Jack Monroe #171 Just discovered her and think she’s horrid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Candy floss mop. Deliciously frivolous and enlivening. She's on fire today!

PS Covid test was negative, yay! Still feeling a bit off but we have a hot weekend coming up so I'll be getting as much warmy warm deliciously jolly vegan sunshine as I can.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 74
@MaineCoonMama yay for negative test hope you are feeling better soon
🤢🤢🤢 deliciously boke worthy smarminess ott praise just seems very insincere

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
@MaineCoonMama yay for negative test hope you are feeling better soon
🤢🤢🤢 deliciously boke worthy smarminess ott praise just seems very insincere
It feels patronising, and would not be out of place on those Weirdos of Tinder-style Insta accounts. "I like your hair" = fine, "Your hair is deliciously frivolous and enlivening" = block.

• Haha
Reactions: 51
I don't think Mullets are back in my choice it's most likely lack of hair dressers mixed with needing/ doing a DIY trim.

Is she looking a job at m and s with the seductive flowery words?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Do we think she'd go in disguise (fake moustache, big scarf) or as 'herself' hoping to be noticed and pulled in as an extra special guest?
Nah she’d go as herself (which ever version that day was blessed with) - you can imagine JO would simply be telling all crew ‘don’t engage’ and she’d be tweeting throughout to make it known she was there in the vain, desperate hope they’d acknowledge her (they still wouldn’t).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
Ok - I think I have it figured out. She has put “What Three Words” on one of her many high end phones and has had a play with it.

Also - the chap about the autism book...he has a Patreon. They ALL have Patreons, don’t they. I have two debts of gratitude to this website. The camaraderie and humour, with intelligence and kindness, is second to no other niche corner of the internet. I have also been cured of spunking money on GoFundMe/Patreon etc. They have lost all credibility in my eyes. Even Captain Tom only got a few quid off our family last year because my daughter chipped in!
Re: the autism guy. Is this the one that does all those posts describing completely average day to day quirks that lots of people do and saying neurotypical people will never understand this eg. Used to line my toys up, like my books in alphabetical order, don’t like my beans touching my fried egg type of thing? Jack likes loads of his tweets if this is the same person?

Reactions: 36
I wonder if she's approaching Deadline Day lll for the budget bible.

1st February ❌
1st March ❌

1st April❓

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
Re: the autism guy. Is this the one that does all those posts describing completely average day to day quirks that lots of people do and saying neurotypical people will never understand this eg. Used to line my toys up, like my books in alphabetical order, don’t like my beans touching my fried egg type of thing? Jack likes loads of his tweets if this is the same person?
I only briefly scrolled down and got bored with the re-tweets but it could be. I saw one of a Hogwarts Lego set with a comment about adding detail (which inferred his ND traits make him do) like anybody building an expensive and intricate Lego set would but 🤷🏼‍♀️

Also, the comment Jack made was in relation to someone pulling him up about offering his services when he has only his own, first hand life experience to base his training and talks on, no actual training in the subject he is offering to get paid work for. In my opinion, they have a very valid point. You can be genuine and diagnosed with ND/autism or any other physical or mental trait, but still not be an effective mentor/representative/trainer etc. And you can have magical, engaging and memorable trainers without formal training, but it is quite rare and I would imagine (very tentatively, hope I am not offending!) that an UNTRAINED anxiety ridden, autistic person that can present training to an effective, engaging and high standard would be a rare fish indeed.

I did notice that one of his marginally more popular threads (still under 1k shares/likes) had this at the bottom. Quell bleeping surprise.

Edit - you can see why Jack is a fan on the second attached image.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I only briefly scrolled down and got bored with the re-tweets but it could be. I saw one of a Hogwarts Lego set with a comment about adding detail (which inferred his ND traits make him do) like anybody building an expensive and intricate Lego set would but 🤷🏼‍♀️

Also, the comment Jack made was in relation to someone pulling him up about offering his services when he has only his own, first hand life experience to base his training and talks on, no actual training in the subject he is offering to get paid work for. In my opinion, they have a very valid point. You can be genuine and diagnosed with ND/autism or any other physical or mental trait, but still not be an effective mentor/representative/trainer etc. And you can have magical, engaging and memorable trainers without formal training, but it is quite rare and I would imagine (very tentatively, hope I am not offending!) that an anxiety ridden, autistic person that can present training to an effective, engaging and high standard would be a rare fish indeed.

I did notice that one of his marginally more popular threads (still under 1k shares/likes) had this at the bottom. Quell bleeping surprise.
That was very well said, in relation to people with Autism. The only truly high functioning Autistic young man I know has real problems with eye contact, he will sort of flail his arms around if he gets uncomfortable or has too many other people around him. He's a lovely kid with a decent job, very intelligent and when he's comfortable he can talk your ear off but I can't imagine him in front of one person he doesn't know let alone a roomful, no matter what the subject is.

Reactions: 27
Don’t think this has been posted yet. But there’s no link to tell us how Jackie M has been involved. It’s like we have to guess. View attachment 505118
I don't use Twitter but I did find this post (i'm all up in Jack's niche, searching the name) and was relieved to find it was Southend-centric. Last thing I need tonight at the bank is to be restacking the tinned fruit crates and find Jack lurking behind them urging me to make upside down pineapple and then slapping a name tag on the tin

• Haha
Reactions: 29
That was very well said, in relation to people with Autism. The only truly high functioning Autistic young man I know has real problems with eye contact, he will sort of flail his arms around if he gets uncomfortable or has too many other people around him. He's a lovely kid with a decent job, very intelligent and when he's comfortable he can talk your ear off but I can't imagine him in front of one person he doesn't know let alone a roomful, no matter what the subject is.
My youngest son is autistic and my nearly ten year old is awaiting the results of his assessment. I'm not autistic myself but I've read as much as I can about it and attended umpteen courses to try and learn more. The best one I attended and learned so much at, was led by a lady whose two adult children at two extremes of the spectrum, one high functioning and studying astrophysics and the other barely able to care for himself. The trainer herself found out she was autistic at the age of 40. She was so passionate about helping parents to engage with their children it was awe inspiring and her explanation of sensory processing disorder really helped me to understand my son's issues with clothing and why someone brushing past him could feel like an assault. But it's true not everyone with autism would make a great trainer or teacher just as not every neurotypical person would make a great trainer or teacher. You have to be able to engage your audience and convey your message. Jack's new pal will understand his own issues but that doesn't necessarily qualify him to train others. Hope I've explained my thoughts properly and not offended anyone

• Heart
Reactions: 69
It’s a croggy where I come from.
Are you from South Wales? I call it a croggy as well.

Candy floss mop. Deliciously frivolous and enlivening. She's on fire today!

PS Covid test was negative, yay! Still feeling a bit off but we have a hot weekend coming up so I'll be getting as much warmy warm deliciously jolly vegan sunshine as I can.
The 🤢 was for the jack part. 😁 for the covid negative test.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Did anyone ever get to the bottom of why her foodbank donation was labelled with her name??
Anyway, found this, not sure if someone here linked it but it's a wild ride (old article)

Eta : this too https://web.archive.org/web/2015110...ldnt-believe-what-they-write-about-me-either/

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
My vaccination has made me so tired - complete fatigue. But then I’m always tired and the clocks changed so am I trying to make a chaos where there isn’t one?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.