Jack Monroe #181 Time flies when you’re judging slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @CottageWitch for the words and @Mel Donte for the nomination! 🎉 Your prize: a jar of (yellow-sticker) capers to share.

Recap of last thread:

1. Jack ‘had a hunch’ about something and wanted Twitter to show its adoration. Over 145k proved whatever hunch it was and the tweet wasn’t deleted ‘shortly’. It’s still there.
2. Reasons for this? SB, apparently.
3. Motives were questioned, but not one iota of shit was given.
4. Emotional manipulation was used to tell the world about a shameful love for capers.
5. ‘As a Greek’, Jack approves of capers in Greek salad.
6. There was sucking up to the Good Law Project man’s haircut, for reasons of ‘big old lesbian’.
7. The word ‘squiggle’ was used in a tweet, so lots of the thread contingent declared they were not Jack Monroe.
It’s me.

Please use the words ‘thread title’ (two separate words) when making a bid for one as it makes it easier to search. Also, try to hold off to the latter part of the thread if possible (after post #500). And remember - no swears are allowed.

There is a thread in the off topic forum called Food and Drink where off topic chat is encouraged if / when Jack is quiet.

New to Jack? Have a look at the wiki.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 111
Yikes! Pocahontas, please can you be a dear and change my last posts pronoun - went in to do it but too late! Closed discussion. In the camp of not wanting to offend our NB comrades and friends. 🥰

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Thankyou @FlashBoof . Seems like Mr haircut is a twitter twit too. They do seem to find each other, don't they.
Maybe they are shopping for a new baby daddy, Jack tried it on with a couple of blokes this week, going for broke with the fox murderer. They got the same initials, Jack'll love the quirkiness.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Thankyou @FlashBoof . Seems like Mr haircut is a twitter twit too. They do seem to find each other, don't they.
I owe so much to here for realising this. It’s quite something, isn’t it. Although I am not sure Jack is the best match to Jolyon- as been mentioned, I believe he is taking the government to task over trans rights for kids. Jack, in their flip flopping and cosplay, seems to help the opposition somewhat. And I dont even feel guilty for saying so. Jack is no more trans/NB than she is Greek, old or big (in my opinion, - but borne out by thousands of her own words - lesbian this weekend apparently).

Edit - stupid carrot.

Reactions: 28
"Hmmm, I think she may be gearing up to having veneers or implants etc."

Apologies for quoting myself, I still think this could be what she is up to though, " treatment" is a word often used for anything other than regular check ups at the dentist.
She could of course be in therapy, not sure why when she has had 3 "excellent and brilliant" therapists on speed dial for an age, but there you go, but Jack being Jack ( and dear hearts despite the latest comments there is only one) I believe it would be a calculated move to try and quieten the ever growing dissenters and monetise later.

Reactions: 24
Whoever posted the Being Jack Monroe film poster in the last thread, I woke up around 4am and decided to have a joint to get me back to sleep and then I saw THAT.

Beautiful work though

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 65
Congratulations to @CottageWitch for the words and @Mel Donte for the nomination! 🎉 Your prize: a jar of (yellow-sticker) capers to share.

Recap of last thread:

1. Jack ‘had a hunch’ about something and wanted Twitter to show its adoration. Over 145k proved whatever hunch it was and the tweet wasn’t deleted ‘shortly’. It’s still there.
4. Emotional manipulation was used to tell the world about a shameful love for capers.
6. There was sucking up to the Good Law Project man’s haircut, for reasons of ‘big old lesbian’.
7. The word ‘squiggle’ was used in a tweet, so lots of the thread contingent declared they were not Jack Monroe.
It’s me.

Please use the words ‘thread title’ (two separate words) when making a bid for one as it makes it easier to search. Also, try to hold off to the latter part of the thread if possible (after post #500). And remember - no swears are allowed.

There is a thread in the off topic forum called Food and Drink where off topic chat is encouraged if / when Jack is quiet.

I’ve heard your lovely singing voice, Poca so I know it’s definitely not you!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

Recap of last thread:

It’s me.

Now now Poca, you are not Jack - you can use words correctly.

Touching on the As a Greek (cringe) thing, does anyone know if Jack's nan was Greek Cypriot too, or was it just their grandfather? Jack doesn't talk as much about their nan as their grandad, which makes me lean towards nan being English (so not so much of an exotic heritage for Jack to claim). Just wondering when Jack claims to be Greek, what percentages we are talking here 🙃.

Morning everyone ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 48
Sorry back to the internet lesson our dearest had embarked off. Wouldn't it be better for them to show their entire sm feed and say, look sweetie mummy often does chaos and lots of people see that chaos and it gives them a bad rep. So don't do it.

Simple and effective I think.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
She’s a quarter Greek and I think her dad was born here. It’s important to some people. I had one Hungarian grandmother. I barely think of it - would never call myself Hungarian etc. But she married an English man so the name disappeared. She made herself very British straight away and never went back. I have cousins in America who are completely obsessed with it. Same Grandmother but they have flags in their social media bios and called their kids Hungarian names and would call themselves Hungarian. I find it it odd but people need something to cling to I suppose.

• Wow
Reactions: 52
So, the experiment. If it wasn’t to test (boost) engagement, as many of us thought, it has been suggested it is something they are doing with SB, maybe his homework. This means they are home then? And the mysterious treatment is over?

Re all the new followers: I don’t think it will take long for them to drift away. They might think it’s worth following Jack as a punt now. Just wait for the next chaos or lengthy, tedious detour into some topic they have no interest in (we’ve had bridges and tanks, what about something like heraldry, or fork lift trucks) - the new followers will click the unfollow button quicker than you can boil a mushroom.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
If Jack is teaching SB about SM does this mean that he is either reading twitter or has his own account? i.e. is he now a regular reader of MamaPapa's twitter?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
Grunking to pop in and say I'm not Jack. I drink coffee, eat sweets and watched Life on Mars yonks ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.