Jack Monroe #171 Just discovered her and think she’s horrid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was taught to say Dinky. When we moved to Australia a kid asked me if I wanted a Dinky on his bike. I was like WTF and ran home. I later found out dinky is Aussie slang for sitting on the handlebars, AKA donkey or double.

Words are words are words, until you're 7 years old and traumatised.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Ok - I think I have it figured out. She has put “What Three Words” on one of her many high end phones and has had a play with it.

Also - the chap about the autism book...he has a Patreon. They ALL have Patreons, don’t they. I have two debts of gratitude to this website. The camaraderie and humour, with intelligence and kindness, is second to no other niche corner of the internet. I have also been cured of spunking money on GoFundMe/Patreon etc. They have lost all credibility in my eyes. Even Captain Tom only got a few quid off our family last year because my daughter chipped in!
I was thinking about this earlier today. Jack is so awful in her grifting, but she is not alone.

I saw that someone had put up a post on Facebook with some memes and funny tweets about the Suez Canal drama. They didn't create the memes or write the tweets, just put them into an album and shared it...with their cash app ID. Seriously, you think I'm gonna pay you for collating memes on Facebook?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
I was taught to say Dinky. When we moved to Australia a kid asked me if I wanted a Dinky on his bike. I was like WTF and ran home. I later found out dinky is Aussie slang for sitting on the handlebars, AKA donkey or double.

Minny, Miffy, Dinky - is this the new cast of Made in Chelsea?

• Haha
Reactions: 48

An iced dinky is a cake in Liverpool. It has very thick pink icing and a fake smartie on a large cupcake.
This could be the origins of fanny cake 😱

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
I had mine done last week for the first time in five months, and it felt amazing. I asked them to cut it slightly shorter than normal so it'll last if we get more restrictions...

There was a girl in there, about 19 or 20, getting a drastic change. She came in with long hair...I watched as the hairdresser hacked off the front of it and shaped it all nicely around her face, like a shaggy indie pixie cut, really gorgeous. I was waiting for him to do the back of her hair, but he put down the scissors and reached for the hairdryer and I realised to my horror that she was getting a full-on mullet. I almost wanted to stage an intervention. Don't take style advice from MacGyver!

Still...better than a reverse rat's tail, at least?
Oh this hairstyle is totally on-trend again at the minute, called the shag haircut (I know this because I keep down with the kids by watching too many TikTok vids). Some people really pull it off well and it can look fab. While I'm on the TikTok subject, Jack is DEFINITELY watching them too. I've seen so many vids where I'm like 'ah, that's why Jack has been mentioning this' etc. Right down to making hot drinks in the slow cooker. They're up to all sorts on there, but she tweets like she came up with the ideas. ETA see also the drying your hair with tshirts and leggings, it's the curly-girl method, was a huge trend on TT, she's only about a year or two late for it

She also admitted to it at one point when she was talking about making the cheese quesadilla thing, or whatever it was a good while back. She's getting her personality from TT right now. See also: plants and cottagecore

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
I had mine done last week for the first time in five months, and it felt amazing. I asked them to cut it slightly shorter than normal so it'll last if we get more restrictions...

There was a girl in there, about 19 or 20, getting a drastic change. She came in with long hair...I watched as the hairdresser hacked off the front of it and shaped it all nicely around her face, like a shaggy indie pixie cut, really gorgeous. I was waiting for him to do the back of her hair, but he put down the scissors and reached for the hairdryer and I realised to my horror that she was getting a full-on mullet. I almost wanted to stage an intervention. Don't take style advice from MacGyver!

Still...better than a reverse rat's tail, at least?
mullets are back in fashion now. Along with flared jeans. I feel old

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
My hair is fine but "there's a lot of it" as my hairdresser mum used to say. It also has a bend to it, not quite a wave, and goes its own damn way, regardless of any styling products or tools. It was bright orange when I was born then went blonde, and then a reddish-with-sun mid boring brown. I was rather excited when I started getting really white at the temples with a few strands in the rest of it and rather wavy. At last I could just put a dye through without bleaching so I could have just a few strands of pink or purple or aquamarine or red or whatever!

Refuses point blank to take any colour at all in the grey hair. Bah. I don’t want natural colour roots and strands, I want weird colours without bleach!

My mother only really went white in her 80s so I've a while of boredom before then.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 22

It’s a croggy where I come from.

• Haha
Reactions: 20
8 years worth of pics of hair history, available now from the very top of her Twitter

20210329_232323.jpg
20210329_232338.jpg
20210329_232356.jpg

Screenshot_20210329-232952_Twitter.jpg

jack now: hur hur, I've stopped dyeing it
me: when did you start?

• Haha
Reactions: 58
That undercut is so scruffy. Why didn't anyone tell her?

ETA forgot she has no friends, carry on.

• Haha
Maybe Jack can divert the funds from the hair dye to actually pay her rent or bump the food shop up to £25.

• Haha
Tbh we've seen before that she doesn't always dress for the occasion. The face tune looks like she's wearing a mask Hannibal Lecter (sp?) style

I'm seeing my grandparents this week for the first time in 6 months and I'm very excited
It's for smaller hands, my mum used to have a lot of women's garden tools because she was tiny and they were easier for her to use.

Not sure if someone else has mentioned this but I just had a thought about the mysterious blue kitchen. Last time lockdown was slightly lifted she went straight to her "second home".

What if her happy place is... Scotland? 😮
Nope, you would have to be extra stupid to come to Scotland right now. We are not even allowed to go between regions and police are definitely fining people for breaking regulations.

This is Susan/Boudicca/Bunny. She's planted herself on me when Pooh needs a break, haha!
View attachment 505328
@HotesTilaire
1617065663200.png

Here is another baby Boudicca!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Oh, sweetheart!
It's for smaller hands, my mum used to have a lot of women's garden tools because she was tiny and they were easier for her to use.

Nope, you would have to be extra stupid to come to Scotland right now. We are not even allowed to go between regions and police are definitely fining people for breaking regulations.

View attachment 505519

Here is another baby Boudicca!
Oh my goodness!! So pretty like a princess.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Also - the chap about the autism book...he has a Patreon. They ALL have Patreons, don’t they.
Yes! I sometimes feel like I’m the only person in the world without a podcast, or tiktok, or a Patreon. I’m so behind the times, I should really ask people to PayPal me some pity money #Jackstyle ...

hope all well with the ill cabal members, and that @MancBee is recovering well

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.