Jack Monroe #180 Dildos, diatribes and diarrhoea

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't even like tweets at request from people I like or adore, let alone people I dislike.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Welcome! I'm LOVING your reactions in real time. Dive on in and enjoy, but I feel I should warn you about the singing. And the food.
And for the love of all that is holy, watch out for the bechamel! It’s sal-tay.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 30
Not sure why people are worried about offending Jack by calling her she... she gets called a bleep every thread 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 67
Her/Their non-binary status and pronouns are cosplay, like her poverty and her autism. It’s all a game designed to gaslight others into thinking we’re doing something ‘wrong’ if we don’t play into it
Thank you for saying this, I thought I was out of step with current thinking on here. No one knows what is going on inside Jack's head, or what Jack thinks is meant by non binary, but it certainly doesn't align with my understanding of non binary. It is all done for attention. I couldn't care what gender Jack choses to be, but this playing acting is doing the community a lot of harm. That Guardian article where she dressed in male and female gendered clothing was particularly offensive, as was the article itself.

It has been said that Jack is so brave for coming out as Trans Non Binary and what an activist Jack is. I have been involved with LGBT+ activism my whole adolescent and adult life, since the 1960's, never have I met anyone that has done anything less brave and do so little and yet call themselves an activist.

I will tell you what is brave, going onto a building site in the 1970's and saying that no, the wife won't be expecting me home, my boyfriend will. I will tell you what activism is, it is going on the biggest anti Clause 28 march in the country, fundraising for AIDs charities, providing support and counselling to youngsters that have been thrown out of home. I could go on and on, but wont.

I tell you what isn't brave or activism. It isn't brave to come out to accepting media lovey friends and use your new found "notoriety" to gain personal wealth and do nothing to further the understanding for those that come after you. It isn't activism to sit typing out tweets on Twitter for personal aggrandisement and financial gain without actually doing anything to change the situation of others.

I have had enough of Jack and the silly game playing. I pray for the day that it all comes crashing down.

Getting angry at Jack is actually hurting me not her, so I think I will take some time out.

• Heart
Reactions: 171
Poor guy is still just trying to get a simple honest answer. And the latest Jack defender apparently has research degrees in a field that one would assume would require critical thinking and looking for answers. Instead she’s blowing smoke up the slop-servers bum. I don’t get it.
5D8EA194-4C40-4CB3-952D-C90F84FD1EF9.jpeg
A2A352E0-82AA-43D5-B6BA-79B55E1C814D.jpeg

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
Thank you for saying this, I thought I was out of step with current thinking on here. No one knows what is going on inside Jack's head, or what Jack thinks is meant by non binary, but it certainly doesn't align with my understanding of non binary. It is all done for attention. I couldn't care what gender Jack choses to be, but this playing acting is doing the community a lot of harm. That Guardian article where she dressed in male and female gendered clothing was particularly offensive, as was the article itself.

It has been said that Jack is so brave for coming out as Trans Non Binary and what an activist Jack is. I have been involved with LGBT+ activism my whole adolescent and adult life, since the 1960's, never have I met anyone that has done anything less brave and do so little and yet call themselves an activist.

I will tell you what is brave, going onto a building site in the 1970's and saying that no, the wife won't be expecting me home, my boyfriend will. I will tell you what activism is, it is going on the biggest anti Clause 28 march in the country, fundraising for AIDs charities, providing support and counselling to youngsters that have been thrown out of home. I could go on and on, but wont.

I tell you what isn't brave or activism. It isn't brave to come out to accepting media lovey friends and use your new found "notoriety" to gain personal wealth and do nothing to further the understanding for those that come after you. It isn't activism to sit typing out tweets on Twitter for personal aggrandisement and financial gain without actually doing anything to change the situation of others.

I have had enough of Jack and the silly game playing. I pray for the day that it all comes crashing down.

Getting angry at Jack is actually hurting me not her, so I think I will take some time out.

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Aww, I love the new members. Once you've been reading Jack threads for more than two weeks you're like:

View attachment 533594

I can tell that Twitter is down because a friend of mine who is a blue ticker/complete addict actually sent me a whatsapp message during daylight hours. Obviously missing the attention and interaction. Twitter is a sickness.
I hope this isn’t a derail but may I ask a question? Don’t answer if this is rude but I’m curious. Does them being a twitter wanker affect your friendship? Do you have to second guess what you say or do because of thinking they’re constantly keeping an eye out for the perfect tweet material?

I see it a lot with people whipping out their phones to post statuses, whilst on days out with their family, and the two parents will be posting updates at the same time, about the same thing, then replying to each other’s posts! While actually ON the damn day trip and ignoring their children.

I actually cringe to think how ten years ago I would post so much tit on fb (never a “u ok hun” fisher but just inane thoughts) and I think it was the novelty but also thinking I’m hilarious and everyone should know. Thank duck I grew up as it’s just embarrassing to see it in other people.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
Poor guy is still just trying to get a simple honest answer. And the latest Jack defender apparently has research degrees in a field that one would assume would require critical thinking and looking for answers. Instead she’s blowing smoke up the slop-servers bum. I don’t get it.
View attachment 533649View attachment 533651
It's this part which is just mindblowing for me. Asked for an example of a data set Jack's working on, the response is .... to see who posts emojis? What?

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 15.24.09.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Her/Their non-binary status and pronouns are cosplay, like her poverty and her autism. It’s all a game designed to gaslight others into thinking we’re doing something ‘wrong’ if we don’t play into it
Agree 100% . It's s all bullshit. We don't worry about calling her rich, even though she claims to be poor. I'll defer to her choice of pronouns once she's consistently clear in them. Until then I'll call her what I want, which is usually is a twunt.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
Not sure why people are worried about offending Jack by calling her she... she gets called a bleep every thread 🥴
For me it's not about not offending Jack. I try to use the pronouns that have been requested, even if I'm suspicious of the reasons behind it and even if I don't like the person. Sometimes that means having to accommodate dickheads.

• Heart
Reactions: 48

@MancBee you always just seem to know what to say for me ♥

For me, I really don’t want to be accused of deliberately offending her by not using pronouns. Even though it’s an anonymous forum and I know I’m not like that, I just don’t want to play into her hands and give her a Saturday night whinge (should Twitter be fixed).

I don’t follow her on Twitter so I only see what our lovely receipt recoverers show but it’s in her bio, we’ve spoken about it here so I’m going to try and use pronouns and if I get it wrong, it’ll be out of habit and not malice. And then she’ll change again and I’ll be years behind, confusing myself because none of my posts read write 😩

• Heart
Reactions: 50
Well I'm actually howling and hooting over Jack's tweet and their "hunch". Because I think they thought it wouldn't get that many likes, yet it's got bloody loads. So, all their other tweets with under 1k likes, are just ignored by people as they are as dull as ditch water as opposed to not been seen by them!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 63
Guys I'm creasing at this 🤣🤣🤣

Quotes from wiki:

Jack sells iPhone for a quarter of its original price (1)

Jul 2012: Jack sells guitar and TV (1)

Aug 2012: Jack sells TV again (4)

Aug 2012: Jack has her famous "yard sale" and sells everything including ... two more guitars, her iPhone again

How many guitars and TVs and iPhones?????
I’m grunkaing but chiming in to say - please watch DKL, @Lumpyspaceprincess is re-watching it for the 1 year anniversary and I’m loving the updates and your “new to Jack” outrage. The Kickstarter affair is good, too.

Reactions: 30
Pronouns are they/them, which means you're meant to refer to Jack as 'they'. I'll be using their (ie Jack's) name a lot more as I find the sentence structures easier to understand that way. Hope that makes sense.
Snap, it’s easier to go through a post and correct to Jack than they as you have to re jiggle the sentence sometimes. Can’t imagine that’ll do Jack any favours re: tattle ranking so high for Jack’s name though 😳

Hate the “where is Jack” discourse but we’re now approaching the third week Jack’s ducked off from home? Reluctant to comment on anyone with co parenting arrangements as I can’t imagine how much you must miss little cuddles when they’re gone but this is quite the deviation from Jack’s woe is me doing it all alone act, no?

Re: stickers on laptop it’s a thing I’ve noticed in tech, like different conferences or apps or tech companies etc will give you them or other misc tat and some people like loading their laptop with it. I prefer the pins and do use them on a tote, sadly not a leather lapel in sight here x

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Snap, it’s easier to go through a post and correct to Jack than they as you have to re jiggle the sentence sometimes. Can’t imagine that’ll do Jack any favours re: tattle ranking so high for Jack’s name though 😳
Maybe we should just correct everything to the full name 'Jack Monroe' every time we refer to her/them so 'Jack Monroe' is the highest used term on tattle ☺

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Jack's current whereabouts: scouring the list of people who liked that tweet, searching in vain for Matt Tebbutt.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.