Jack Monroe #181 Time flies when you’re judging slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The Tile thing stuck to the train floor would be an interesting way to claim Travel Expenses.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
What is Tile? Why was it on the floor? Am I Tile? I'm seeing the word 'tile' so much it's not a word anymore.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
The tile train saga is a special kind of nonsense she blessed us with. I choose to believe it's a direct gift from her to me, because it was my 1-year Tattleversary yesterday (had been lurking longer, but hadn't made an account). Thanks, babe!

Anyway, the pronoun thing got me all hot and bothered and I think I've worked out why. Please note that I'm talking specifically about Jack Monroe here, not about anyone else or anyone else's pronouns.

The constant changing of her pronouns in her bio (but not anywhere else) is just another narc tactic of dictating how other people are talking about her. The added benefit for her is that she can jump on people correcting how other people talk about her (i.e. my pronouns are making sure kids are fed) and she can claim at the same time that people are bigoted and transphobic for not using her stated pronouns. Nevermind that it's entirely unclear what her chosen pronouns are. I bet she loved it that people here changed their posts and got worried about whether they accidentally misgendered her. What larks. If it was in any way meaningful or important to her, her pronouns would be changed on her own website. Everything else is just narc manipulations and I shan't go along with it.
I was thinking the exact same thing yesterday, but a bit scared to post it for fear that it would be misinterpreted. Thank you!

• Heart
Reactions: 35
If you have an iPhone, get an Apple Watch. You can 🔺 your phone even when it's on silent.

Gotta love Twitter addicts. "I need to do a thing! Step one: Tweet about it."
The ping my phone option is my most used action on my watch

Reactions: 22
That's never been on the floor of a train for 2 weeks. The trains are cleaned every night. It would of been scraped up or destroyed during the cleaning process.
Convenient how it was the exact same train and happened to be there 2 weeks later.... Miracle 🤷‍♀️
Or.... lies. It’s such a dumb thing to lie about and keep lying about. This should be the social media experiment for SB. How
Much complete guff can someone spew out on Twitter and get away with.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
This has reminded me that yesterday I had the thought that our taxi driver friend was perhaps Mr SmolBot.
The constant tweeting during her (yeah I'm sorry, I'm reverting to the pronouns she uses for herself) high stakes Tile drama really reveals the fact it Never Happened, plus of course the second deleted thread of slightly different tweets which meant she planned this 'chaos'. She's really bad at lying, which is ironic, given that she's had so much practice at it.
I feel the fact that Allegra's become a multi millionaire hasn't been given enough attention! God, it would be anyone's worst nightmare for their ex to come into this kind of money after a split, but it must be so much worse for someone like Jack, given her obsession with the dollar.

Oh i didn’t know that had happened. I thought she was successful and therefore super rich at the time. I had read her MOTHER DIED (emphasis Jack’s own) when she was young. She seems nice, even if the Twitter chat up was, let’s admit, a bit gauche.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Jack is well within the average height range.

But I dont think someone with severe arthritis (or anyone else) should position their hands like that to use a computer. Hands should be slightly above the keyboard to avoid putting strain on wrists.
How tall is Jack? I'm 5ft 1 that's short. 5ft 4 and above is normal

Reactions: 21
Welcome to my Ted Talk. It’s important to write properly if you are writing for a wide audience, even if you have ADHD, so that people with barriers to learning can understand. Whatever you hate about JK Rowling, she writes very ‘cleanly’ and is popular with dyslexic kids for being accessible. Neuro diverse people often struggle with many of the issues below (next slide please) even if they are only diagnosed with one of the conditions. It is not inclusive to encourage people to write in a maverick way. Thank (space) you.

View attachment 536282
I was thinking this. Communication needs clarity. I naturally speak very quickly. I have to slow down, which may be uncomfortable to me, but it ensures that people will understand me.

Jack's recipes, for example, are written in a very maverick way which renders them inaccessible to many neuro-divergent people, people with low literacy levels, people with English as a second or additional language...and hell, even me, with a degree in English.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
I've wondered about her height as well. I'm 5'2 but I'm humongous compared to my SIL
and my cousin, both 4'10". Funnily enough our height is not a constant topic on social media...

Reactions: 28
Oh i didn’t know that had happened. I thought she was successful and therefore super rich at the time. I had read her MOTHER DIED (emphasis Jack’s own) when she was young. She seems nice, even if the Twitter chat up was, let’s admit, a bit gauche.
Think she was fairly rich before but now she's set to become mega-rich.

Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.