Jack Monroe #171 Just discovered her and think she’s horrid

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That is one adorable dog! I've never seen a dog kick leaves over poo, tbh.

I used to walk my old neighbour's dog and he'd been trained to pick a bush and back into it to poo. Actually embarrassing if we were on a main road and I'd be digging around in the bushes with a bag over my hand trying to find the bumquat he'd left!
Cats dig, tit, cover it up. But cats, dogs, all the same!

Edit: realised username means you know this of course!!

• Haha
Reactions: 25
OT thank for the well wishes everyone! I'm still feeling shite but my wonderful brother put some money in my account so I can get groceries delivered and a takeaway. I'm very grateful to have him and my cabal family keeping me entertained.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Isn’t That Man’s shed more like a barn - him with all his NOT RENTED country estate. Do you think Jack ever turns up on Southend Pier and tries to get into the Friday tapings?

oh, it's massive. and I've actually just realised it's the same shed where the filming was done for the original keep cooking back in lockdown 1. when he and jools were just filming everything on their phones and he looked kinda frantic and sweaty.

you know, the show that jack's name was definitely in the ring for? that she clawed tins to bits for? that she howled into the rag rug for? that provided the genesis of these very threads?

just imagine if she'd been given it...

• Haha
Reactions: 48
My hair is curly but the white ones are smoother and flatter. It takes a while - it has been stuck in Ermine-in-Late-Autumn mode for ages now. But Jack's hair is simultaneously thick and falling out so I am sure she will rock an Ice Queen With Mange look when the time comes.
Mine's the opposite. Fine and straight, with thick grey curls. Definitely needs colouring, not for any nudge hiss erosion (what?) just because I feel like a change.

• Haha
anyway, wrt hair dyeing. I seriously thought we, as a society, had gone beyond the narrative that women dye their hair due to "beauty standards" like who gives a duck anymore??? it's just another version of "a bird in traazers"

I'll admit I do bleach mine myself, it's currently pastel pink. mr kcc (been together 12 years) asked me the other night "so what's your hair like naturally?" my reply was, "dunno 🤷‍♀️. not seen it since I was 12."

anyway, apart from the orange guardian byline horror, last year's silver and the highlights in the (ancient) agent's photo, when the duck had she actually dyed her hair? she certainly hasn't for the last few months, rendering this tit absolute tripe
I do think beauty standards still come into play around covering greys, at least in the workplace. When I had a proper grown up career I had my roots done every 4-6 weeks and hated to have grey roots visible (I am brunette so they stand out).

these days I am unburdened by colleagues and give no fucks, plus greys started to look on trend last year.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
I do think beauty standards still come into play around covering greys, at least in the workplace. When I had a proper grown up career I had my roots done every 4-6 weeks and hated to have grey roots visible (I am brunette so they stand out).

these days I am unburdened by colleagues and give no fucks, plus greys started to look on trend last year.
Depends on the workplace, and your role in it. Clearly, you have the ideal setup now! Even in the fashion industry, designers who create exquisite garments can look like a chimneypot haunted by crows, if they feel like it. They have people to look glamorous for them.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
This is Susan/Boudicca/Bunny. She's planted herself on me when Pooh needs a break, haha!
View attachment 505328
@HotesTilaire
Oh she is just majestic!
Also...I’ve made the Big Jack burger before (hoping this means I’ve officially taken one for team before I was even on it?!) and it was as dry as uncooked cous cous in the Sahara. Why is it she can only make slop or bricks?

PS Hair? Not a problem for this Herr 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40
Oh god, it's Hair Jack. She sowed the seeds for this by mentioning her increased proportion of grey hair after buzzing it pre-Del Monte live, except she revealed she hadn't gone full Britney, she'd just given her very brown hair a wonky undercut. I'd also like to know what the actual duck is nudge-hiss-erosion? She's applied her slop ethos to language - all words are the same, just put them all together.

@HotesTilaire this is what I hoped my cat would do but instead she glares at me from afar while I lay prostrate on the sofa. I say 'do you want to come and sit with me?'. She slowly closes her eyes and turns away. A single tear runs down my cheek as I wonder if six years is too late for a refund from the Cats Protection.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 72
Oh she is just majestic!
Also...I’ve made the Big Jack burger before (hoping this means I’ve officially taken one for team before I was even on it?!) and it was as dry as uncooked cous cous in the Sahara. Why is it she can only make slop or bricks?

PS Hair? Not a problem for this Herr 😂
Slop or bricks, omg! There must be a thread title in there somewhere!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
My best friends car used to bleeping practically claw me into a seat so she could sit on me. She never left me alone. I slept over and always woke up with the dog and cat as sleeping buddies. They were not asked.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Hope you’re recovering well @MancBee and get well soon @MaineCoonMama. @Shawads hope Shawads Jnr has a better night tonight.

I can’t wait to get my hair done. It desperately needs a cut and I’m getting it coloured too, because I want to. With all the stuff going on in the world just now, I don’t understand why she can’t just leave people to do whatever they like to their hair.

Nice to see she’s on the cutting edge of #grombre, finger on the pulse as per 🙄
I had mine done last week for the first time in five months, and it felt amazing. I asked them to cut it slightly shorter than normal so it'll last if we get more restrictions...

There was a girl in there, about 19 or 20, getting a drastic change. She came in with long hair...I watched as the hairdresser hacked off the front of it and shaped it all nicely around her face, like a shaggy indie pixie cut, really gorgeous. I was waiting for him to do the back of her hair, but he put down the scissors and reached for the hairdryer and I realised to my horror that she was getting a full-on mullet. I almost wanted to stage an intervention. Don't take style advice from MacGyver!

Still...better than a reverse rat's tail, at least?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 43
Ok - I think I have it figured out. She has put “What Three Words” on one of her many high end phones and has had a play with it.

Also - the chap about the autism book...he has a Patreon. They ALL have Patreons, don’t they. I have two debts of gratitude to this website. The camaraderie and humour, with intelligence and kindness, is second to no other niche corner of the internet. I have also been cured of spunking money on GoFundMe/Patreon etc. They have lost all credibility in my eyes. Even Captain Tom only got a few quid off our family last year because my daughter chipped in!

• Heart
Reactions: 43
She missed her mate Marcus doing a live Twitter chat earlier. Thank heavens, I couldn’t deal with any more second hand embarrassment.

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Oh god, it's Hair Jack. She sowed the seeds for this by mentioning her increased proportion of grey hair after buzzing it pre-Del Monte live, except she revealed she hadn't gone full Britney, she'd just given her very brown hair a wonky undercut. I'd also like to know what the actual duck is nudge-hiss-erosion? She's applied her slop ethos to language - all words are the same, just put them all together.

@HotesTilaire this is what I hoped my cat would do but instead she glares at me from afar while I lay prostrate on the sofa. I say 'do you want to come and sit with me?'. She slowly closes her eyes and turns away. A single tear runs down my cheek as I wonder if six years is too late for a refund from the Cats Protection.
At the risk of going Jack, I didn’t say the cat would do what I wanted. I’m fully prepared for disdain and/or indifference at the levels you describe 🤣 I’m going to train it to think it’s name is “chop chop little felon”

• Haha
Probably sits behind the filming cordon on the pier eyeing up the cameras like that other smol pixie, Gollum.
Do we think she'd go in disguise (fake moustache, big scarf) or as 'herself' hoping to be noticed and pulled in as an extra special guest?

• Haha
Reactions: 24
She missed her mate Marcus doing a live Twitter chat earlier. Thank heavens, I couldn’t deal with any more second hand embarrassment.
I noticed that too! After he had thanks Tom Kerridge for a gift of at least 300 quids worth of knives and passing his kind thoughts on to a team mate suffering loss, with his usual charm and humility. I genuinely don’t know how Jack can look at his timeline and not howl and claw at the rug or moon or whatever.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.