Jack Monroe #17 The shed is dead, shaved her head, on the beg for a left-hand Smeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Gram flour is chickpea flour. We use it all the time. (coeliac husband). It's great and very useful in many recipes. Look up socca. It's yummy.
I thought gram flour was slightly different from chickpea (garbanzo) flour. In my weird little head gram flour is made from shelled and split brown chickpeas (chana dal) and garbanzo flour is make from the kind of chickpeas that you would use to make hummus. I may have got that wrong though.

In Indian recipes when gram, besan or chickpea flour is specified I pretty much always use gram flour as it's what I generally have.

Reactions: 3
Its good to see mentions of C-PTSD; its often misdiagnosed as BPD, though understandably similar in ways.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I just had a look at her twitter and the clear power imbalance just struck me anew! She's on there getting 1.5k likes or whatever for a pic of her with some flowers, she has people in her mentions who would, like, DIE FOR HER it seems, and yet she wants to focus on some random internet site because she can't stand the thought a few people can see through her. It's ridiculous and not our problem!!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Feeling a bit drained so here are some bullet point thoughts:

- Jack is very good at manipulating people's emotions. Please don't forget that.
- It's interesting that Jack is acting in ways that makes others concerned about her mental health days before she has a book about her mental health coming out.
- If Jack stopped lying this thread would dry up quickly. Yes her food is grim, but that in itself wouldn't be enough to keep the conversation going.
- Jack has three mental health professionals on speed dial and a loving family. Most of us can only dream of that level of support.
She also seems to have a very positive relationship with her son's father, which is really good.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
she really needs to stop with the photo filters, her face is smoother than a baby’s, it’s too much!

edited to say: do you think she whitens her teeth too, they’re glowing. I wish she’d join in with the toothbrush talk!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
she really needs to stop with the photo filters, her face is smoother than a baby’s, it’s too much!

edited to say: do you think she whitens her teeth too, they’re glowing. I wish she’d join in with the toothbrush talk!
I'm more worried about the fact that she has managed to make peonies. one of my favourite flowers, look so unattractive!
Too much time spent adjusting her own face to the detriment of these beautiful flowers (just my opinion, naturally, I'm aware how touchy she can be about any opinion about plants or animals ……...:ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
The teensy plait wrapped around her head makes it look like she’s wearing a nylon hairnet. I keep doing double takes.

• Haha

I thought this before I read your edit! Drop the toothpaste brand pls, get involved in our tooth chat 😂

Remember the aff link though sweetie, eyes on the prize 💰

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Gram flour is chickpea flour. We use it all the time. (coeliac husband). It's great and very useful in many recipes. Look up socca. It's yummy.
Honestly I’d just go with the gram flour. In the uk I’d imagine were limited to the types of chickpea flour readily available. You could chuck for dry chickpeas in the blender and bobs your uncle. But in terms of Nadia’s recipes the gram would be fine.
@Hunty yes chickpea flour is gram flour 🙂
Thank you , I knew you were the ones to ask, should not have asked Google, that really hurt my head 🤦🏻‍♀️😂

I thought gram flour was slightly different from chickpea (garbanzo) flour. In my weird little head gram flour is made from shelled and split brown chickpeas (chana dal) and garbanzo flour is make from the kind of chickpeas that you would use to make hummus. I may have got that wrong though.

In Indian recipes when gram, besan or chickpea flour is specified I pretty much always use gram flour as it's what I generally have.
This is pretty much what the link I shared in my post said, I think, which is why I got so confused in the first place, so I started looking for chickpea flour substitutes and Google was throwing all kinds at me, most of the recipes I have seen it in, use it more as a binder than it being the main ingredient, as an example one of nadiyas recipes was falafel and she used it sprinkled over the mix to bring it together, I'm not planning on making cakes at this stage with it lol

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
4am starts for admin? Because she furloughed her administrator? So that would mean it’s a perfect time to bring her back wouldn’t it Jack surely....

Cant have a positive post without a bit of woe is me in it can we now.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
The poor lad has been pulled from house to house, school to school his whole life. He's probably just happy to be in one place. She's mentioned before they have to catch a train for school too, so he's probably enjoying a bit of extra sleep

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.