Jack Monroe #180 Dildos, diatribes and diarrhoea

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's an episode of Cops in which a guy is searched and some narcotics are found in his pocket. His excuse was they weren't his pants, he just found them and put them on.

Jack's 'showing her child something about Social Media' excuse has just knocked that story off the top spot of lamest, most unbelievable excuses I've ever heard. And she had waaaay more time to think of something credible.
Lindsay Lohan tried that one too, when she was caught with drugs! 'These are not my jeans' - Lol. Jack is lame indeed,

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Genuine question, why do you do this in relation to Jack? I completely agree with respecting people's names and pronouns, but we are all here slagging her off. I'm not sure why you draw the line at pronouns. I genuinely don't mean this in a combative way, I'm trying to understand.

To clarify, if Jack changed her pronouns on her website, etc., I'd absolutely try my hardest to respect them though I def struggle with they/them more than with he or she, because it is still less familiar to me, not because I'm trying to be a dick.
I do it for Jack because I (try my best to) do it for everyone. It's something that I believe it's important to respect and whilst I think there are many reasons to question the way that that Jack uses their gender identity to gain attention and silence debate, that's not enough for me to change my personal policy just for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
All I can see is if you sad fish online for likes you get likes. 🤦🤷 Not sure it's something I want my child to know tbh.or perhaps he said my friends in school said no one likes you and she said I will show you how much I am loved.

Reactions: 30
Thank you for saying this, I thought I was out of step with current thinking on here. No one knows what is going on inside Jack's head, or what Jack thinks is meant by non binary, but it certainly doesn't align with my understanding of non binary. It is all done for attention. I couldn't care what gender Jack choses to be, but this playing acting is doing the community a lot of harm. That Guardian article where she dressed in male and female gendered clothing was particularly offensive, as was the article itself.

It has been said that Jack is so brave for coming out as Trans Non Binary and what an activist Jack is. I have been involved with LGBT+ activism my whole adolescent and adult life, since the 1960's, never have I met anyone that has done anything less brave and do so little and yet call themselves an activist.

I will tell you what is brave, going onto a building site in the 1970's and saying that no, the wife won't be expecting me home, my boyfriend will. I will tell you what activism is, it is going on the biggest anti Clause 28 march in the country, fundraising for AIDs charities, providing support and counselling to youngsters that have been thrown out of home. I could go on and on, but wont.

I tell you what isn't brave or activism. It isn't brave to come out to accepting media lovey friends and use your new found "notoriety" to gain personal wealth and do nothing to further the understanding for those that come after you. It isn't activism to sit typing out tweets on Twitter for personal aggrandisement and financial gain without actually doing anything to change the situation of others.

I have had enough of Jack and the silly game playing. I pray for the day that it all comes crashing down.

Getting angry at Jack is actually hurting me not her, so I think I will take some time out.
I love your posts - they’re so passionate and dismantle all the bullshit. I know they’re borne out of a lifetime of actually fighting for equality and the accompanying pain, anger and heartache. They really show the Twitter handwringing and empty pledges for what they are - virtual not actual.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
Thank you for saying this, I thought I was out of step with current thinking on here. No one knows what is going on inside Jack's head, or what Jack thinks is meant by non binary, but it certainly doesn't align with my understanding of non binary. It is all done for attention. I couldn't care what gender Jack choses to be, but this playing acting is doing the community a lot of harm. That Guardian article where she dressed in male and female gendered clothing was particularly offensive, as was the article itself.

It has been said that Jack is so brave for coming out as Trans Non Binary and what an activist Jack is. I have been involved with activism my whole adolescent and adult life, since the 1960's, never have I met anyone that has done anything less brave and do so little and yet call themselves an activist.

I will tell you what is brave, going onto a building site in the 1970's and saying that no, the wife won't be expecting me home, my boyfriend will. I will tell you what activism is, it is going on the biggest anti Clause 28 march in the country, fundraising for AIDs charities, providing support and counselling to youngsters that have been thrown out of home. I could go on and on, but wont.

I tell you what isn't brave or activism. It isn't brave to come out to accepting media lovey friends and use your new found "notoriety" to gain personal wealth and do nothing to further the understanding for those that come after you. It isn't activism to sit typing out tweets on Twitter for personal aggrandisement and financial gain without actually doing anything to change the situation of others.

I have had enough of Jack and the silly game playing. I pray for the day that it all comes crashing down.

Getting angry at Jack is actually hurting me not her, so I think I will take some time out.
Reading your posts always interest me because you seem to have lived such a. Interesting life I think your opinions on things are always spot on.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I've said it before and I'll say it again: if you're working 100 hours a week but still can't make rent, you should probably consider a career change. It's all very well to do something you love but if you're struggling to survive, it should really become a side hobby/hustle rather than your main source of income.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.