Jack Monroe #181 Time flies when you’re judging slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
oh you crazy ADHDers, you really blow my mind! Doing things in a way us boring old old neurotypicals would never dream of.
I don't like how it connects editing and good syntax to something negative; if you're writing professionally you should at least try to moderate your writing style so it fits grammar conventions etc. Just seems like yet another thing for entitled people to jump upon in order to silence the people who critique them tbqh

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Noting the plural of guesthouses

Slipped in along 'the I was so poor I sold my Omega watches and most of my Iphones' bollocks.

And if I dumped 50 black bags of rubbish outside on binday, it would get left, because stuff only gets picked up of it is on the wheelybin. Unless Jack was putting it in the famous communal skip.
Those guesthouses must've been right miserable tit holes to stay in. Piles of hoarded crap everywhere, and peeling woodchip. Absolute arseholes the entire family.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
Surely she would have used the app to find it and would have known it was on the floor of a c2c train and would have contacted them? I thought that was the whole damn point!!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
Those guesthouses must've been right miserable tit holes to stay in. Piles of hoarded crap everywhere, and peeling woodchip. Absolute arseholes the entire family.
You can get a decent amount even for a second hand Belfast sink. I'm now imagining Jack's grandpa as involved in some low-level OCG, using sinks as currency.

• Haha
Reactions: 53
I don't like how it connects editing and good syntax to something negative; if you're writing professionally you should at least try to moderate your writing style so it fits grammar conventions etc. Just seems like yet another thing for entitled people to jump upon in order to silence the people who critique them tbqh
As someone on the ADHD waiting list and who works in job where written communication is needed, it's insulting tbh.

Of course if someone struggles with writing then reasonable adjustments should be made but this isn't what it's about. It's like a badge of honour for some people.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Surely she would have used the app to find it and would have known it was on the floor of a c2c train and would have contacted them? I thought that was the whole damn point!!!
But if she dropped her phone, and saw the tile bounce off, why not pick it up there and then? Not wait 2 weeks 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 51
In restaurant parlance she did duck all. (pardon me for swearing)
You swore!!! 😭 I’ve updated your poem.

Why you cry?
Because of Manc Bee
What happened?
Manc Sweared
Again
Oh no, I’m sad
duck all”
My shocked eyes
pardon me
pardon Bee

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95
You can get a decent amount even for a second hand Belfast sink. I'm now imagining Jack's grandpa as involved in some low-level OCG, using sinks as currency.
That’s what I was thinking re Belfast sinks! They always go for a good price at local auctions and salvage yards. Pretty sought after.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
But if she dropped her phone, and saw the tile bounce off, why not pick it up there and then? Not wait 2 weeks 🙄
Because despite knowing the exact trajectory of the fall and the leverage required for it to come off, (Pythagorean🔺) she can’t possibly have noticed as it was such a surprise when she saw it again... Did she do a little shriek I wonder?

• Haha
Reactions: 43
You swore!!! 😭 I’ve updated your poem.

Why you cry?
Because of Manc Bee
What happened?
Manc Sweared
Again
Oh no, I’m sad
duck all”
My shocked eyes
pardon me
pardon Bee
He's quoting restaurant parlance, though! (Can confirm, doing 'duck all' is bona fide restaurant parlance).

• Haha
Reactions: 35
She deep cleans her kitchen "12 times a day". Yet doesn't take antibac on a train, during a global pandemic? Right Jack, that makes sense.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 66
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.