Jack Monroe #180 Dildos, diatribes and diarrhoea

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
one hundred thousand likes on the still not deleted hunchy tweet 🤯

presumably that's confirmed their hunch, whatever it was
Hasn't it taken a really long time to get that much?! What I mean is don't people with high follower content get that in like the first couple of hours. I don't know alot about twitter but I am sure I have seen that being said.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Or all the blue ticks for that matter. Since they haven't been responding to her tweets

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Hasn't it taken a really long time to get that much?! What I mean is don't people with high follower content get that in like the first couple of hours. I don't know alot about twitter but I am sure I have seen that being said.
I think she has proved that a lot of people see her tweets, but looking at her Likes, CBA to read or respond to them.

Reactions: 35
One of my friends did a similar thing on Twitter this morning, apparently there is a known fault that has been making people's timelines disappear, so she wanted to check it. But she's also a bit of an oversharer who lives for likes so I'm not reading too much into it.

Reactions: 29
I'm still laughing my leg off at the ludicrous working 100 hours a week claim.
If this is true (obviously it isn't) has anyone ever been so spectacularly unproductive? As others have said Jack bizarrely thinks pointless twitter spats count as work - 'activism'.
(Bearing in mind the sneery attitude to people who have 'normal' jobs - laughing at the supermarket employee, obvious disdain for teachers).
I spent a month or so working 45 hour weeks last summer, and was absolutely knackered by the end of it, so I would take anyone's claim of working 100 hours in a week with a pinch of salt.

Reactions: 42
I spent a month or so working 45 hour weeks last summer, and was absolutely knackered by the end of it, so I would take anyone's claim of working 100 hours in a week with a pinch of salt.
I can't see Jack doing it unless we're playing fast and loose with the definition of work. I traditionally do ONE 90hr seven day week around Ramadan when my company forgets half our employees are Muslims and ends up understaffed, and occasionally over contract renewal time. It is absolute hell and I make sure everyone knows about it. Jack surely would be way more of a martyr about it.

eta: my job is only really work in a very very technical sense but all the being around people gets to ya

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Jack has on average 9.7 hours a day not working if their claims are true. 8 hours sleep, half hour for washing vinegar in their hair, an hour of free time, hmmm, maybe it is plausible :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Naaah! Jack's idea of working is unique smol pixie mythical nonsense.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
It's seems to matter only to the oversharers I wouldn't notice if I got little response back, but I don't send beggy messages or woe is me ones. ( I don't have sm) but I don't see the point in being an angry emo as an adult. Truth is the people commenting are just being nosey.

Reactions: 14
My working day (actually at my desk) is 6.45am till about 4/5pm and I generally do a bit of work in the evenings and at weekends. I think this is normal for a professional job and I get paid well. I don’t know anyone who makes great money working standard 9-5, but you obviously get a better work/life balance. If Jack wants less stress then the answer is either to get a job that pays better or live within their means.

Reactions: 35
There are a lot of likes on that post, but surely some of that has come from the retweets, rather than through organic reach? It's been retweeted hundreds of times. Not a proper Twitter frau though, only a nose-at-Jack one so my knowledge is a bit lacking admittedly.

Does make me snigger when I search 'Jack Monroe' and I mostly get mentions of the Marvel character though 🤭.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
There are a lot of likes on that post, but surely some of that has come from the retweets, rather than through organic reach? It's been retweeted hundreds of times. Not a proper Twitter frau though, only a nose-at-Jack one so my knowledge is a bit lacking admittedly.

Does make me snigger when I search 'Jack Monroe' and I mostly get mentions of the Marvel character though 🤭.
I reckon she’s absolutely kicking herself over her name choice for that reason (don’t know if it was intentional or related or whatever). Maybe that’s why she’s so desperate to get a Mrs J so she has an excuse to change it.

Reactions: 26
I reckon she’s absolutely kicking herself over her name choice for that reason (don’t know if it was intentional or related or whatever). Maybe that’s why she’s so desperate to get a Mrs J so she has an excuse to change it.
But Jack Compton sounds like a 1950s footballer, so maybe marrying Louisa is not the best idea for that 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
There are a lot of likes on that post, but surely some of that has come from the retweets, rather than through organic reach?
Even if someone you follow hasn't retweeted it, or even liked it, a tweet with that many likes will pop up in your timeline regardless. So it's not just her followers liking it but any rando who sees it.

Reactions: 27
My working day (actually at my desk) is 6.45am till about 4/5pm and I generally do a bit of work in the evenings and at weekends. I think this is normal for a professional job and I get paid well. I don’t know anyone who makes great money working standard 9-5, but you obviously get a better work/life balance. If Jack wants less stress then the answer is either to get a job that pays better or live within their means.
Very few jobs are 9_5 now as there's always work to be done at home or extra to catch up on during the working day.

Truth people have always worked long hours especially the working classes. Wasn't it always the thing your granny said how she had to work on the farm from sun up to sunset, then wash all the clothes for her entire extended family, cook andclean, look after all the children. It's not new.

Reactions: 30
The childish side of me wants to go swap the body of their wiki entries around, but the lazy adult side can't be arsed.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.