Jack Monroe #181 Time flies when you’re judging slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The thought had occured. Especially because she didn't just email the people on her mailing list apologising. Don't do her proof reading for her gang 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
"it’ll be ready when it’s the thickness of really posh ketchup." Sorry, what is 'posh ketchup'? Heinz?
And she's assuming the people trying to follow the recipe will have had 'really posh ketchup', whatever that even is!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
I personally don't think combining pineapple with squishy, wet and bland vegetables will ever work. Some flavour combinations can't be veganised and that's ok!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
A
"it’ll be ready when it’s the thickness of really posh ketchup." Sorry, what is 'posh ketchup'? Heinz?
tiptree. I’ve never liked brown sauce but the cafe near us uses tiptree on their sausage sandwiches and I was converted .

• Wow
Reactions: 28
I am starting to get Oompa Loompa vibes, I can see this recipe cartoonized and set to music.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
I dislike her recipes. The florid language, the unnecessary info and so long winded, all to end up with something revolting for dinner. Yum!

Compare her awful writing to Miguel Barclay's recipes, so simple and easy to follow. It's makes me so depressed she is getting paid for this tit.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
given how long the description of how thick the sauce should be is, it kinda still looks quite runny. that sauce has not had a beat on top of a cliff

• Haha
Reactions: 36
"Really extract all of the extraneous brine".... and in one sentence she has destroyed the reader's appetite for jackfruit.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.