Jack Monroe #181 Time flies when you’re judging slop

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So she was bored on the train and removed the tile from her phone and live-tweeted pretending to prise it off the floor for the entire journey. What are the chances of finally managing it with 2 minutes to spare? Let alone the chances of finding it after 2 weeks. Luck of the Irish eh Jack?!?
I think you'll find it's luck of the Greeks today. Tomorrow...who knows?

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I thought a chaos had ensued- Sunday evening, a C2C train that runs between London and the Essex area...what a pile of shite. Odds on 🔻 a new face/voice in the next few days? Treatment, or tweakment?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 25
Her spending is so bizarre. She puts the strangest value on things, like a £60 watch is too much (whereas I’d see a good watch as a lifetime investment) but spaffs money on Tiles and sideboards.

Reactions: 39
Hard to see why she blocked the 'Didn't Happen of the Year' people, init.
It isn’t even amusing enough for them to be interested, it’s just a ridiculous lie. Obviously if the whole carriage had clapped it would have been a shoe in!

• Haha
Reactions: 34
If you have an iPhone, get an Apple Watch. You can 🔺 your phone even when it's on silent.

Gotta love Twitter addicts. "I need to do a thing! Step one: Tweet about it."
Completed it. She’s got an Apple Watch.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
How come she didn't tweet about the fantastical loss of the Tile thing when it happened?
I'm sure that is something she'd have wanted everyone to know.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
I cannot even imagine how the restrictions and lockdowns have impacted people in the UK. However, has Jack totally lost it? The whole tile story is bizarre and far beyond the limits of being believable. 🤯

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Her spending is so bizarre. She puts the strangest value on things, like a £60 watch is too much (whereas I’d see a good watch as a lifetime investment) but spaffs money on Tiles and sideboards.
Not to forget dozens of pairs of ugly trainers

• Haha
Reactions: 27
So she was bored on the train and removed the tile from her phone and live-tweeted pretending to prise it off the floor for the entire journey. What are the chances of finally managing it with 2 minutes to spare? Let alone the chances of finding it after 2 weeks. Luck of the Irish eh Jack?!?
That was so James Bond, it was unreal...defusing the bomb and then the counter is on 007. My arse. Didn't happen. At least not the way she told it.

And as some have pointed out, normally I would also respect the pronoun, name change or any other trans related issue but with her checking on what her current identity is makes a full time job of checking her bio and I am here because of her performative rubbish and to call it out and it would be a bit hypocritical to also call her a twit while making sure to use today's pronouns. I am a lesbian and was exposed to a lot of homophobia, not always directly but it hurt how we lived in the closet out of fear, could not bring home partners, how I watched my gay male friends having it much worse. How I mentioned to someone that a gay friend had died and everybody automatically assumed it was AIDS and it wasn't, it was a brain tumour. I am younger than @MancBee and have not been involved in so much grassroot activism but the times were not so much fun to teehee self-fetishise my own sexuality and turn it into an uptight person's sex joke like JM does. And even if my 'ovaries twitched' like hers apparently did, I would not put it out on Twitter- it is embarrassing to do that, like she did with Owen Jones.

I have had trans friends for ages and IMHO Jack does nothing useful both in regards to trans or gay acceptance.
I am glad that some things have changed though, the friendly and respectful Frauen and Herren make me happy.

• Heart
Reactions: 76
LJC why is Jack incapable of getting on a train without doing a chaos?!

I find it very hard to believe that something that 'bounced' off of their phone would become so firmly adhered. Particularly as this helpful post from a squiggle makes the removal process sound very simple
Screenshot_20210419-003650~2.png

• Haha
Reactions: 52
So in the ensuing two weeks the trains weren't cleaned? "The lies, the lies" etc.

ETA Sorry everyone has already said this 😊

Last edited:
Reactions: 38
That's never been on the floor of a train for 2 weeks. The trains are cleaned every night. It would of been scraped up or destroyed during the cleaning process.
Convenient how it was the exact same train and happened to be there 2 weeks later.... Miracle 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 55
That's never been on the floor of a train for 2 weeks. The trains are cleaned every night. It would of been scraped up or destroyed during the cleaning process.
Convenient how it was the exact same train and happened to be there 2 weeks later.... Miracle 🤷‍♀️
It is such a peculiar thing to lie about. I just do not get it. Why would you bother?
Is it as simple as a rather strange #ad?

Reactions: 43
What's interesting is that lots of squigs said she was looking very happy today after she uploaded the pic of her doing her best Buddy the elf impression, and not one response of "I'm not!" or a "Getting there but it's a long road :( " or even a "Well looks can be deceiving, can't they Patricia?"

What's up, Jack? Just gonna let the squigs think you're happy like that? Is this a first? Progress! 👏

• Haha
Reactions: 60
What's interesting is that lots of squigs said she was looking very happy today after she uploaded the pic of her doing her best Buddy the elf impression, and not one response of "I'm not!" or a "Getting there but it's a long road :( " or even a "Well looks can be deceiving, can't they Patricia?"

What's up, Jack? Just gonna let the squigs think you're happy like that? Is this a first? Progress! 👏
Is she still on a high after all the likes for her 'experiment '?

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.