Jack Monroe #181 Time flies when you’re judging slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Here we have two to three bin days a week, with separate days for the garden waste and food waste. I don't get too excited about bins, but I love a trip to the recycling centre/skip! Me and the man work very well together there, and we bond over judging other people ( though never judge their looks or what they are binning, only their behaviour when they are being annoying. To be honest, whenever we are at the supermarket we do the same :LOL: ).
Our is great, as there's a sort of charity shop connected to it (possible 🔺 lmao) full of cool furniture. The pricing is all over the place, but you can often find some really nice items!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Ah, so this was the recipe that gave her the shits.
So good it makes you poo! Great incentive to absolutely never try it 💩

Protected Jackfruit - what a faffy, bullshit recipe. After skimming it, can see plentttttttyyy of mistakes, but will not be falling into the trap of offering her a free editing service. No way, Jose.
So glad we’ve moved on from bin chat 🥴

View attachment 537755
Surely the bin chat was worth it to provoke these beauts though?

• Haha
Reactions: 26
I don’t think she even likes jackfruit. Mind you, I’m with her on that.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
Did we just somehow 'hack' Jack?
If so, I'm not comfortable with that.
I think it's like me trying to guess the Wifi password when I was younger. Jack is stupid enough to set the password as something everyone would guess - and I also wouldn't put it past her to have made it deliberately easy so that everyone could guess it and she could play victim.

She deserves everything she gets, pretty much anyone would guess that password first for that piece.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Don’t get mad BUT the when I saw the actual pic of the pineapple behatted brown thing, I thought oh that doesn’t look like the worst food she’s ever made. There’s a few different colours in there, indicating some flavour, and actual discernible textures rather than brown slop. The rice looks a bit like a green veg risotto which sounds fun. But then I read the recipe (thanks @WaffleMaker ) and my stomach TURNED, what the duck is that why does she hate peoples and foods?! Why is she making these awful dishes and why would anyone go to all that effort for a tiny portion of squishy vom?!
Pork belly isn’t something I’d try, but especially not if it was that one. Half burnt, half raw and so so greasy looking 🤢 prunes should be reserved for old people who need to keep regular bowel movements. Stop trying to make prunes happen. They’re not going to happen.
I am a prune defender! They can be delicious in the right context. This is not it.

(I love pork belly, too. But again...not this pork belly.)

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 29
Is it
Did we just somehow 'hack' Jack?
If so, I'm not comfortable with that.
If it was an email Jack sent out, fair game as far as O am concerned. Well, Jack seems to think that if you send her personal information GDPR doesn't apply.

but I'm not sure her unpunished (autocorrest but I rather Ilke it) recipe should appear here as a sort of slopleaks. .

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
It's too late for me to go back and put in an inline spoiler, or delete the post where I say what the password is, but if the mods want to, that's absolutely fine!

Is it

If it was an email Jack sent out, fair game as far as O am concerned. Well, Jack seems to think that if you send her personal information GDPR doesn't apply.

but I'm not sure her unpunished (autocorrest but I rather Ilke it) recipe should appear here as a sort of slopleaks. .
Yeah, see, this is HER mistake, not ours.

• Haha
  • Heart
So why did the recipe go out to people last night? Surely that's something that you'd have to do deliberately? 🤔

• Wow
I wouldn't put it past her to have done it on purpose, just for shits and giggles

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.