Jack Monroe #17 The shed is dead, shaved her head, on the beg for a left-hand Smeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The candle says Ginsberg is God. Ginsberg is one of the beat generation poets - it's been known for some time that he was an active paedophile. The excuse for the candle is that it's a quote from a film so therefore ok.

Typical tone deaf and obnoxious influencer bullshit basically.
Omg this is the rich girl brand! isn’t it Bella Freud who does the cashmere £300 jumpers that say that on? It’s like the staple garm for SE London gentrifiers! I once got into a row with a girl on the tube wearing one of them because she refused to be reasonable with space & remember thinking bleeping standard from one of you lot 🙄

Fancy that! Never knew he was a pedalo thank you for sharing x

Reactions: 13
Oh, and sorry to quote again, but this has reminded me of a gift my ex-husband once got me for my birthday. He was not good at presents. That was one of the least troublesome things about him. Re the photos thing, like you I hate them and there are very few of me extant in the world. However, I did force myself to take a few with my daughter when she was young. My ex decided that based on all he knew of me (sigh), clearly there would be nothing I would love more than for him to take one of those photos, give it to some half-arsed artist he met down the pub and commission a painting of said photo in A2 size. Photo was of me slumped in an armchair, with a wriggly toddler in my lap, unwashed hair, glasses wonky from toddler wrangling, wearing an old grey sweatshirt, double chins a-go-go. His poundshop artist of choice didn't make any effort to gloss over those details. I have never had to work so hard to look appreciative of a present. I kept bursting into tears thinking about it for ages afterwards.

I couldn't ever bear to hang it on a wall though. I kept saying I would do it once we'd redecorated, and left it in a cupboard for years. When we split up, I destroyed the bleeping thing. I have no shame about that at all. It was soul-destroying.
Oh @Flumps I had one of these - not an awful painting of me but a thoughtless present giver who was also thoughtless in many other ways. They sap the joy out of life in so many ways, don't they!

Omg this is the rich girl brand! isn’t it Bella Freud who does the cashmere £300 jumpers that say that on? It’s like the staple garm for SE London gentrifiers! I once got into a row with a girl on the tube wearing one of them because she refused to be reasonable with space & remember thinking bleeping standard from one of you lot 🙄

Fancy that! Never knew he was a weirdo thank you for sharing x
You're welcome and yep that's the one. Absolute catnip for up and coming types!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Mirrors are the worst. Fuckers. I do the same with my other half from time to time. He is, objectively speaking, a very attractive man, think Hugh Laurie as House, and I am not (IMO twisted opinion) a very attractive woman. I feel terrible about worrying about it, with everyone else in the world I absolutely and completely believe it is character and humour that are the most attractive things about a person, and to me everyone I love and like is completely beautiful in their own way, and even if they weren't, I know it's not a marker of anything meaningful, and I would never judge anyone else on it, but damn do I judge myself. I'm not even in love with my partner because he is pretty, though it's annoyingly distracting of him at times, but because of who is he, so why do I beat myself up about not being up to scratch. And I know he gets frustrated, though he's always patient about it, because he couldn't make it clearer how much he loves me, and I get that it must seem dismissive of his feelings not to be able to accept that on a bad day. God, body issues are a tangle aren't they?
They really are, and all-consuming for me. I am an emotional eater and in the last year I’ve put on a lot of weight. Big birthday tomorrow and I didn’t want to be fat and 40 yet here I am...that is one huge crappy stick to beat myself with. I just can’t not be hard on myself, it’s like I don’t know how to.

@Flumps your partner sounds like my hubby, patient and understanding. We deserve that, as does everyone, but for me that would be like admitting I’m deserving of good things. Aaaarrgggghh!

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 17
Oh @Flumps I had one of these - not an awful painting of me but a thoughtless present giver who was also thoughtless in many other ways. They sap the joy out of life in so many ways, don't they!

You're welcome and yep that's the one. Absolute catnip for up and coming types!
I used to work somewhere incredibly cool & trendy where the majority of juniors were on SHOCKING wages, like they had to be heavily subsidised by parents to live there was simply no other way. This was 10 years ago, and I was there for 5, but it never ceased to amaze me how many girls wore that jumper! It’s such a uniform they all have the tiny gold hoops with it & the gold stacking necklaces, maybe some cool girl rings if they’re a bit edgier. Paired with flared Levi’s jeans and then some sort of wedge / kitten heel, now it’d probably be those Veja trainers.

I need to get into that Sali Hughes thread as I think it’ll be right up my street!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Me neither @MancBee....or maybe we are and we let our heads tell us we’re not 🤔❤
Ohhh no, Lenny, I can honestly say I am not photogenic. I am sure that in real life I am not as bad as I look in any photograph I have ever seen of myself (indeed many people have told me so) . I don't know what it is, but I came to terms with it years ago. What do I need photographs of myself for anyway?

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Heya folks, I just wanted to send a message of solidarity to all of you who are going through a difficult time right now.

I don't like to talk about it much but I've had an incredibly tough year which has impacted on my health to the point where I've been medically retired - which is a long and very draining process.

Things are slowly starting to get better, despite this tedious quarantine business so I really do feel for you all. It's so tough at times.

Sorry for going o/t - as you were. You're a great bunch of lads!
Sorry you’ve had such a rough year. I can imagine the Rona has not helped any. It’s amazing how this thread is such a great distraction. Sending you love ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Ohhh no, Lenny, I can honestly say I am not photogenic. I am sure that in real life I am not as bad as I look on any photograph I have ever seen of myself. I don't know what it is, but I came to terms with it years ago. What do I need photographs of myself for anyway?
I'm not photogenic either, and when I am having a good day I tell myself that's because I have a face that expresses every fleeting emotion that passes across it (am also HILARIOUSLY bad liar and a liability in difficult face to face meetings) so I am more likely to be captured doing something weird with my face when photos are taken. Also, smiling when being told to smile, rather than actually smiling is a skill I do not possess. The couple of photos of me I've ever seen that I've liked have been taken when someone I love has caught me as they made me genuinely laugh or smile, rather than anything posed. Apparently taking good photos is a skill (though that's according to my naturally beautiful sister) but I have no desire to practise enough to get good at it.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
I know I shouldn’t laugh but I did at “a candle celebrating a known pedophile” - wait, what? What does it say?! Which one of Hollywood’s roster did she pick?
Sorry to hijack JM for SH, but I am incensed by this candle tit. It’s triggering, so apologies in advance.

So, she’s added the Bella Freud Ginsberg is God candle to her not-selling-very-well Beauty Box (£130 to you, kerrching). Just because Kate Moss once wore the matching jumper (£310!), so it’s obviously “cool” 🙄. I was going to link to an image of it but neither BF nor SH needs the views).

Allen Ginsberg, Beat Poet, was a defender and member of NAMBLA, the North American Man Boy Live Association, a pro-paedophilia organisation. This candle has been available for about 6 years, and there has been plenty of time to (a) respond to the many people who’ve brought the appalling association to her attention and thus (b) lol into it herself, as a journalist focussed on “deep research”. She has done neither, responding to the latest comments with “it’s just a name” — can you imagine the reaction if it was “Saville is god” 😱

Then yesterday Lauren (Sali’s lackey) and Sam Chapman (Pixiwoo) were laughing on Instagram at the people who were rightly offended by the candle. All the beauty people have closed ranks (publicly at least) and for some reason no fucker anywhere is making a fuss about this. 😡🤬😡

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
She doesn’t seem to be wearing an engagement ring anymore? I had a quick flick through insta photos and it’s there in her ‘dressed up’ photos but doesn’t seem to be in her thirsty photos...but I guess maybe she doesn’t wear it all the time/in the heat/when trying to catch another rich fiancée?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
I used to work somewhere incredibly cool & trendy where the majority of juniors were on SHOCKING wages, like they had to be heavily subsidised by parents to live there was simply no other way. This was 10 years ago, and I was there for 5, but it never ceased to amaze me how many girls wore that jumper! It’s such a uniform they all have the tiny gold hoops with it & the gold stacking necklaces, maybe some cool girl rings if they’re a bit edgier. Paired with flared Levi’s jeans and then some sort of

wedge / kitten heel, now it’d probably be those Veja trainers.

I need to get into that Sali Hughes thread as I think it’ll be right up my street!

You'll love the Salli thread. It's that middle class media, born with it, arseholes. The Brighton/Muswell hill gangs. So down to earth because they don't live in SE1. But they're as elitist and incestious as the toffs. Salli if full of the'This isn't just any botox it's baby dilute fro a £900 an hour harley street doctor. So I don't have to declare', bullshit.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Hi everyone, I’ve been following the JM saga for a while now, and it’s such a relief to know that other people see through her crap! I too fell for her “inspirational” story, but slowly realised that she would often contradict previous tales of woe or deny them altogether. Anyway, Louisa posted on Instagram this morning. Interesting!
Ambiguous, maybe deliberately. It could either refer to the end of lockdown and things getting back to normal, or her first salvo. Hopefully the former, break up bickering over social media is pathetic.

Reactions: 6
This thread (obvs), FOD and Sali Hughes are my go to threads (although I only really interact here as I love my inspirational fraus so much). The need to control the narrative and then getting so defensive when called out is very similar between them all. The Sali thing, for me, is particularly toxic though as it goes to the core of female insecurity around aging, perception, identity etc and being influenced into chasing unobtainable results.
The Ginsberg thing is bizarre - he was a member of and advocate for NAMBLA 🤢 but, y’know, Kate Moss wore that jumper so whatevs 🤷🏻‍♀️. Maybes she would think differently about popping a Jim’ll Fix It badge in her next £130 curated beauty box (unless Bella Freud sticks one on a jumper first).

I think a few of us have touched on this but the idea that we were touched by/rooting for JM on account of the ‘tragic’ backstory makes sense... I think we’re all particularly empathetic and sensitive but then also feel it quite acutely when we feel we’ve been deceived. I’m passionate about social justice and fair treatment and it’s horrible to feel played but even worse when people more vulnerable are still being exploited. I totally agree that a much more powerful message would be for JM to stop the poverty cosplay (thanks @heretoreaditall2019, that’s a magnificent description!) and embrace a more honest and inspirational ‘this is what I did, this is who helped me’ message but obvs the ego won’t allow for that.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Ambiguous, maybe deliberately. It could either refer to the end of lockdown and things getting back to normal, or her first salvo. Hopefully the former, break up bickering over social media is pathetic.
SALVO. Whats a great word to sum it up

Reactions: 3
@Jelly Bean I have taken about three selfies in my life and the saddest thing is, there aren’t that many photos of me and my son because of how I feel about myself. Brutal.

I find this thread so therapeutic. Thank you all for being so open ❤
@LennyBriscoe i can totally identify with this, I hate pics of myself. I read that thing on Facebook that was doing the rounds about a Mum realising she wasn’t in pics, then didn’t think further about it. Not until I realised I have 1 pics of me as a Teenager (none after) of myself and my own Mum, as she died when I was 20. I really felt quite upset. So now I make sure I take pics with the kids, and try really hard noT to say anything negative about myself in front of them. My daughter loves being in pics with me and I realised I was doing it for her rather than myself x

• Heart
Reactions: 15
She doesn’t seem to be wearing an engagement ring anymore? I had a quick flick through insta photos and it’s there in her ‘dressed up’ photos but doesn’t seem to be in her thirsty photos...but I guess maybe she doesn’t wear it all the time/in the heat/when trying to catch another rich fiancée?
Probably in the engagement ring box she has. *Snorkle*

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I went out into my garden earlier and discovered that my new #gifted peony has broken out the big guns. It was hugely cheering (I am having v low key stress, nothing serious at all, re making all good for my mum’s birthday tomorrow) and I thought some of you witches might enjoy them too. x

Attachments

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.