Jack Monroe #171 Just discovered her and think she’s horrid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I only briefly scrolled down and got bored with the re-tweets but it could be. I saw one of a Hogwarts Lego set with a comment about adding detail (which inferred his ND traits make him do) like anybody building an expensive and intricate Lego set would but 🤷🏼‍♀️

Also, the comment Jack made was in relation to someone pulling him up about offering his services when he has only his own, first hand life experience to base his training and talks on, no actual training in the subject he is offering to get paid work for. In my opinion, they have a very valid point. You can be genuine and diagnosed with ND/autism or any other physical or mental trait, but still not be an effective mentor/representative/trainer etc. And you can have magical, engaging and memorable trainers without formal training, but it is quite rare and I would imagine (very tentatively, hope I am not offending!) that an UNTRAINED anxiety ridden, autistic person that can present training to an effective, engaging and high standard would be a rare fish indeed.

I did notice that one of his marginally more popular threads (still under 1k shares/likes) had this at the bottom. Quell bleeping surprise.

Edit - you can see why Jack is a fan on the second attached image.
It's this idea that "lived experience" is more important than expertise. The truth is that it is and it isn't. Take another situation: yes, we should listen to cancer patients talking about their experience, but not at the expense of ignoring oncologists.

It's particularly bad when the "lived experience" is coming from someone who self-diagnosed with the help of Dr Google, which a great many of these Twitter types tend to be. That's when we start getting "I knew I was autistic because I don't like mushrooms" and all this dangerous nonsense.

ETA: comments on that autism post:

20210330_111856.jpg
20210330_111909.jpg

I don't know whether to laugh or cry at "all the expertise you've gained on Twitter".

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
As I've said before, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I dont claim to be an expert on autism. I dont even claim to be an expert on my own personality, because it makes no bleeping sense, even to me at times.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
As I've said before, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I dont claim to be an expert on autism. I dont even claim to be an expert on my own personality, because it makes no bleeping sense, even to me at times.
That's a good point. Lived experience is a valid and important thing to acknowledge, but because it is so deeply personal, sometimes that 'outside' voice is needed for balance.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
She only mentions deadlines when she needs an excuse about why she can't respond to something she posted for attention

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Thanks to everyone for the kind words and thoughts, really appreciated.

Op all done in about 4 hours, so a little more complicated that they had anticipated, they said it would be over in an hour. The pain and local anaesthetic are doing their job thank goodness. The general anaesthetic lingered so I had a great night's sleep. Fingers crossed it has been successful. I have had a quick look and it looks brutal, goodness knows how they manage to get such huge bruises in places nowhere near where the operation site is. Onward and upward, need to get home now.

Talking about grey hair, the nurse thought I was a famous chef using a false name. It was a private hospital (I was NHS of course) so it might well have been. I asked her who she though I was and she said Marcus Wareing. I hadn't a clue, so Googled him.

🔺 I had to admit, some of the pictures I really thought were of me! Now either he looks old for his age, or I look very young. I think it is probably a bit of both.

Off for a read of the pages I missed.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 111

Op all done in about 4 hours, so a little more complicated that they had anticipated, they said it would be over in an hour. The pain and local anaesthetic are doing their job thank goodness. The general anaesthetic lingered so I had a great night's sleep. Fingers crossed it has been successful. I have had a quick look and it looks brutal, goodness knows how they manage to get such huge bruises in places nowhere near where the operation site is. Onward and upward, need to get home now.

Talking about grey hair, the nurse thought I was a famous chef using a false name. It was a private hospital (I was NHS of course) so it might well have been. I asked her who she though I was and she said Marcus Wareing. I hadn't a clue, so Googled him.

🔺 I had to admit, some of the pictures I really thought were of me! Now either he looks old for his age, or I look very young. I think it is probably a bit of both.

Glad to hear that!

I bet you were crossing your fingers that she didn't say Antony Worrall Thompson...

• Haha
Reactions: 54
Did anyone ever get to the bottom of why her foodbank donation was labelled with her name??
Anyway, found this, not sure if someone here linked it but it's a wild ride (old article)

Eta : this too https://web.archive.org/web/2015110...ldnt-believe-what-they-write-about-me-either/
That is the most self indulgent load of twaddle I have read in a long time.

"co-parenting a safe, happy, secure, intelligent child". But that's not true is it Jack? Because he wasn't safe when you were selling his toys to buy beans to rinse for his dinner was he? He wasn't happy when he needed food that you couldn't provide? He wasn't being co-parented because his father wasn't aware of any issues. You self indulgent little bastard, social services should have had you for basically malnourishing your son because you were too pig headed to tell your family.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 63

What a compliment! Marcus Wareing is 🔥

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Evening everyone, just popping in to say I’m 36 and a half and I found my first grey hair last year on July 18th. It was thick and white and wiry and I yanked the bastard straight out.
What a compliment! Marcus Wareing is 🔥
Was just gonna say this!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Evening everyone, just popping in to say I’m 36 and a half and I found my first grey hair last year on July 18th. It was thick and white and wiry and I yanked the bastard straight out.

Was just gonna say this!!
You’re 10 years older than me and only just found your first? 🥲 some people have all the luck lol in 6 months time I’m going to be full on grey 😭

• Heart
Reactions: 21
That is the most self indulgent load of twaddle I have read in a long time.

"co-parenting a safe, happy, secure, intelligent child". But that's not true is it Jack? Because he wasn't safe when you were selling his toys to buy beans to rinse for his dinner was he? He wasn't happy when he needed food that you couldn't provide? He wasn't being co-parented because his father wasn't aware of any issues. You self indulgent little bastard, social services should have had you for basically malnourishing your son because you were too pig headed to tell your family.
And what does it matter how intelligent her child is? Would it have changed anything if her son wasn't intelligent. Surely that has no bearing on the situation. Or should we only find compassion for mothers of intelligent children?

I see her nonsense has not diminished with the years.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
I must be the ‘maverick' here. I do colour my hair, but I am going very grey/white, but it is not coarse, wiry, wavey. It’s just like the rest, long, dead straight 🤷‍♀️

Reactions: 18
@MancBee the glamour of being Marcus Waring! Brilliant! We don’t like him much because he seems to be against the minority contestants on master chef and is always telling them they have cooked their own traditional foods ‘wrong’. He’s also mad about lamb. Loves eating lamb. He would have Jack for breakfast.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
I only briefly scrolled down and got bored with the re-tweets but it could be. I saw one of a Hogwarts Lego set with a comment about adding detail (which inferred his ND traits make him do) like anybody building an expensive and intricate Lego set would but 🤷🏼‍♀️

Also, the comment Jack made was in relation to someone pulling him up about offering his services when he has only his own, first hand life experience to base his training and talks on, no actual training in the subject he is offering to get paid work for. In my opinion, they have a very valid point. You can be genuine and diagnosed with ND/autism or any other physical or mental trait, but still not be an effective mentor/representative/trainer etc. And you can have magical, engaging and memorable trainers without formal training, but it is quite rare and I would imagine (very tentatively, hope I am not offending!) that an UNTRAINED anxiety ridden, autistic person that can present training to an effective, engaging and high standard would be a rare fish indeed.

I did notice that one of his marginally more popular threads (still under 1k shares/likes) had this at the bottom. Quell bleeping surprise.

Edit - you can see why Jack is a fan on the second attached image.
I don't understand these accounts that make their entire focus & personality centre on their mental illness/neurodivergence. I thought that most people wanted to think less about their poor mental health and work on being able to live a 'normal' life despite any symptoms? I've seen a lot of teenagers base everything on their depression/anxiety etc and that seems fair enough due to their age, but when adults do this constantly and even monetize it, it just feels odd. Perhaps it's because a lot of people I've known (including myself) have really struggled through mental illness, and wouldn't even dream of making some quirky post about how cute and unique sufferers of their MH issue are?

• Heart
Reactions: 40

So glad you’re ok, it’s horrible that it was more complicated than expected. Are you able, or wanting, to stay in a bit longer to recover? You hit the crappy jackpot with private X NHS for an op, I say that with total understanding that it’s never ideal to be having one in the first place. I’ve had loads in NHS and two private.

Last operation I had, I was howling and clawing at the carpet in my RENTED house just thinking about it. I’ve had loads of operations before and was not feeling great about another one. Then they told me it would have to be at a private hospital.

Manc, Mate. I got there and was like little orphan Annie, when she gets to Daddy Warbucks’s house and starts singing “I think I’m gonna like it here!”. The fish supper after the op was like silver service! It wasn’t even cooked in its own freezer juices, which is just bizarre 🤷‍♀️ I eventually got wheeled out of there and chucked in a cab after begging successfully to stay an extra night.
Disclaimer: yes I fully get the problematic situation of NHS/privatisation etc etc etc

On topic with Jack, I wish she’d keep her facetuned nose out of autism. I don’t believe she has it, for one. If she does, then she totally misunderstands her diagnosis. She uses it as an excuse for everything, and doesn’t seem to be able to distinguish autistic traits from sheer tomfoolery.

Being autistic definitely qualifies that guy to talk about his experiences of autism. A diagnosis does not, however, qualify anyone to become some kind of figurehead or spokesperson for the condition, unless they are also fully trained and have studied extensively. There is research and careful work to be done, before you can speak on behalf of a whole community of people.

• Heart
Reactions: 55
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.