Jack Monroe #190 The sloppening

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thread title?

(Sorry if too early for a nomination. Actually, no. I'm not sorry. I'm a MAVERICK.)
This makes me mad. Its probably also insensitive off me, but I hate when people say they really really hate their job.

If they really really hate their job well the. Do something about it, retrain, look elsewhere there is nothing stopping you.

There may be obstacles but they can be overcome with some work. Ask a mate to child mind once a week whilst you go to tech, put your kid into a club whilst the course is running, leave them at home with a partner etc. Stop sending money on shite for a few months and use it to do a course in something you actually want to do.

I am looking to topping up my degree with more up to date stuff because I think I need to.

Reactions: 25
Reminds me of Placebo

("All those centrefolds / that you can't afford / have long since waved their last goodbyes...")
Oh LJC everything reminds me of Placebo at the moment, they are definitely a band for our times and overdue a comeback. Including my hair, the realisation has gradually dawned on me that I've had an unintentional Brian Molko haircut since the 90s.

Back on topic: I am really enjoying these flashbacks into why Jack is such an affront to everything. Keep up the good work. I can't do poems but here is some terrible rhyming anyway:
Bad food
Bad 'tude
Please don't send nudes

Trolling doesn’t just happen in DMs, it’s like the ~if a tree fell in a forest and no one was there to hear it does it really make a noise~, people love the drama online they’ll write any old tit anywhere. The more visible it is = the more distressing = the more effective.
The clean version of this would make a good thread title nomination.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Oh LJC everything reminds me of Placebo at the moment, they are definitely a band for our times and overdue a comeback. Including my hair, the realisation has gradually dawned on me that I've had an unintentional Brian Molko haircut since the 90s.
I remember some girl trying to bully me when I was about 14 by telling me I looked like Brian Molko! I was obviously delighted.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
What I love about the Vonny thread recently is the sheer relief you can sense from some of the people who know / are related to her IRL. Like, they have spent YEARS watching as she lies about them and all manner of things via her social media platforms, and any time they've tried to correct the lies or speak up, they've been set about by Vonny and her minions. I mean, it's gaslighting on an industrial level, but now they've found somewhere where they speak their truths, it must be very validating. #godblesstattle
Both her sisters just seem so nice and exasperated I feel so bad for what they've been through (especially the one who had the police set on them).

I'm genuinely surprised we've not had more special guests on this thread, but I guess JM has more clout and we've seen how quick she was to threaten us and essexgirl with legal action, which I imagine scares a lot of people into silence. And a lot of the people jack frustrates are celebrities who probably can't be seen on tattle as it may harm their public opinion

I am idly dreaming about the best"guest appearances" we could have on here though. A member of the dkl production crew, someone from LNER customer service, heck i'd even take the southend postman 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 43
On my wishlist would be any ex colleagues from the fire service, a member of the 'Southend Mums' WhatsApp group, friends or family of LJC, and the company who gifted the fish box.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Can we all take a moment for the Placebo version of possibly the best song of all time, Running up that Hill.

Sorry Poca. Been reverse grunking and forget myself for a hot minute.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Kacha, please! We had the taxi driver. Big moment.

oh of course, she's only in it for the people! out of the goodness of her heart! so magnanimous!

eta, i've just realised that i think you thought i was switchstreetz... you getting your northerners mixed up? you know what this means! see you in court Katie! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
On my wishlist would be any ex colleagues from the fire service, a member of the 'Southend Mums' WhatsApp group, friends or family of LJC, and the company who gifted the fish box.
Matt with the forearms. SB’s teacher. The Dr who diagnosed Jack gifted.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
oh of course, she's only in it for the people! out of the goodness of her heart! so magnanimous!

eta, i've just realised that i think you thought i was switchstreetz... you getting your northerners mixed up? you know what this means! see you in court Katie! :ROFLMAO:
All tattlers are the same, like herbs innit (I still love you poca 😂)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Are people starving in their droves yet without Jack to show us all how to slam some tins into a slow cooker and solve world hunger via the medium of slop?

eta: Her curries are now slurry. Slop and curry! I'm here all day folks, unfortunately

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
Both her sisters just seem so nice and exasperated I feel so bad for what they've been through (especially the one who had the police set on them).

I'm genuinely surprised we've not had more special guests on this thread, but I guess JM has more clout and we've seen how quick she was to threaten us and essexgirl with legal action, which I imagine scares a lot of people into silence. And a lot of the people jack frustrates are celebrities who probably can't be seen on tattle as it may harm their public opinion

I am idly dreaming about the best"guest appearances" we could have on here though. A member of the dkl production crew, someone from LNER customer service, heck i'd even take the southend postman 😂
I was going to add the man whose shins she kicked but he doesn’t exist does he?

• Haha
Are people starving in their droves yet without Jack to show us all how to slam some tins into a slow cooker and solve world hunger?
It’s OK - she keeps her DMs open for this very reason. She’s likely to be solving any number of benefit queries or emergency food related questions at any given time.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
It’s OK - she keeps her DMs open for this very reason. She’s likely to be solving any number of benefit queries or emergency food related questions at any given time.
And writing to political prisoners too. Obv.

• Haha

All northerners are interchangeable 🤷.

(Not really 😚)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.