Jack Monroe #171 Just discovered her and think she’s horrid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Thanks to everyone for the kind words and thoughts, really appreciated.

Op all done in about 4 hours, so a little more complicated that they had anticipated, they said it would be over in an hour. The pain and local anaesthetic are doing their job thank goodness. The general anaesthetic lingered so I had a great night's sleep. Fingers crossed it has been successful. I have had a quick look and it looks brutal, goodness knows how they manage to get such huge bruises in places nowhere near where the operation site is. Onward and upward, need to get home now.

Talking about grey hair, the nurse thought I was a famous chef using a false name. It was a private hospital (I was NHS of course) so it might well have been. I asked her who she though I was and she said Marcus Wareing. I hadn't a clue, so Googled him.

🔺 I had to admit, some of the pictures I really thought were of me! Now either he looks old for his age, or I look very young. I think it is probably a bit of both.

Off for a read of the pages I missed.
🥰 glad to hear you are on the mend & enjoy your grunka

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I can not watch Masterchef because of Gregg. He makes my flesh creep. There's something about him that I feel isn't right. An exposé would not come as a surprise to me.
I totally agree...there is “something of the night” there.
Glad you are doing well Marc, I mean Manc!
BPD/EUPD not fun or glam, I did work with a lady once who told me she had it, after I’d got to know her over a year or two which was quite hard work.
She said it just meant sometimes she’s all friendly and nice and other times she could just grunt and ignore people. I don’t know if that’s the case for anyone else with EUPD but I appreciated her telling me so that if she wasn’t feeling chatty I could just leave her be and not feel I was at fault, or there was a problem.
Let’s face it there are plenty of people who act like that without explanation! She told me that some people are “scared” of her when they find out she has a PD as they assume she’s going to lose it and stab them or she’s a psychopath!?! So she was quite glad I’d even heard of or knew a bit about types of PD.
I do think it’s good as a society that we discuss symptoms, side effects etc I don’t think it’s good that people make their diagnosis their “only” thing.
Or in dear Mackie’s case their “diagnosis selection box” of excuses

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Ok guys. Time again for a polite reminder. This is the Jack Monroe thread, and not a MH discussion thread (one does exist in the site). I know that a lot of you who read here do have valid struggles, but even under spoilers it takes up the thread and not everyone wants to read a lot of off topic discussion / personal stories, etc. Even when she's quiet, it's best to direct a lot of the off topic conversation to the Food and Drink thread, or, even better - explore Tattle where you might find a relevant thread to what you want to discuss. This isn't dismissing anyone's struggles, or what you want to talk about, but bear in mind that this is the Jack thread and we do have to try keep on topic most of the time. I've seen some reports and have received messages - where the feeling is there's too much off topic and that certain topics of discussion can be held elsewhere - and feel this needs to be addressed.

Also remember - I'm not the only mod who reads these threads 😂

• Heart
Reactions: 70
Fucks sake, my hair is bright pink. Do I have to change it now??
And pink hair is a cure for depression? Who knew.

It really annoys me when celebrities say things like that. "I was feeling depressed so I died my hair pink and it has cheered me up". You did not have depression, you were feeling a bit cheesed off, a bit fed up, a bit miserable. Pink hair does not cure depression.

It is comments like this that leads to the minimising peoples perception of the effects of depression. It leads to people saying such comments as "pull yourself together", "go and have a makeover, you'll feel better", "what you need is a nice night out", or "go buy yourself something to cheer yourself up".

ETA sorry @Pocahontas , but my comments are sort of linked to Jack, it was her comment that pink hair somehow cures depression. I wont do it again....promise.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
@MancBee. I have a very different mental image of you now (in a good way).
Have always admired how you write. As an older lesbian some of your posts have a great deal of personal resonance. Especially Jack missing out on being a lesbian/gay rights campaigner.
Back in those days I recall meeting some extremely toxic narcissistic women. Nothing new then or now x
Namaste 🙏

• Heart
Reactions: 33
To bring things back on topic, did anyone see NotJack's latest post? They claim they're living in a hotel?

EDIT: They seem to have been there for the night? Was a very confusing post ... but I doubt they've been living there for ages considering they have a home computer and cook regularly. Plus, I thought hotels were meant to be restricted atm??

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
To bring things back on topic, did anyone see NotJack's latest post? They claim they're living in a hotel?
I didn't read it that way, just that they've stayed in the same hotel whenever they're in Location X for 10 years.

NotJack was also singing the praises of a local takeaway, but didn't name it...hmm.

ETA: That box of avocado pieces and nothing else is sad. Surely vegans can eat bread?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
had mine yesterday and feel so so so terrible. Hoping it will pass soon! Been barfing and everything. Need a chaos to cheer me up.
I had mine this weekend, I was the same. It only lasted 24 hours though, started the evening of the jab, awful the next day, then they day after totally fine just with the residual tiredness. I know a few others who have been the same so what I’m trying to say without sounding me, me, me like Jackie is that if you get the really tit symptoms like throwing up, it seems to be a higher level of tit but for a shorter time and hopefully you’ll be fine tomorrow.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I didn't read it that way, just that they've stayed in the same hotel whenever they're in Location X for 10 years.

NotJack was also singing the praises of a local takeaway, but didn't name it...hmm.
Yeah, when I re-read it I got that impression too! My brain clearly needs a bit more time to reboot today 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12

EDIT: They seem to have been there for the night? Was a very confusing post ... but I doubt they've been living there for ages considering they have a home computer and cook regularly. Plus, I thought hotels were meant to be restricted atm??
I’ve lost NotJack, that’s interesting though. Hotel LJC perhaps...

• Wow
Reactions: 14

Very weird! They say they've been there 10 years?!? How? Are they Madeline?! Lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I was just reading thread 31 and found this gem from Jack...

" You have to understand that my home security is absolutely paramount to me, possibly to the stages of paranoia. I've had two serious stalkers in my lifetime, both situations I was forced to move house several times in rapid succession, once before I had a child, once with a child in tow. I have security cameras around the whole house and never feel entirely safe anywhere. "

1. I thought she had one creepy schoolteacher stalker?
2. If she has security cameras around the house, why didn't they pick up who left the weird soap?
3. Why does she post pictures of her door locks, window locks, open windows, everything about where she lives if security is such a big issue?

My brain hurts.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
I was just reading thread 31 and found this gem from Jack...

" You have to understand that my home security is absolutely paramount to me, possibly to the stages of paranoia. I've had two serious stalkers in my lifetime, both situations I was forced to move house several times in rapid succession, once before I had a child, once with a child in tow. I have security cameras around the whole house and never feel entirely safe anywhere. "

1. I thought she had one creepy schoolteacher stalker?
2. If she has security cameras around the house, why didn't they pick up who left the weird soap?
3. Why does she post pictures of her door locks, window locks, open windows, everything about where she lives if security is such a big issue?

My brain hurts.
Strangely, I've also just been re-reading 31. I must have overlooked this at the time but she says she has fancy scales which link up to her phone. Sentient scales. (to clarify - for weighing herself).

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.