Jack Monroe #17 The shed is dead, shaved her head, on the beg for a left-hand Smeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it going to be like that scene from Forrest Gump but instead of Bubba suggesting shrimp we’ll have Jack listing off all the things to make with mayo?

“Mayo soup, mayo curry, mayo lasagne, mayo sandwich, mayo stew...”

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This has really tickled me for some reason. “Ugh, there’s too much flavour in this dish. What’s a gal got to do to get a spice-less, herb-less recipe around here?”

3C4342A0-137E-4397-A634-E02155D81600.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Is it going to be like that scene from Forrest Gump but instead of Bubba suggesting shrimp we’ll have Jack listing off all the things to make with mayo?

“Mayo soup, mayo curry, mayo lasagne, mayo sandwich, mayo stew...”
Oh my GOD 😂 I fear this will be spot on. I'm a bit funny with mayo, I don't know if I'll be able to stomach watching this. Sad.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Something has never sat right with me about him but these posts have opened my eyes a bit. Wonder if someone else wrote his bit in Jack's book?
The chat about him belittling people who have bought his books (and asked about sections he cannot remember at all!!) Doesn't surprise me. Like Jack, he loves the Twitter adoration, wants to be considered a wise oracle, yet doesn't seem to like dealing with the people who have helped him achieve his status.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Oh jesus on a pogo stick, that IG video is terrible! The rictus grin followed by her face falling as she reaches for the stop button. Edit, Jack, edit!

I also find this photo really unsettling. Her smile is mirthless and she looks like she's Tippexed the whites of her eyes. It kind of reminds me of one of those memento mori paintings where a skull = death and flowers = life.

Screenshot 2020-05-22 at 18.15.43.png
1590168441787.png

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
The chat about him belittling people who have bought his books (and asked about sections he cannot remember at all!!) Doesn't surprise me. Like Jack, he loves the Twitter adoration, wants to be considered a wise oracle, yet doesn't seem to like dealing with the people who have helped him achieve his status.
Matt is like JM, in that the only opinion that counts is his own. He also plays the perennial victim card constantly. All these blue ticks woth 5 mins of adversity think they are the authority on the subject.
It’s so sanctimonious.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
She even has to check the autocue at the start to remind herself of her name 🤣 I mean, that's basic information isn't it?! It's not like it's live TV.... Just reshoot the video if you duck it up, rather than upload that stilted performance 🙄
She looks really undernourished
Well I suppose if you’ve used as many different names as she has, a reminder of your current one could be useful.

Can you bung mayonnaise in a curry?
Yes absolutely! x
😕

I follow quite a few chefs and food writers on Insta and most of them have been doing recipes and cookalongs since lockdown started. Why on earth has it taken Jack so long when, as she kept reminding us, THIS IS HER THING.
I’m not sure I’ll be watching anyway, she just makes me cringe too much.
p.s. if anyone is looking for ideas on what to do with leftovers, this book (see link) is brilliant - I bought it at the start of lockdown. So many great ideas, ordered A-Z by ingredient.

Last edited:
Oh my GOD 😂 I fear this will be spot on. I'm a bit funny with mayo, I don't know if I'll be able to stomach watching this. Sad.
Same. I hate mayo. I can detect even the tiniest bit in a sandwich and it makes me heave. Such a shame I won’t get any recipe inspiration from this.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What's the goss re Matt Haig? I've not had anymore than a passing thought about him but he seems to illicit strong feelings in others.

@LennyBriscoe happy birthday!
He has a not very active thread on here and now apparently he doesn’t write his own books

Reactions: 4
Still, I hope she’s sorted out the camp stove issue (fire risk, carbon monoxide etc).
I seem to recall that in one pic she posted of the shed, it looked like there was a fridge in there - we were debating at the time whether she had plugged it in at the main house with an extension lead.

Reactions: 3
🎂🍰Happy Birthday Lenny, hope it's been good so far. Difficult but not impossible to have a great day during lockdown. Enjoy what's left of the day.

• Heart
Reactions: 3
I follow quite a few chefs and food writers on Insta and most of them have been doing recipes and cookalongs since lockdown started. Why on earth has it taken Jack so long when, as she kept reminding us, THIS IS HER THING.
Are any other cookalongs sponsored? Feels like hers has taken so long as she's been trying to get money through sponsorship.

I watched that clip on her Instagram. She's a truly awful presenter. I feel nervous and on edge now and that was but a short glimpse.

• Haha
I loooooove mayo, intrigued to see what she comes up with, in her own inimitable style. 😬

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.