message than she does in her supposedly professional writings.
Do her publisher s not proof read?

Reactions: 18
That Vonny thread is INSANE
What I love about the Vonny thread recently is the sheer relief you can sense from some of the people who know / are related to her IRL. Like, they have spent YEARS watching as she lies about them and all manner of things via her social media platforms, and any time they've tried to correct the lies or speak up, they've been set about by Vonny and her minions. I mean, it's gaslighting on an industrial level, but now they've found somewhere where they speak their truths, it must be very validating. #godblesstattle

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Trolling doesn’t just happen in DMs, it’s like the ~if a tree fell in a forest and no one was there to hear it does it really make a noise~, people love the drama online they’ll write any old tit anywhere. The more visible it is = the more distressing = the more effective.
This is so true, particularly if her 'trolls' come from Twitter. Twitter shouty types like other people to see their controversial opinions and 'cutting' words. That's why they spend their time getting into public rows on the internet. No way are these people just DMing her on the quiet, where noone else can see.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
A postscript to the New Yorker tale of the publishing fantasist. Anyone else imagining a meeting and conversation between him and Jack? Two fake double doctors though, unusually enough, Jack has a slightly better 'claim' here.
Thanks for this article!
I particularly liked the description of the film as "frenetic and boring at the same time." - sounds familiar, right?

• Haha
Reactions: 27
This is so true, particularly if her 'trolls' come from Twitter. Twitter shouty types like other people to see their controversial opinions and 'cutting' words. That's why they spend their time getting into public rows on the internet. No way are these people just DMing her on the quiet, where noone else can see.
Plus I think the lawyers couldn't find any evidence of the trolling, I think they said that was because Jack had deleted her tweets? Which, as we know, wouldn't erase any public trolling anyway, but PLUS if she was getting this via DMs why delete it?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 36
Plus I think the lawyers couldn't find any evidence of the trolling, I think they said that was because Jack had deleted her tweets? Which, as we know, wouldn't erase any public trolling anyway, but PLUS if she was getting this via DMs why delete it?
Indeed. The auto delete app wouldn't have touched her DMs. So if she had received abuse via DM, she would have been able to present it.

Screenshot_20210520-124936.png

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
The only time I can believe about the sustained trolling by multiple anons was when she wrote that article about Diane Abbott which went viral.

Racist trolls are a special breed of vile, as we've seen with footballers and rugby players. And Jack writing an article about race would have made her a prime target. But otherwise, I don't buy the sustained trolling... she's whiter than mayo as well know. She'd be screenshotting them all for sympathy and engagement if so!

• Heart
Reactions: 39
If she resents the career that she was vomited into, why carry on with it?

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.