Jack Monroe #17 The shed is dead, shaved her head, on the beg for a left-hand Smeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me too!

What do we think Jack thinks of the kindness and support on here? Indifferent to it, ignores it, or annoys her that it doesn't fit the view she really wants to hold of us? 🤔
I think the latter. And in addition to that, if we’re supporting each other then we’re not talking about her. No wonder she hates us...

• Heart
Reactions: 13
You sound like you’re doing well (fellow C-PTSD sufferer here ❤), adjusting is hard work but your self awareness & taking responsibility for your own MH shows that it’s paying off - even if it doesn’t feel that way at times. I hope Jack reads your comment and takes it to heart because she could really benefit from taking this advice and challenging her victim-complex mindset. I’m certain she is referring to Tattle as she is block-happy on Twitter but can do nothing about these threads, which is all the more reason for her not to come here!
Yes, I am well! I love my life. I love life! It's cheesy, but I've come through very dark times and now I want my time in the sun AND I truly believe I deserve it.
I believe we all deserve it, including JM. But I suspect she doesn't belong it, hence her anger, lashing out, being rude and controlling. That she's rubbish at cooking is just a coincidence. And that she's only vegan for 19 minutes out of the day is a choice she can make, though I wish she'd stop going on about it. #butterintea #howmanyeggs #isitveganifthehorsecame

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I suffer from complex PTSD and I used to have all sorts of triggers.
You sound like you’re doing well (fellow C-PTSD sufferer here ❤), adjusting is hard work but your self awareness & taking responsibility for your own MH shows that it’s paying off - even if it doesn’t feel that way at times.
Same babes. C-PTSD here too as I'm sure I have gone on about before. I haven't, to my knowledge, met anyone in that there real life with the same condition. Wouldn't wish a single second of it on anyone, but it's oddly nice to know you're out there. We should get badges. xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Same babes. C-PTSD here too as I'm sure I have gone on about before. I haven't, to my knowledge, met anyone in that there real life with the same condition. Wouldn't wish a single second of it on anyone, but it's oddly nice to know you're out there. We should get badges. xxx
We're more special than the regular PTSDers (JM would say).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
Feeling a bit drained so here are some bullet point thoughts:

- Jack is very good at manipulating people's emotions. Please don't forget that.
- It's interesting that Jack is acting in ways that makes others concerned about her mental health days before she has a book about her mental health coming out.
- If Jack stopped lying this thread would dry up quickly. Yes her food is grim, but that in itself wouldn't be enough to keep the conversation going.
- Jack has three mental health professionals on speed dial and a loving family. Most of us can only dream of that level of support.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I’ve never met someone else with it either, and I get what you mean about it being oddly nice to know others - until diagnosis I thought I was all alone in the world. Badges would be very useful! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Referring to your parter as 'Mrs J' is bad in so many ways - it's like reducing them to just part of you, taking away their personhood and basically saying they are 'less than'.

I hate it when people do it to their kids - treat them as appendages and mini-mes.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I’ve never met someone else with it either, and I get what you mean about it being oddly nice to know others - until diagnosis I thought I was all alone in the world. Badges would be very useful! ❤
Or maybe a special haircut? Reverse rats tail?

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Evening Hausfrau 😊

I have a cookery question for you knowledgeable bunch, I've been looking at various recipes recently and book marking lots I'd like to try and each time I go shopping I add a few of the new ingredients to the list so I don't make the shopping list crazy expensive in one go 😂 today I was looking for chickpea flour, I keep seeing it mentioned in some of Nadiyas recipes and I have now seen it in a few recipes I have book marked from various places, now where I live there is no speciality food stores, just standard supermarkets and a few Polish ones , googling it, I have found varying degrease of confusing information in my quest to possibly find a substitute for chickpea flour, is gram flour the same, some places say yes, some say no, sainsburys did have a big bag of gram flour today (which is where my googling substitutes came in and then I read this https://www.veganricha.com/difference-between-besan-and-chickpea-flour/ which left me scratching my poor noggin) but I didnt want to buy incase it's not right 🤷🏻‍♀️ help me hausfrau...

• Heart
Reactions: 2
You guys ❤. Yes I think it's interesting that Jack's got all the help with her mental health and yet keeps repeating the same behaviours regardless, and tries to demonise people on here when she could actually probably benefit from being as honest and open as you are on this terrible anonymous troll farm. I'm no psychologist but there's something about the way she blames other people - people more relatable than her - who are open to being vulnerable, while she puts up walls instead. There I go, totally doing the opposite of what I said in my previous post about keeping things 'professional', I blame the gin but also just the bravery of you tattlers for talking about things so honestly.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 16
Or maybe a special haircut? Reverse rats tail?
Is the trauma not enough? :ROFLMAO:

Referring to your parter as 'Mrs J' is bad in so many ways - it's like reducing them to just part of you, taking away their personhood and basically saying they are 'less than'.

I hate it when people do it to their kids - treat them as appendages and mini-mes.
I think it’s standard narcissist behaviour to do this - it’s their world and you’re simply living in it, so they define you in relation to them

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Evening Hausfrau 😊

I have a cookery question for you knowledgeable bunch, I've been looking at various recipes recently and book marking lots I'd like to try and each time I go shopping I add a few of the new ingredients to the list so I don't make the shopping list crazy expensive in one go 😂 today I was looking for chickpea flour, I keep seeing it mentioned in some of Nadiyas recipes and I have now seen it in a few recipes I have book marked from various places, now where I live there is no speciality food stores, just standard supermarkets and a few Polish ones , googling it, I have found varying degrease of confusing information in my quest to possibly find a substitute for chickpea flour, is gram flour the same, some places say yes, some say no, sainsburys did have a big bag of gram flour today (which is where my googling substitutes came in and then I read this https://www.veganricha.com/difference-between-besan-and-chickpea-flour/ which left me scratching my poor noggin) but I didnt want to buy incase it's not right 🤷🏻‍♀️ help me hausfrau...
Gram flour is chickpea flour. We use it all the time. (coeliac husband). It's great and very useful in many recipes. Look up socca. It's yummy.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Evening Hausfrau 😊

Honestly I’d just go with the gram flour. In the uk I’d imagine were limited to the types of chickpea flour readily available. You could chuck for dry chickpeas in the blender and bobs your uncle. But in terms of Nadia’s recipes the gram would be fine.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I'm a lurker and you've all said what I think pretty much about her (I've also enjoyed the tips, my basil is flourishing now!)
But I wanted to say my piece after looking at her twitter briefly, like a poster said above I believe she is very manipulative-her posts are always so emotive and hyperbolic that I can't help but feel she is desperately attention seeking, I don't know if she realises she's doing it but with a little introspective reflection she could easily work this out and curb it. She's exhausting! I felt exhausted by her just glancing at her twitter, can you imagine having to live with her?!?!
Why can't she just keep her head down and work hard, why does she have to cultivate such drama around herself.
It's nothing to do with mental health issues, I know lots of people with varying mental health issues and are capable hard working people who don't drain those around them.
She just irks me, her whole personality.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.