Jack Monroe #180 Dildos, diatribes and diarrhoea

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are a lot of likes on that post, but surely some of that has come from the retweets, rather than through organic reach? It's been retweeted hundreds of times. Not a proper Twitter frau though, only a nose-at-Jack one so my knowledge is a bit lacking admittedly.

Does make me snigger when I search 'Jack Monroe' and I mostly get mentions of the Marvel character though 🤭.
Who retweets this madness?? The squiggles make me feel a million years old, because I'm here going what is the world coming to?! I'm about 3 doggos away from demanding that they bring back national service.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
Years ago I did a solid month of 63 hour work weeks. 11 hours M-F then 8 hours on Saturday. My god, after the second week I had a constant headache and was knackered.
Was also catching public transport to and from work, about 30 minutes each way.

There's no way they're doing that amount of work from home or wherever they are.

They're what my step dad calls 'Twenty Pounds of tit in a Ten Pound Bag.'

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
I think they missed the emo phase as a kid and feel like they missed out hence it all coming out now at the ripe age of 33.

I wasn't an emo but I was friends with many, especially at college. They all wrote those sorts of things on my space and had HIM lyrics on the msn handle.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Day 5 yawn. Can’t wait for the next week when she is in the studio as this isn’t working for me. She mentions rinsed beans. Double denim is back but horse piss stance is not (might be camera angle). Matt cooks fish but she learns nothing. He doesn’t seem annoyed with her today.

PrinceLumpy has been known to work 50-60 hours. It destroys him.
wonder how much childcare you can do in 100 plus hours or is she just counting HOURS SHE IS AWAKE

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 42
Even if someone you follow hasn't retweeted it, or even liked it, a tweet with that many likes will pop up in your timeline regardless. So it's not just her followers liking it but any rando who sees it.
I unfollowed Jack around the time of kitten gate. Can confirm this inane tweet has been on my feed twice since Jack posted it thanks to people I follow liking and interacting with it.

Almost a quarter of who I follow, follow Jack. It's grim. Feels like the emperors new (designer) clothers at this point.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
I think we should be very careful about using the correct pronouns for Jack. Not only because its the right thing to do, but you just know during the next 'mendacious bullies' rant they will accuse everyone here of misgendering them.
Yeah I spotted the change to they/them in the bio but in my last couple of posts I think I’ve used she/her and I feel really bad - genuinely sorry Jack - not malicious at all just keep forgetting.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I think they missed the emo phase as a kid and feel like they missed out hence it all coming out now at the ripe age of 33.

I wasn't an emo but I was friends with many, especially at college. They all wrote those sorts of things on my space and had HIM lyrics on the msn handle.
Placebo was the closest thing to an emo band that I would say I was into a lot at the time, although calling them emo is probably controversial among their fans 😂 I'm kind of glad I didn't come to Bright Eyes until later¹ actually, I really don't think Fevers and Mirrors would have done me much good if I'd heard it at the time.

¹Specifically in 2016, via hearing Conor Oberst's solo stuff.

Reactions: 19
Yeah I spotted the change to they/them in the bio but in my last couple of posts I think I’ve used she/her and I feel really bad - genuinely sorry Jack - not malicious at all just keep forgetting.
Don't feel bad. Jack keeps forgetting, too.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Wow, just done the maths and I work 104 hours a week on average.
My job has an on call rota 🔺 so I am on call every other week. So 168 hours week 1, then 40 hours week 2 gives 104 average!
However I'm not an utter knob so I actually say I work 40 hours a week. Sometimes it hits 50. I tend not to moan about this as I am fairly paid for the role / responsibility level.

Lies, damn lies and statistics. You can twist anything any way you want. Now, must update my social media bio with this revelation on my hours....

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
I unfollowed Jack around the time of kitten gate. Can confirm this inane tweet has been on my feed twice since Jack posted it thanks to people I follow liking and interacting with it.

Almost a quarter of who I follow, follow Jack. It's grim. Feels like the emperors new (designer) clothers at this point.
Babes, same. On unfollowing and then number twitterers that I follow that follow jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Sorry gang, been busy this morning! Totally agree with the majority of the replies to my post, it is hard to keep up with Jack's constant changes of heart, I mostly just don't want us to get labelled as transphobic when we're not! Let's not give Jack the ability to 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 32
Seeing that "sat at desk, pens lined up, laptop open" selfie reminded me of something. It seems this is something of a writing ritual of Jack's and if the intro to GFFBD is a sign of what's to come, their publisher might be waiting even longer for the Slop Bible than they expected...

Screenshot_20210417_110518_com.amazon.kindle_edit_13048194631862.jpg

Also, 100+ hour working weeks? Get to absolute duck. I'm surprised they have time to tit if that's even remotely approaching the truth. That bout of the trots the other week must have seriously dented their output for the day.

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Just had a realisation that I definately get miss hanngian vibes from them to their twitter followers. They are all send me love likes and in the next breath they say some people are dripping with diamonds,some people dripping with pearls, lucky me lucky me look at what Im dripping with literal trolls.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I think Jack's already said that the Compton/Monroe mash-up married name would be .... Common. So Jack can call their forever home 'the House of Commons'. Which I guess is what passes for wit chez Jack 🤷‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 56
The childish side of me wants to go swap the body of their wiki entries around, but the lazy adult side can't be arsed.
Jack’s is locked anyway, which appears to be due to constant edits from unknown people (*coughs* possibly Jack) adding loads of quotes and irrelevant details in 😂

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.