Jack Monroe #17 The shed is dead, shaved her head, on the beg for a left-hand Smeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Could you as a normal person put up with the kind of crap that spews from her, on a daily basis? Imagine being her partner and trying to figure out what is true, and what isn't.
Goes without saying.
I just wondered if she'd put tit on insta or Twitter about it then deleted...

I once asked JM what foundation she used or was it a filter on her pics as her skin always looks amazing. She jumped right down my throat.
Crikey
What did she say to you xx

• Sad
Reactions: 5
I love these plants. I have one too but we refer it to the Swiss Cheese plant.
Hah, I don't have one now, tiny house, so equally small house plants here, but we had one when I was growing up and we always used to call it the Swiss Cheese plant too

Diana Henry is a God. Her recipes are excellent (Bird in Hand my favourite). And she always comments on my Instagram pics when I try her recipes. Said one thing was the best version she'd seen!
How lovely! She is so good on Instagram. Has replied to a couple of my comments on her pictures before. She seems just so naturally generous with her knowledge and her advice.

And similarly I made Fuchsia Dunlop's Gong Bao chicken the other day and she commented on my photo, with emojis that made me happy all day.

I don’t think she looks well at all in any of these recent photos. Despite her heavily smoothed skin her complexion looks as grey as her hair.
I suppose if we're right and all is not well in the JM household that might explain the not looking too well. I go instantly drawn and consumptive looking (despite rather too much extra padding to be proper 19th century consumptive) as soon as I am emotionally fraught.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Wow, I know that we don’t know what has happened with her relationship (if anything) but this and others smack of ‘look what you’re missing!’ IMO!
Definitely this. On Instagram, the photo is cropped so you can't even see the books, so it's basically: here I am, grinning, in my pants. Strange way to sell a depression-themed cookbook.

To be fair, I spend a lot of time in my pants when I'm depressed but they're not those kind of pants, I would not be grinning and I certainly wouldn't share a photo with hundreds of thousands of people.

She'll be sending herself flowers next. Mark my words.

clueless_galore_mag_128_valentines.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: 15
She's lost so much weight since the DKL. She looked so healthy and happy albeit manic on there. Really feminine and groomed.
A month on and she looks like a heroin addict....weird.
Also: Why does everyone think she's now single????
It's been suspected she may be single as there's been no mention of Louisa for a while. Then 'someone' posted this on Twitter:
D4DA0EA6-76DF-4EEE-9B0C-89199B218BD3.jpeg
But who knows what's real and what isn't in the life of Jack.

Reactions: 6
What is with teeth brushing when you feel wretched? It is the same with me. I know it is to do with constant fatigue and lack of interest in yourself but I also think (in my case) it involves standing in front of a mirror - bleurgh. Same with having a shower - too much chance of catching sight of myself. I have in the past seriously contemplated showering with a towel round me.
I actually am not too bad now but can so easily slip into back into the never getting out of bed phase.
Many sympathies to everyone having a tit time.
Take care fellow Tattlers ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 24
What is with teeth brushing when you feel wretched? It is the same with me. I know it is to do with constant fatigue and lack of interest in yourself but I also think (in my case) it involves standing in front of a mirror - bleurgh. Same with having a shower - too much chance of catching sight of myself. I have in the past seriously contemplated showering with a towel round me.
I actually am not too bad now but can so easily slip into back into the never getting out of bed phase.
Same. I dont like looking in a mirror. Today was the first time id brushed my teeth in 3 days. I need to shower and brush the nest on my head but none of it feels important or worth it. Small steps though, go for the mini wins. Yesterday I had dinner cooked and ready by 10am, preempting the nosedive that comes in the afternoon. Ill focus on another mini win today.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Definitely this. On Instagram, the photo is cropped so you can't even see the books, so it's basically: here I am, grinning, in my pants. Strange way to sell a depression-themed cookbook.
Seeing too as she has not mentioned MH week, makes it all the stranger. weirder

Reactions: 10
I tend to have an aversion to eating and drinking (wine being an exception 🙄) when I'm feeling mentally unwell so for me I find I hate putting anything in my mouth, makes me feel bleurgh 🤢

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
Someone else mentioned they checked the Sali Hughes thread and it made them feel worse. Agreed!!! Love the people on that thread but the current candle scandal (she’s currently selling a candle with a slogan celebrating a known paedophile) is soooooo depressing and all the influencers just seem to be laughing at people who took offence.

This thread is so good for the variety and I must say I miss the watch alongs!

Maybe one day we could have a film or telly party and watch along. It’s so good for company and laughs.

When things get better I’m going to need to dedicate an entire day to go through these threads and get all the tips out (recipes, plants, books, tv, podcasts) and compile it into a little notebook or something.

Then I’ll photocopy it and charge you all for a copy. I’ll expect roughly £50 each plus postage and it’ll take approx. 2 years to get to you. That’s ok isn’t it? Sorry it’s just the post office isn’t inside my house so I’ll have to actually go there. Probably might choose a day when it’s raining which would inexplicably then explain the delay.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
But who knows what's real and what isn't in the life of Jack.
If she is going thru a break-up, although all breakups can be sad/awful, then she will only have herself to blame. No sympathy there. JM embarrassed herself terribly with the THAT MAN thing. I imagine Louisa had to hold her head up pretty high, seeing THAT MAN was on channel 4, the same channel 4 Louisa is at. Then when Quack got the BBC gig, she further embarrassed herself, and probably Louisa as well. Better to scarper while you have your sanity.

My husband called quacks latest photo offering the beg a smeg fridgeless look.

• Haha
I don’t want to derail but this thread has been a massive source of comfort recently. I don’t like to read of other people’s struggles but goodness me it’s comforting to know it’s not just me (I’m not egocentric enough to genuinely think that, but it’s like when you can’t sleep - you’re the ONLY PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD WHO IS AWAKE).

I’m typing this from bed (husband is working downstairs) as I’ve taken a much-needed day off (I am still going into work every day; which I know is a sanity boost in itself) and I’ve got last night’s makeup on, furry teeth, and my uterus is humming the Jaws theme.

Anxiety has pinned me in place. Can’t move. Don’t want to. Frantically checking work emails on my phone and internally flailing and panicking about getting something wrong or doing something bad that inconveniences people somehow. Feeling like a failure and like I want to go fist-first into a jar of Nutella...if I could move, of course.

This too shall pass. I know I’m lucky to still have a job, to be able to legitimately leave the house for work, but it’s still stressful as all hell, demanding, and pressured.

Sorry. As you were. I just needed to get that off my chest rather than whinging to my poor husband again!

• Heart
Reactions: 40
Huge gratitude for all of your support and understanding and honesty. Too many people to mention...for your posts, 👍s and ♥ s. I'm going to go and clean my teeth right now! I'll report back in a bit! X

• Heart
Reactions: 35
@moglits i know just what u mean. Everyone else in real life always seems so together. Maybe it’s all a big front but when you feel bad it’s so hard to understand that.

If you do anything that inconveniences another person that is ok. That’s life. But I bet you haven’t!

If you like trashy podcasts I found one last night called even the rich by wondery. It’s available on Spotify or overcast. First few episodes are about Meghan and Harry and Diana etc. The two hosts are very gentle and funny and cynical enough for it to be interesting. Recommend it if you can’t move and you don’t want to open your eyes but you don’t want to be alone with your thoughts xxxxx

• Heart
*Ahh, so if Louisa has had enough and left I agree with the poster who said her “look at me” selfies and late night bathroom shots are for her benefit.

*Just my opinion Jack.

Reactions: 13
I tend to have an aversion to eating and drinking (wine being an exception 🙄) when I'm feeling mentally unwell so for me I find I hate putting anything in my mouth, makes me feel bleurgh 🤢
Same for me too. It's a horrible feeling.

Oh Jack. Not gonna happen.

View attachment 134813
I don't know who this guy is, maybe I am being very unfair and he is an old family friend, but if not, then so weird to reply to borderline pervy comments from randoms. 'Let's see more of you Jack uh-uh-uh'. Grim.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Everyone is swanning it in life (patent pending). They’re gliding on top and look so graceful, but their feet are peddling rapidly underneath to stay afloat.
Hugs to everyone. Be kind to yourself.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Sorry to bring it back to JM again but she's deleted that photo off twitter, it's still on the gram though.

Seconded about electric toothbrushes, they really do help. Love this group, you are all so friendly and nice 🥰
Totally agree about electric toothbrushes, once you use one you Will never go back! I’d also suggest charcoal toothpaste, I got a really cheap one in pound shop near me an my teeth (as someone who loves red wine and coffee) have never been whiter

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.