Jack Monroe #180 Dildos, diatribes and diarrhoea

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is that "Hello My Name Is" sticker new too? From "treatment"?

I hate posting this because I know she'll be getting a kick out of it...
It's a Doodles by Ben sticker, you get one when you buy the pin.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I think we should be very careful about using the correct pronouns for Jack. Not only because its the right thing to do, but you just know during the next 'mendacious bullies' rant they will accuse everyone here of misgendering them.
Jack has said that she is ok with femail pronouns. If she is no longer happy with this she should be explicit. Changing your bio on Twitter, as she does constantly, is not being explicit.

Not everyone is on Twitter, and even those that are do not check her bio daily.

Only the other day she jumped on someone for defending her gender neutral pronouns, saying that the pronouns are not important to her.

She can't expect people to keep up with her ever changing attitudes to pronouns. Until she says otherwise, I am happy to call her she/her as she has explicitly stated she is happy with that. Indeed she has very recently put down someone stating that we should call her they/them.

Be careful, she will be saying, those mendacious ninnies are denying me my rights as a woman.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
one hundred thousand likes on the still not deleted hunchy tweet 🤯

presumably that's confirmed their hunch, whatever it was

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Pronouns are they/them, which means you're meant to refer to Jack as 'they'. I'll be using their (ie Jack's) name a lot more as I find the sentence structures easier to understand that way. Hope that makes sense.
Same. I get tripped up on anyone's pronouns as it is if there's more than one in a sentence. I do not know why. I also get confused reading numbers in the teens because of the 24hr clock as well so I figure I'm just broken.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I think we should be very careful about using the correct pronouns for Jack. Not only because its the right thing to do, but you just know during the next 'mendacious bullies' rant they will accuse everyone here of misgendering them.
While I normally agree with the sentiment, Jack's pronouns are 'making sure people are fed' (or some such nonsense, as replied to a squiggle who jumped on someone else due to perceived-pronoun-mendacity) AND Jack just tweeted a few days ago about being a woman online and how that means editing every word you type. So I think it's fair to say that she/her and they/them are fine here.

ETA I think the request for different pronouns can be compared here to any other request. For example, if I have a friend who wants to stop smoking and asks me not to smoke around her, I will accommodate this request happily. If said friend then lights up in front of me, am I disrespecting her for having a fag? If Jack is referring to herself as a woman, I think it's fine to use the pronoun she/her.

Also, in the interest of transparency, I don't smoke.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
one hundred thousand likes on the still not deleted hunchy tweet 🤯

presumably that's confirmed their hunch, whatever it was
I'm a Twitter dunce, can anyone clue me up on what they're trying to achieve? Who would shadow ban etc?

They'll be pleased as punch on those engagement levels, when they finally arise from their pit of pens!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I'm still laughing my leg off at the ludicrous working 100 hours a week claim.
If this is true (obviously it isn't) has anyone ever been so spectacularly unproductive? As others have said Jack bizarrely thinks pointless twitter spats count as work - 'activism'.
(Bearing in mind the sneery attitude to people who have 'normal' jobs - laughing at the supermarket employee, obvious disdain for teachers).

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
I just looked at Jack's Twitter bio and it says they/them.

If I misgender you, Jack, it's because you keep moving the goal posts.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
I just looked at Jack's Twitter bio and it says they/them.

If I misgender you, Jack, it's because you keep moving the goal posts.
This is it. I have a few friends who have changed pronouns, and yeah, they may have got the eyeroll reaction from some when they publicly announced the change, yet it serves the purpose of getting the info out there factually and gives no excuses for getting it wrong from there on. (Slip-ups do happen, there's no malice, but sometimes it takes a mental transition for some to correct themselves naturally).

Jack plays fast and loose. It comes off like it's a silly game to them, and what hat can I wear today attitude. The Guardian article with the female/male Jack photos is low key offensive. It shows Jack immaturity on the issue of what gender is. I honestly think it's another breadcrumb trail, wanting squiggs to think they are possibly transitioning again.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Jack's and my idea of work diverge a tad.

I spend my working days doing stuff people have asked me to do, writing things that people have asked me to write,, reading and and answering emails, meeting deadlines and all that type of tit.

Jack's work seems to be, well duck knows, if I was so unproductive in 37 hours as Jack is in her 100 hours my employer would be telling me to go to duck
ETA, and in all honestly , I am a bit of a slacker.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
I'm still laughing my leg off at the ludicrous working 100 hours a week claim.
If this is true (obviously it isn't) has anyone ever been so spectacularly unproductive? As others have said Jack bizarrely thinks pointless twitter spats count as work - 'activism'.
(Bearing in mind the sneery attitude to people who have 'normal' jobs - laughing at the supermarket employee, obvious disdain for teachers).
I’m confused.

Does thinking about work count as ‘work?’

Had a really mundane dream about work - does this count as work? Should I add this on to my standard 35 hours?

• Haha
Reactions: 37
I'm a Twitter dunce, can anyone clue me up on what they're trying to achieve? Who would shadow ban etc?

They'll be pleased as punch on those engagement levels, when they finally arise from their pit of pens!

I honestly just think that they've not had a big numbers tweet in a while, so just tweeted something vaguely intriguing to get people interested

pop a "like this if you see it" and people absolutely will. minimum effort for a smidge of blue tick interaction

Reactions: 38
I honestly just think that they've not had a big numbers tweet in a while, so just tweeted something vaguely intriguing to get people interested

pop a "like this if you see it" and people absolutely will. minimum effort for a smidge of blue tick interaction
It's just a slightly dressed up version of 'Click to confirm you are not a robot'.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
It’s been said before but Jack’s approach to work seems to be lots of lists and charts about what needs to get done, without getting round to the doing.

A bit like those girls at school who had amazingly detailed revision plans that took them eight weeks to prepare.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.