Jack Monroe #17 The shed is dead, shaved her head, on the beg for a left-hand Smeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Don’t forget the marmite for the popcorn.
I'd rather bite my toenails than own a jar of marmite. ;)

Are any other cookalongs sponsored? Feels like hers has taken so long as she's been trying to get money through sponsorship.

I watched that clip on her Instagram. She's a truly awful presenter. I feel nervous and on edge now and that was but a short glimpse.
Snap

I loooooove mayo, intrigued to see what she comes up with, in her own inimitable style. 😬
Lets me think, poached, but not poached eggs, with ramen noodles and frozen veg, all bunged into a pot with interchangeable herbs (basil, coriander, sage or whatever, including saffron, ooh fancy) . Drain and season with a squeeze of bottled lemon, some pepper and a good pasting of mayo. Prep your butts people, leftover larder is going to give you the major squits.

I really now have a case of the giggles

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 9
Oh jesus on a pogo stick, that IG video is terrible! The rictus grin followed by her face falling as she reaches for the stop button. Edit, Jack, edit!

I also find this photo really unsettling. Her smile is mirthless and she looks like she's Tippexed the whites of her eyes. It kind of reminds me of one of those memento mori paintings where a skull = death and flowers = life.

View attachment 135853View attachment 135854
Creepy - reminds me of that movie Night of the Living Dead for some reason. The smile never reaches the eyes.

Reactions: 2
Laughing at everyone feeling so uneasy watching her trailer, that was 100 times better than DK 😂.....yet still really dreadful!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
She says that she will be joined by Miguel. Let's hope it's a virtual "join". She is immunocompromised isn't she? Inviting someone from outside of your family to join you in your shed is definitely to be avoided, even at 2m distance.
As someone who is immunocompromised, it would scare me shitless.

Reactions: 5
Miguel Barclay has a book out later in the year, based around "one pound" store cupboard meals. Surely not stealing someone's niche/life's work..? 🤔

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Oh jesus on a pogo stick, that IG video is terrible! The rictus grin followed by her face falling as she reaches for the stop button. Edit, Jack, edit!

I also find this photo really unsettling. Her smile is mirthless and she looks like she's Tippexed the white of her eyes. It kind of reminds me of one of those memento mori paintings where a skull = death and flowers = life.

View attachment 135853View attachment 135854

Reluctant as we all are to talk about appearance, what did strike me about that picture is the tense right fist and forearm in a supposedly happy moment.

Flowers.jpg

Regarding her eyes, I always thought they were her most striking feature when she had that fresh-faced and relaxed pre-Tatt sleeve appeal.

P.S. Upon searching for this picture, I came across this. Was this her inspiration? Just thought it interesting with regard to her 'Superman' stance on DKL.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Just caught up 😅 I found Tattle months ago, and loved a bit of the MOD and FOD threads, any mumfluencers and their ilk. Jack Monroe I had thought was down with the people, proper, been through the mill, salt of the earth type. Not once did I twitch about anything she said. When I saw she had a busy thread on here, I thought surely not! Farckingell! The wool has well and truly been pulled from my eyes and knitted into a piece of tat for my she-shed.

This is why we’re here. We know. We know about crappy times. We variously understand her many alleged illnesses, we know depression and poverty and EDs, autism, being alone, trying our best, and we just know about struggling in all of its many forms. That’s why we’re so angry. We were all pretty much all rooting for her at one time or another, because we thought we were her and she was us. It’s like a betrayal! Whatever she ever ever EVER says about anything written on here, she absolutely cannot deny that she has lied and manipulated and used people for her own advancement. That, to me, is completely uncontested. I can say truly, hand on heart, I’m an extremely diplomatic person. I question things, see if there’s a fair explanation, I don’t rush to criticise for the sake of it, I don’t even gain much pleasure from it really. There’s no way on earth that what Jack has said about her health can all be true. What she says about her finances cannot be true for the entire duration (I'm sure she’s been skint once) . The way she treats her kid is bloody awful, and she just lies and lies and seeks attention. She’s a twisted narcissist and she can piss off with her talk of feet on necks. Mate, your foots on your own neck!
This, absolutely.
I've been off line for a little while, having two busted knuckles after losing a fight with a cat but have since had a commission to make a big mosaic for a new local business. Snipping tesserae has been challenging but I've nearly finished it.
I was keeping a list of Cack's alleged illnesses and this is what I have so far:
ADHD
Alcoholism
Anaphylaxis
Anxiety
Anorexia
Arthritis
Asthma
Autism
Broke 46 bones in her foot
Concussion
Depression
Ehlers-Danos Syndrome
Hair loss
Heart problems
Immuno compromised
Mouth ulcers
Panic attacks
Poor mental health
PTSD
Sexual abuse
Sprained shoulder
Trauma
Weakened knees (fell under a train)
Whiplash

I expect that there are more ..

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I made up my own recipe, thank you for yours but I have eerie memories of buttermilk. I used 480 g bread flour, 60 ml of olive oil, 15 g of fresh yeast, 10 g of salt, 20 g of semolina, 200 g of drained grated courgette, 250 ml water, 40 g of cheddar cut in chunks an 15 g of cut rosemary.

Reluctant as we all are to talk about appearance, what did strike me about that picture is the tense right fist and forearm in a supposedly happy moment.

View attachment 135862

Regarding her eyes, I always thought they were her most striking feature when she had that fresh-faced and relaxed pre-Tatt sleeve appeal.

P.S. Upon searching for this picture, I came across this. Was this her inspiration? Just thought it interesting with regard to her 'Superman' stance on DKL.

You are a legend.

This, absolutely.
I've been off line for a little while, having two busted knuckles after losing a fight with a cat but have since had a commission to make a big mosaic for a new local business. Snipping tesserae has been challenging but I've nearly finished it.
I was keeping a list of Cack's alleged illnesses and this is what I have so far:
ADHD
Alcoholism
Anaphylaxis
Anxiety
Anorexia
Arthritis
Asthma
Autism
Concussion
Depression
Ehlers-Danos Syndrome
Hair loss
Heart problems
Immuno compromised
Mouth ulcers
Panic attacks
Poor mental health
PTSD
Sexual abuse
Sprained shoulder
Trauma
Whiplash

I am not going to laugh.

• Haha
Reactions: 4
This, absolutely.
ADHD
Alcoholism
Anaphylaxis
Anxiety
Anorexia
Arthritis
Asthma
Autism
Concussion
Depression
Ehlers-Danos Syndrome
Hair loss
Heart problems
Immuno compromised
Mouth ulcers
Panic attacks
Poor mental health
PTSD
Sexual abuse
Sprained shoulder
Trauma
Whiplash

The list reminds me of medication leaflets where every possible side effect has to be listed, just in case

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I kept my shoes on the wrong feet all day because my husband said if I put them on the correct feet it would be 7 years bad luck. To the lady in Sainsburys who laughed at me, you have a fat arse and your kids are ugly.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
You can see her reading the script throughout that Insta video. Dearie me, she needs to sort that out.
Also, the Hellman’s product placement is not subtle, is it. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 8
You can see her reading the script throughout that Insta video. Dearie me, she needs to sort that out.
Also, the Hellman’s product placement is not subtle, is it. 😂
Car crash TV. Except on Instagram.

Did anyone ever compile the list of our Jack's jobs (I like a list I do)?
Probably, the only thing she hasn't done is Prime Minister. Snorkle.

The list reminds me of medication leaflets where every possible side effect has to be listed, just in case
Hesitant to really say anything but that was a role that I did.

Reactions: 4
Car crash TV. Except on Instagram.

Probably, the only thing she hasn't done is Prime Minister. Snorkle.
In no particular order (and only what I can recall from public posts m'lud):
Chip shop worker
Call handler for Essex Fire and Rescue Service
Sex worker
Chef
Author
Poet/Singer
Politician (potentially)
Reporter
Journalist
Political activist
Sunday school teacher
TV presenter

Reactions: 3
In no particular order (and only what I can recall from public posts m'lud):
Chip shop worker
Call handler for Essex Fire and Rescue Service
Sex worker
Chef
Author
Poet/Singer
Politician (potentially)
Reporter
Journalist
Political activist
Self defense teacher
Sunday school teacher
TV presenter

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.