Jack Monroe #181 Time flies when you’re judging slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't comment here often however I just wanted to say something about the pronouns. My sister is a trans-woman and she has worked so tirelessly to get people to respect her pronouns and when I asked her what she thought about this Jack stuff, she told me that she finds it really infuriating that someone would weaponise and use pronouns in the way Jack does because it sets actual trans people back. Jack is using pronouns like manipulation tools. There is not a single person in this thread who wouldn't be using the correct pronouns if she hadn't taken something so serious and used it to her advantage. Then she pretends she actually cares about trans people as if she is doing anything but cause them harm, her lack of emotional intelligence is violent. No Jack, you only care about yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 97
The world doesn't need nor want Brixton village Jack 🥴

Thank you to the fraus who have pointed out how nutritionally deficient Jack's recipes are. It feels like theft when you consider there may be struggling people reading her books and creating meals that are both unappetising and unfilling

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Just looking at that mendacious pork is enough to give me the squits.
tenor (2).gif

• Haha
Reactions: 39
The world doesn't need nor want Brixton village Jack 🥴

Thank you to the fraus who have pointed out how nutritionally deficient Jack's recipes are. It feels like theft when you consider there may be struggling people reading her books and creating meals that are both unappetising and unfilling
Someone would be far better off nutritionally having some beans on toast than that recipe. It'd also be cheaper and less faffing about (grating bloody mushrooms 😑).

Reactions: 44
I’m not comfortable with this ‘hacking’ either, but I can’t help but feel she might have done it deliberately to try and get some sort of attention about Tattle and her ‘bullying, abusive ninnies.’ I certainly wouldn’t put it past her. I mean, how bleeping stupid is that password? She clearly doesn’t know what encryption or strong passwords are and I wouldn’t mind, but she has Apple devices which literally suggest strong passwords for you. 🙄
Google Chrome suggests strong passwords for you too.

Reactions: 24
I think it's like me trying to guess the Wifi password when I was younger. Jack is stupid enough to set the password as something everyone would guess - and I also wouldn't put it past her to have made it deliberately easy so that everyone could guess it and she could play victim.

She deserves everything she gets, pretty much anyone would guess that password first for that piece.
She probably wanted us to proof read it for her 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I don't comment here often however I just wanted to say something about the pronouns. My sister is a trans-woman and she has worked so tirelessly to get people to respect her pronouns and when I asked her what she thought about this Jack stuff, she told me that she finds it really infuriating that someone would weaponise and use pronouns in the way Jack does because it sets actual trans people back. Jack is using pronouns like manipulation tools. There is not a single person in this thread who wouldn't be using the correct pronouns if she hadn't taken something so serious and used it to her advantage. Then she pretends she actually cares about trans people as if she is doing anything but cause them harm, her lack of emotional intelligence is violent. No Jack, you only care about yourself.
Yeah, I'll *always* use the pronoun the person in question uses for themselves. If Jack feels to be they/them, then she has to apply it to herself, throughout her life, instead of just changing it on her twitter bio every now and then, and turning into a cowering bootlicker whenever someone in the media asks her about it. She'll say things like 'oh it really doesn't matter, call me 'she' by all means!' or whatever when she's doing a Sunday Times interview, making readers of that magazine think it's something stupid that you can opt in and out of. Which damages the trans community immensely.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Did Jack just say they double test their recipes now?!

Is that in between the 12 kitchen deep cleans?! :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 41
These threads have made me more conscious of the importance of nutrition in vegetarian/vegan recipes. That probably makes me sound a bit dim. What I mean is, as a meat eater, I might happily have a very light veggie dinner*...because I've already had a steak for lunch, you know? My protein & fat needs have been met elsewhere.

Many, many threads ago, one of our vegan Frauen mentioned the importance of getting recipes from real vegan writers. It's something I'll bear in mind more when cooking for veggie friends in the future!

* not those jackfruit patties, for obvious reasons

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 57
These recipes, the photos of well, shite looking slop are so bad they are laughable. But who is laughing really ? Jackoscammo that’s who. She earns good money from all this. Quite clever really.
You can still duck off Jack.

Reactions: 28
I hope that pork isn't the recipie because if so they can keep it.

They are still being a complete tit then?

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.