Jack Monroe #17 The shed is dead, shaved her head, on the beg for a left-hand Smeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That was bang out of order of her.
She did it a few times. Someone had a question for Matt, and she replied for him, saying he wasn't online. If that would have been me (I am not on Twatter btw) I would have told her to mind her bleeping manners as I wasn't asking her.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I feel uncomfortable posting here now. I’m worried about her mental health as she’s obviously going through something.

I know that she should not be reading here. It’s the equivalent of her eavesdropping at your door whilst you sit at home watching DKL and discussing it with your family.

However, she is reading here and that makes me feel really conflicted.

edited to add: this isn’t me flouncing off to ‘take a social media break’ or whatever. I just wondered if anyone else felt the same. Not guilty exactly but uncomfortable as if she’s invading a private discussion.
Nahhhhh . She's a head.
We're in the middle of a global pandemic.
Yet it's all about HER...her poverty, her depression, her disabilities, her transgenderness, her failed veganism, her Uber feminity, her 3 failed engagements, her lack of a Smeg, her horse spunk lasagne, her life being so unfair.

The levels of ego , sense of self entitlement are just fascinating to me

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Hmm...there are a couple of people from here who have tweeted her. And I agree, it’s a step too far. Are people from Tattle still doing it?

I think she’s an extremely dramatic person, thrives off drama and lives for the hyperbolic, and I feel I’ve been fooled by her more than once. Yet I don’t think we need to rub her face in Tattle by contacting her direct. She knows we’re here.
Tweeting publicly is completely different to sending a DM to her, IMO. If you post on Tattle I still think it’s perfectly acceptable to tweet the person you discuss, if it’s in relation to a book/tv show/ article they have created and publicly posted about. I think by saying tweeting her is a “step too far” it then becomes censorship. I do not believe anyone from on here would Tweet something unpleasant or threatening

• Heart
Reactions: 12
She did it a few times. Someone had a question for Matt, and she replied for him, saying he wasn't online. If that would have been me (I am not on Twatter btw) I would have told her to mind her bleeping manners as I wasn't asking her.
she was watching the DK hashtag like a hawk, replying to all sorts that wasn’t directed to her.
My tweet to DK during the first few days was negative I admit, but it was about the show, which in fairness was a car crash and badly thought out. Remember the tech issues? I can’t cope with the second hand embarrassment even now. I didn’t agree with how she got the job, clearly that’s why we’re all here in the first place and let’s not forget she was supposed to be immune compromised!! I didn’t tag Jack because I’m not a mean girl but it didn’t stop her and her fans attacking me. I didn’t tweet JM or DK again, just liked tweets defending Matt from the abuse he was getting from her fans.

• Wow
Reactions: 25
The Inspiration category (where Jack is nominated) is the only one without judges notes. It would be interesting to know what inspiration they think she provides. tit food for poor people? It’s insulting really.

http://www.gfw.co.uk/2020/awards-2020-finalists-judges-comments/

But oh my such lovely books in there. I want the vinegar one 🤤
1590133356423.png

negative I admit, but it was about the show, which in fairness was a car crash and badly thought out.
All within your right to be critical. If I would have been on Twitter I would have tweeted the DK far, far worse. Snorkle. Especially when the horse spunked lasagna and that dreadful-looking traybake cake that looked like my paving stones out the back.

I’m not a mean girl
You are an absolutely lovely sweetheart of a girl. Never forget that. xx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
View attachment 135522

All within your right to be critical. If I would have been on Twitter I would have tweeted the DK far, far worse. Snorkle. Especially when the horse spunked lasagna and that dreadful-looking traybake cake that looked like my paving stones out the back.

You are an absolutely lovely sweetheart of a girl. Never forget that. xx
thank you @Bellybutton lint , thanks for keeping me hooting!
that white sauce though, I’ll never foget when she said “once you make it this way you’ll never go back!” 😂😂😂😂🤢

“it will thicken up” 😂

I almost want to go back and revisit that clip just to watch Matts face again!

I want to retract my negative tweet BBC, It was tv gold!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
she was watching the DK hashtag like a hawk, replying to all sorts that wasn’t directed to her.
My tweet to DK during the first few days was negative I admit, but it was about the show, which in fairness was a car crash and badly thought out. Remember the tech issues? I can’t cope with the second hand embarrassment even now. I didn’t agree with how she got the job, clearly that’s why we’re all here in the first place and let’s not forget she was supposed to be immune compromised!! I didn’t tag Jack because I’m not a mean girl but it didn’t stop her and her fans attacking me. I didn’t tweet JM or DK again, just liked tweets defending Matt from the abuse he was getting from her fans.
Same here @Saint_clemmie - I tweeted an innocuous comment about the show and she jumped on it and had my Tweet deleted and blocked me. That is why you don’t see any negative comments to her, she censors and polices them all. Who could be bothered 🤷🏻‍♀️...only someone with things to hide?

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
that white sauce though, I’ll never foget when she said “once you make it this way you’ll never go back!”
Your backside would never forgive you. I wonder if sales of loo rolls went up for the DK staff after having to try her slop. Just thinking out loud.

That is why you don’t see any negative comments to her, she censors and polices them all
Can you remove negative comments or have them removed from Amazon too?

• Haha
Reactions: 5
This is interesting....in a few ways. She seems very capable of using Twitter as a weapon very quickly. (don;t sue me)

Not to mention the self-conceit.
The person who runs this site dealt with her aggression in a professional way, asking her to report the posts which she had found offensive and posting the link to enable her to do so.
However she was obviously concerned by the level of hate she was receiving from JM's fans and asked her to do something about it.
JM responded by telling her that she had *instructed her lawyer* and suggested that Tattle did so too, adding "Katie Hopkins had 5"!
Bullying rather than bullied in my (and only mine I must stress) opinion 😉

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
Whenever I feel a twinge of guilt for criticising and making fun of Jack, I remember that she has got to where she is by monetising lies and exploiting people's generosity, haranguing and silencing dissenters along the way. She is extremely manipulative.

I'm also genuinely fascinated by her pathology, if you will. Her narcissism is off the charts. I don't know anyone remotely like that in real life and it's really interesting to observe from a distance.

For instance, I just had a full body cringe flashback to her calling herself and Matt a "naughty little duo". DKL was an utter car crash. Did she really not see that? Did she really think she should be given further opportunities on the back of it? I wonder if she is ever pierced by moments of self-reflection or just lives in a permanent state of delusion.

Anyway, morning lovelies x

• Heart
Reactions: 37
I feel like my last post re twitter/tattle crossover wasn't worded very well at all. I was mainly thinking about trolling, which I know wouldn't come from here, but which I felt JM was alluding to, even though, as I said, her twitter/insta bubble is almost entirely positive feedback from what I see. I agree that anyone in the public eye can and should be held to account for what they decide to share, otherwise we absolutely (cannot say that word seriously anymore!) do fall into unnecessary censorship. Really sorry if I've caused any hassle.

Reactions: 11
In one of the many hilarious articles I read about her here recently, she mentioned food deserts. I had heard of the term in relation to the USA but wasn't 100% sure what it meant for the UK. I found this extract in an interesting article from the Guardian.

Food deserts are defined by the report as neighbourhoods of between 5,000-15,000 people served by two or fewer big supermarkets. In “normal” areas of this size there are typically between three and seven large food stores, it says. Small shops are less likely to sell fresh or healthy food.

The report cites Lisa Cauchi, a mother of eight in Salford, in the north-west of England, who said the nearest reliable source of affordable fresh fruit and vegetables was a big supermarket half an hour’s walk away. She occasionally gets a taxi but finds that depletes her food budget. “A taxi is a meal,” she said.

A survey carried out as part of the study found that nearly a third of respondents reported that lack of money was the biggest barrier to eating healthily (29%), followed by lack of time to cook (22%). Some 18% said they did not know how to cook healthy meals.

The article also talks about how these areas are often over-served by cheap fast food outlets, leading to all sort of health problems in these neighbourhoods. Several things come to mind:

Councils should be held accountable to which planning permissions they give. Someone with a large social media platform could draw attention to local councils giving planning permission to yet another burger joint instead of thinking how they could provide land to a supermarket, for example.

There are lots of practical ideas that I'm sure are already being implemented by many people, but that could be retweeted, turned into a campaign, etc. I.e. supermarkets deliver for as little as £1 - that is way cheaper than a taxi. What's the barrier? Is it that people don't have debit cards to order online? Is it that they don't know how to order online? Is it the minimum order required per delivery? How can we help people overcome these problems? What can supermarkets do to help? What can local communities do to help?

A local shop to me offers very cheap fruit and veg boxes for local delivery. They are not organic - just basic stuff, but decent quantities that would last a family of four for the best part of a week. Supplemented with some frozen stuff and juice would make it achievable for a family to get their five a day. Again, how can we encourage shops to offer this and people to take them up on the offer?

Lack of cooking skills - lots and lots of information online and published. Why are people not engaging with it? What are they engaging with? What can be done? My kid's local primary offers (in normal times) monthly cooking classes. The focus where I am is different. I live in a very multicultural and quite transient area, so the focus is on meeting people and sharing your culture. However, I am sure this is offered in other areas with a different focus. Someone with a large social media platform could highlight these success stories to inspire others. Perhaps come up with a downloadable plan of how to start a cooking class. I think the great thing about cooking is that really everyone can do it. We can't all be top chefs, but we all can learn to make a simple pasta con pomodoro or baked potato with beans or think about how we can plan things so when life is very busy, we can keep eating healthily and cheaply. Teaching people how to cook pasta or rice properly will really help change meals from stodge to something lovely. And it costs no more to cook pasta well than badly.

I was fortunate enough to learn all of these things from my mother and have just expanded my knowledge because cooking interests me as I got older. One of the greatest breakfasts ever in terms of nutrition is porridge. Soaking oats the night before mean they heat up in the microwave or hob in a minute and are super creamy, even if made with just water. Now how can you improve that meal nutritionally and make it taste of something? Add almonds or cashews (expensive, but not pound for pound when you think of healthy fats and protein) or if you are on a really tight budget sunflower seeds. Dried fruit can cost pennies and adds sweetness. I would add those in the soaking process, so they get all soft and the sweetness mixes into the whole bowl. A banana, a grated apple, some frozen berries. All cheap, all very healthy. Cinnamon or ginger will really elevate it.

Anyway, so many things someone who truly cared could do.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
The person who runs this site dealt with her aggression in a professional way, asking her to report the posts which she had found offensive and posting the link to enable her to do so.
That is the difference right there. The site person here was pure class in their response to JM. Quack reacted like she usually does, aggressively without a grain of decorum. I wonder why the work dried up. Publically saying you were going to sic the lawyers on this place, I'm sure made a lot of potential (if any) employers take a step back pretty quickly. No one wants to employ a liability.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The Inspiration category (where Jack is nominated) is the only one without judges notes. It would be interesting to know what inspiration they think she provides. tit food for poor people? It’s insulting really.

http://www.gfw.co.uk/2020/awards-2020-finalists-judges-comments/

But oh my such lovely books in there. I want the vinegar one 🤤

The entry below is in the 'First Book Award' - reminds of my favourite exchange on University Challenge. Please read this with Jeremy Paxman's voice.

A Cheesemonger's History of The British Isles by Ned Palmer

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Jeremy Paxman: “What is another name for ‘cherrypickers’ and ‘cheesemongers’?”

Contestant: “Homosexuals.”

Paxman: “No. They’re regiments in the British Army, who will be very upset with you.”

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Ll Can you remove negative comments or have them removed from Amazon too?
Just quickly looked and it would seem not on Amazon UK but yes on Amazon USA. There seems to be a facility for the author to ask for comments to be removed, but the decision is Amazons. Happy to be corrected if others know better?

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.