Jack Monroe #190 The sloppening

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
For this thread title we must thank @Hollaaa for the words and @DrtCrl for the nomination, even if it was illegally early in the last thread. Congratulations, your prize is a year's supply of Mel Donte Sitrus Calad!

In the previous thread:

-we continued our internal chaos and tested some more Jack recipes
- @Hollaaa made white bean, spinach and garlic soup, the results of which you can see here
- @Orphan_Black made slow cooker bread, the results of which you can see here
-I made headrush spaghetti, the results of which you can see here

-Jack reappeared to show us her new fringe that she claims to have meticulously cut by herself using embroidery scissors despite it looking suspiciously professional and as we all know, Jack has never done a professional thing in her life

-Jack has partnered with Octopus Energy to help young people understand electricity bills, still hasn't shown any support for the Full Time Meals campaign

-Del Monte have announced a competition to win a year's worth of tinned peaches which has kicked off the cabal campaign #peachesforpoca. It also comes with a bundle of Jack's books, though which books and how many, nobody knows. Unsurprisingly, we do not have a campaign for the books.

Please use the words ‘thread title’ (two separate words) when making a bid for one as it makes it easier to search. Also, try to hold off to the latter part of the thread if possible (after post #500). And remember - no swears are allowed.

There is a thread in the off topic forum called Food and Drink where off topic chat is encouraged if / when Jack is quiet.

New to Jack? Have a look at the wiki.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 92
I nearly took one for the team today and was going to make the upside down pineapple chicken. But then it started raining so didn't want to walk to tescos - and also had a word with myself, me and mr C are on a weight loss plan at the mo where we are dieting during the week and eating what we want at weekends (it's working really well!) So I decided sad food would not go down well and ate some cheese and crackers instead. Much better!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
Oooh thank you, all that gastrointestinal trauma feels worth it! My house just stopped smelling of boiled onions yesterday, too 🥰

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
New thread time wooo. Who's starting the first chaos us or them?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I nearly took one for the team today and was going to make the upside down pineapple chicken. But then it started raining so didn't want to walk to tescos - and also had a word with myself, me and mr C are on a weight loss plan at the mo where we are dieting during the week and eating what we want at weekends (it's working really well!) So I decided sad food would not go down well and ate some cheese and crackers instead. Much better!
You've got to buy the chicken from the corner shop just before you make the recipe. Ideally, five minutes before you're supposed to be on livestream. Don't forget to postpone at the last minute too for the full JM experience.

• Haha
Reactions: 60
Just doing some deep diving into Jack and their claims. So first lesbian, then transgendered but also a woman, then non-binary. Now an alcoholic too and unspecified mental health. Ok. I get maybe if you are in the public eye, you feel a duty to talk about these things (for whatever reason) but it is so vague and fragmented, I don’t think she’s reading awareness, more confusing things and just coming across as very angry about it. It’s really hard to piece together what they are (I’m using non-ninety pronouns as this isn’t meant as an attack), I just remain confused about what the current narrative is. I will be respectful of how anyone wants to identify but it’s easier if you are clear and not incredibly defensive if people query the confusion; does anyone have any insight on this? It’s all very vague, especially the relationships.

Reactions: 26
just providing photographic evidence that Terry is alive and well and has moved in next door to me #innocentdoge #inokillterrysparrow

20210515_192714.jpg

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 53
I was considering chaosing a vegan pastitsio but I think the bechetrestresmal is probably grounds for divorce.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
Just doing some deep diving into Jack and their claims. So first lesbian, then transgendered but also a woman, then non-binary. Now an alcoholic too and unspecified mental health. Ok. I get maybe if you are in the public eye, you feel a duty to talk about these things (for whatever reason) but it is so vague and fragmented, I don’t think she’s reading awareness, more confusing things and just coming across as very angry about it. It’s really hard to piece together what they are (I’m using non-ninety pronouns as this isn’t meant as an attack), I just remain confused about what the current narrative is. I will be respectful of how anyone wants to identify but it’s easier if you are clear and not incredibly defensive if people query the confusion; does anyone have any insight on this? It’s all very vague, especially the relationships.
If you’ve not already seen it, check out the wiki at the top of this page, it clears up a lot of things!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
An oldie, but a goodie:
1621104415142.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 70
I joined these threads fairly early but have never seen the first one...
3C3C769F-C432-462B-AD5A-9DA591EAFD7D.jpeg

Oh sweet @emmer_moans... your observation was correct! Fast forward nearly 200 threads later and we can add a few more things 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 62
OK my dear lovely fraus, this is what constitutes for an amazing Saturday night, chez Carmina Piranha. Below are just some of Jacks engagements that I could find, only going back to 2014. This is not all of them, though...just what I could find!
I remember her whining in the past she often only got paid a fiver for some of these gigs, and maybe dinner expenses...but what I've listed has some sort of reimbursement.
Sorry @Pocahontas if this is too long. But like I said yesterday, it's an astounding list....

Waterstones
Edinburgh International Book Festival
Book a Bookshop
BookGig
DRAKE - The Bookshop
Magic Breakfast
LADA
Wellcome Collection
British Library
Arts Council
Oxford THS
Trussell Trust
Child Poverty Action Group
Plan Zheroes
The Food Chain
Fortnum and Mason
Observer Food Monthly
Marie Claire
YMCA
Red Magazine
The Labour Party
National Farmers Union
The Connection at St Martin's in the Fields
The Orwell Foundation
Ilkley Literary Festival
Essex University
Birmingham University
Women for Women
Naked Productions
BBC radio 4
Edexcel
Dept of Education
Literacy Trust
Octopus Energy
Manchester Food and Drink Festival
Hay Festival
BBC Radio 4 Any Questions
BBC 1 Question Time
Brighton and Hove Food Partnership
CERG
UCAS
Unicef
Bristol University Press
Food Research Collaboration
Eastbourne Eco Networks
De Montford University
British Science Association
Warwick University
Poverty Alliance
Bristol University Press
Church Action on Poverty
Del Monte
Hellmans
Sainsburys
Linda McCartney
Edinburgh Wellbeing Festival
Guardian
Royal Court
Real Junk Food Project
WiFi for
Tin Can Supper Club
Groupon
Canned Food UK

• Wow
Reactions: 86
OK my dear lovely fraus, this is what constitutes for an amazing Saturday night, chez Carmina Piranha. Below are just some of Jacks engagements that I could find, only going back to 2014. This is not all of them, though...just what I could find!
I remember her whining in the past she often only got paid a fiver for some of these gigs, and maybe dinner expenses...but what I've listed has some sort of reimbursement.
Sorry @Pocahontas if this is too long. But like I said yesterday, it's an astounding list....

Waterstones
Book a Bookshop
BookGig
DRAKE - The Bookshop
Magic Breakfast
LADA
Wellcome Collection
British Library
Arts Council
Oxford THS
Trussell Trust
Plan Zheroes
The Food Chain
Fortnum and Mason
Observer Food Monthly
Marie Claire
YMCA
Red Magazine
The Labour Party
National Farmers Union
The Orwell Foundation
Ilkley Literary Festival
Essex University
Birmingham University
Women for Women
Naked Productions
BBC radio 4
Edexcel
Dept of Education
Literacy Trust
Octopus Energy
Hay Festival
BBC 1 Question Time
CERG
UCAS
Unicef
Bristol University Press
Eastbourne Eco Networks
De Montford University
Warwick University
Poverty Alliance
Bristol University Press
Church Action on Poverty
Del Monte
Hellmans
Sainsburys
Linda McCartney
Guardian
Royal Court
Real Junk Food Project
WiFi for
Tin Can Supper Club
Groupon
Canned Food UK
Oh my goodness!!!!! That's actually shocking!!! Excellent work, @Carmina-Piranha

• Heart
Reactions: 31

Waterstones
Book a Bookshop
BookGig
DRAKE - The Bookshop
Magic Breakfast
LADA
Wellcome Collection
British Library
Arts Council
Oxford THS
Trussell Trust
Plan Zheroes
The Food Chain
Fortnum and Mason
Observer Food Monthly
Marie Claire
YMCA
Red Magazine
The Labour Party
National Farmers Union
The Orwell Foundation
Ilkley Literary Festival
Essex University
Birmingham University
Women for Women
Naked Productions
BBC radio 4
Edexcel
Dept of Education
Literacy Trust
Octopus Energy
Hay Festival
BBC 1 Question Time
CERG
UCAS
Unicef
Bristol University Press
Eastbourne Eco Networks
De Montford University
Warwick University
Poverty Alliance
Bristol University Press
Church Action on Poverty
Del Monte
Hellmans
Sainsburys
Linda McCartney
Guardian
Royal Court
Real Junk Food Project
WiFi for
Tin Can Supper Club
Groupon
Canned Food UK
The Express
That MP magazine?
Delicious magazine
Veganuary. For a bit

• Wow
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.