Jack Monroe #180 Dildos, diatribes and diarrhoea

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why does she need Twitter likes to teach her son about the nature of social media :rolleyes: typical narc-type behaviour by centring themselves and creating fuel for their ego when a simple discussion would suffice.

Not that I'm at all convinced by her excuse, I reckon she was fishing for attention from LJC as she was bound to be in the office today due to Prince Phillip's funeral

Looking forward to the lesson about data protection, Jack

• Heart
Reactions: 54
For me it's not about not offending Jack. I try to use the pronouns that have been requested, even if I'm suspicious of the reasons behind it and even if I don't like the person. Sometimes that means having to accommodate dickheads.
Genuine question, why do you do this in relation to Jack? I completely agree with respecting people's names and pronouns, but we are all here slagging her off. I'm not sure why you draw the line at pronouns. I genuinely don't mean this in a combative way, I'm trying to understand.

To clarify, if Jack changed her pronouns on her website, etc., I'd absolutely try my hardest to respect them though I def struggle with they/them more than with he or she, because it is still less familiar to me, not because I'm trying to be a dick.

Reactions: 26
My (uninterested in jack & only aware of them because of my tales of the cabal) daughter just sent me a screenshot of the sadfish *ahem* simple experiment as it had come up on her timeline! This may have been done as an exercise in engagement but non fans will just see Jack as needy and narky.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Why does she need Twitter likes to teach her son about the nature of social media :rolleyes: typical narc-type behaviour by centring themselves and creating fuel for their ego when a simple discussion would suffice.

Not that I'm at all convinced by her excuse, I reckon she was fishing for attention from LJC as she was bound to be in the office today due to Prince Phillip's funeral

Me too. Jack’s just invoking SB so if people still call them out, they can turn it round to “I was doing it for my sonnnnnnn, you’re all being mean to an ELEVEN YEAR OLD.” And probably called LJC to cry the same down the phone to her.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
SIL ended up ill (basically had a breakdown) because of it too. She said in hindsight it was the best thing that happened as it forced her to get away from it for that period and she never went back. It’s awful, I hope you find a way out before it gets to that stage ❤

It’s what makes it so incomprehensible to me that Jack seems to do all of this so willingly.
Your poor SIL :( . I am so glad that she has seen the silver lining in it though.

That's basically also been me since the latter part of last year. I can't really say more without 🔺🔻myself but it's not as simple as me quitting sadly. It's v complicated.

Jack does it as without it, what else do they have? It's her only form of staying visible. She just doesn't have a profile without it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I’ve been BUSY with work and did a mini grunk but skipped the last thread as I can’t keep up. I’m really confused at what’s going on to be fair.

I’m actually wondering whatever happened to the person @GrunkaLunka? I never see their posts on here anymore.

• Sad
Reactions: 39
A simple discussion? Poor kid has been front-row-centre on his mother's antics on social media for all his life. He is past the simple discussion stage!

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 29

Dear ICO person, I was teaching my son about data safety and GDPR...

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I’ve been BUSY with work and did a mini grunk but skipped the last thread as I can’t keep up. I’m really confused at what’s going on to be fair.

I’m actually wondering whatever happened to the person @GrunkaLunka? I never see their posts on here anymore.
I miss @GrunkaLunka , but I can only assume she's come to the realisation that Jack will never change AND LEFT. I often think of quitting but get sucked back because I love the drama.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
Ohhhh the unspecified mixed salt in those replies! Nothing says 'I don't give a tit about what you have to say' like going out of your way to craft what you hope is a witty and scathing reply to some rando. The 'it was to demonstrate something to my son' thing reminds me of when doing horrible pranks was huge on YouTube and they'd say it was a social experiment. It's just a prank bro! Don't you have a slop and drain hair manual to deliver to your publisher, Jack?

With regards to pronouns, when Jack went off at that squig saying their pronouns are 'whatever gets children fed', what they really meant was 'whatever best suits my narrative at the present moment'. I can see both sides of it and I'll use their current stated preferred pronouns but I think it feels very disingenuous.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 58
To show what?
That no matter what SB reads on the internet about his mama, she has lots of people who love her. Or he’s told her he hates her in a pre-teen Kevin type way and she has said well look at all these people that love me...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 26
To show what?
How fast the cabal of bullying ninnies see and screenshot it?
ETA if famous word inventing Frau grunkalunka ever returns she really will have the ultimate Grunka to do. I just recalled Poca’s deploy the Cooper pic from last night and I am HOOTING, that’s was a good one

• Haha
Reactions: 36
Genuine question, why do you do this in relation to Jack?
I’m not the person you quoted but I was going to comment about why I edited my post before the gender chat anyway. For me in relation to Jack, now I know they have their pronouns as they/them in their twitter bio I will use that. Otherwise the people that think tattle is full of transphobic bullying ninnies might jump on it. I don’t want Jack to have any comeback on us even though their pronouns are different wherever you look! I suppose as Twitter is Jack’s main “work” (😂😂) I’ll go with whatever it says on there.

• Heart
Thank you for saying this, I thought I was out of step with current thinking on here. No one knows what is going on inside Jack's head, or what Jack thinks is meant by non binary, but it certainly doesn't align with my understanding of non binary. It is all done for attention. I couldn't care what gender Jack choses to be, but this playing acting is doing the community a lot of harm. That Guardian article where she dressed in male and female gendered clothing was particularly offensive, as was the article itself.

It has been said that Jack is so brave for coming out as Trans Non Binary and what an activist Jack is. I have been involved with LGBT+ activism my whole adolescent and adult life, since the 1960's, never have I met anyone that has done anything less brave and do so little and yet call themselves an activist.

I will tell you what is brave, going onto a building site in the 1970's and saying that no, the wife won't be expecting me home, my boyfriend will. I will tell you what activism is, it is going on the biggest anti Clause 28 march in the country, fundraising for AIDs charities, providing support and counselling to youngsters that have been thrown out of home. I could go on and on, but wont.

I tell you what isn't brave or activism. It isn't brave to come out to accepting media lovey friends and use your new found "notoriety" to gain personal wealth and do nothing to further the understanding for those that come after you. It isn't activism to sit typing out tweets on Twitter for personal aggrandisement and financial gain without actually doing anything to change the situation of others.

I have had enough of Jack and the silly game playing. I pray for the day that it all comes crashing down.

Getting angry at Jack is actually hurting me not her, so I think I will take some time out.
What I love about this is that (as many of you know), I’m in the construction industry, and it’s so different now. I’m slightly younger than you, @MancBee but not by much, and I remember those horrific, prejudicial times. Now, at least on my sites, the workers are employed according to ability. I will absolutely not tolerate cat calling or homophobic abuse - they’re out of the door quicker than a JM peach and chickpea curry out of my arse. I speak as a tiny smol skinny black man who has had his fair share of the above!!

PS thank you, everyone, for all the love you’ve sent to Mrs. B - it’s so much appreciated x

• Heart
Reactions: 96
Genuine question, why do you do this in relation to Jack? I completely agree with respecting people's names and pronouns, but we are all here slagging her off. I'm not sure why you draw the line at pronouns. I genuinely don't mean this in a combative way, I'm trying to understand.

To clarify, if Jack changed her pronouns on her website, etc., I'd absolutely try my hardest to respect them though I def struggle with they/them more than with he or she, because it is still less familiar to me, not because I'm trying to be a dick.
not the person you quoted but to me a person's gender identity isn't something they earn by being a good person, and i feel like not at least trying to call someone by their chosen pronouns i'd be implying that nb identities don't really matter or aren't real. not saying everyone has to think this but that's my headspace on it at least. that said, jack's not really got a leg to stand on getting pissed (if indeed that does happen) bc twitter bio update isn't really clear

anyway - more on topic, absolutely cringing at that social media lesson

• Heart
Even if someone you follow hasn't retweeted it, or even liked it, a tweet with that many likes will pop up in your timeline regardless. So it's not just her followers liking it but any rando who sees it.
I dont follow Jack and it popped up as Twitter notification thing for me

• Wow
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.