Jack Monroe #17 The shed is dead, shaved her head, on the beg for a left-hand Smeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Those arena flowers need to be tagged as a gift or ad as every other person on my instagram seems to have been sent them 🙄

Edit - she’s done it now
She's thanking her friend for nominating her to receive flowers as though she was sent them as part of their mental health week giveaway when actually her friend owns the company.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 18
She's just so passive aggressive / defensive about everything, it's so unnecessary. I think she's posted about 1 vegan recipe in the past 2 months, everything else has had eggs / cheese / loads of butter, at best.
Ah, but there was her cheese, sausage and pork crackling sandwich that she said would be 'easy to make vegan'. Surely that counts?!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 17
She's thanking her friend for nominating her to receive flowers as though she was sent them as part of their mental health week giveaway when actually her friend owns the company.
And that particular giveaway was to nominate people working in the NHS or other frontline services. Which doesn’t apply in her case. (Although she’d no doubt argue that it does.)

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 7
I feel uncomfortable posting here now. I’m worried about her mental health as she’s obviously going through something.

I know that she should not be reading here. It’s the equivalent of her eavesdropping at your door whilst you sit at home watching DKL and discussing it with your family.

However, she is reading here and that makes me feel really conflicted.

edited to add: this isn’t me flouncing off to ‘take a social media break’ or whatever. I just wondered if anyone else felt the same. Not guilty exactly but uncomfortable as if she’s invading a private discussion.
I get where you're coming from, yes. I like to try to stick to talking about her food and her grifting rather than her mental health and her relationship status, which is not to say I'm judging anyone or anything for talking about the latter - I actually think it's fascinating and obviously has ignited some really good discussions and support amongst us. It's just, for me, I think I like to keep it 'professional' on here, not least because I wouldn't want to give her any ammunition. If you see what I mean!

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I feel uncomfortable posting here now. I’m worried about her mental health as she’s obviously going through something.

I know that she should not be reading here. It’s the equivalent of her eavesdropping at your door whilst you sit at home watching DKL and discussing it with your family.

edited to add: this isn’t me flouncing off to ‘take a social media break’ or whatever. I just wondered if anyone else felt the same. Not guilty exactly but uncomfortable as if she’s invading a private discussion.
I get what you're saying. I feel it sometimes too. I guess it's like anything and we all have to do what we feel comfortable with. I would say there's plenty to talk about on these threads now that isn't JM. I don't know, I veer between thinking 'Well, she's an adult' and really disliking the attempts she makes to either bully or guilt trip people into shutting up while also knowing what it feels like to go through a tough time mentally. *shrug* Sorry, I clearly don't have the answer, but I think it was @heretoreaditall2019 who said, when this came up before, that it's worth going back through your posts and checking yourself, and the likelihood is that there is nothing there you will read that will make you feel like you were unreasonable and if there is, then there's always the option of posting to retract it and being open about it. I do think you shouldn't feel too bad, though I get the sense of being conflicted. x

• Heart
Reactions: 13

I agree with you that her posts make me feel uncomfortable, she is going through something and it makes me question posting on here. But then I read this...when I say this I mean the tweet that Jack wrote.

She's just so passive aggressive / defensive about everything, it's so unnecessary. I think she's posted about 1 vegan recipe in the past 2 months, everything else has had eggs / cheese / loads of butter, at best.
And I think WTF, she hasn’t posted a vegan recipe for ages and I don’t remember any of the DK content being vegan!

Her aggressive responses to anyone that hasn’t got a blue tick is staggering and I enjoy the posts and off topic chatter on here. It actually appears as soon as we chatter too much OT she does something to get us talking again.

She is clever at manipulating a narrative that she believes. I did buy her books, I nearly donated to the Kickstarter and nearly contacted her to help her post the books. I was totally sucked in, luckily for me I am too tight to donate to Patreon but I am cross that people out there are giving her money and promoting her endeavour to help the poor when there are people genuinely out there helping but aren’t doing the self promoting to gain the accolades.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

I don’t feel the same but I understand where you’re coming from and why you might feel uncomfortable, and I encourage you not to post here if it makes you feel bad because your feelings are important x

Even if she is having a genuinely tough time, I don’t see the value in stopping posting. Tattlers have described Jack as narcissistic and such an action would only inflate her sense of self worth and need to be in control of everything. Like you said, she’s invading a private discussion - we’re not coming for her. If her critics were the ones invading her space and she could do nothing to avoid it then I’d 100% be on Jack’s side. But that’s not the case and she’s actively deciding to come here and read things that she knows will upset her

Being mentally ill is tough - I myself have been triggered by all sorts of ridiculous things which I couldn’t avoid, but it’s not like I could demand that the universe stop this. Of course there’s value in trigger/content warnings but part of getting better is learning to cope when confronted with something that distresses you. And Jack doesn’t even have to do that at this point - she just needs to stop coming to this one website

Just my opinion, hope I’m making sense

• Heart
Reactions: 21
Who was it this morning that said she'd be sending herself flowers?

So ... we've done cookery books, podcast etc... what should I watch on the TV? Recently I've enjoyed Crazy Ex Girlfriend, I Am Not Okay With This, Nailed It (Nicole is so funny) and Succession (the best thing for years).

Reactions: 7
But you can't be vegan most of the time me -I either you are or you aren't. You can follow a mainly plant based diet, but that's different.

• Heart
Reactions: 21

So ... we've done cookery books, podcast etc... what should I watch on the TV? Recently I've enjoyed Crazy Ex Girlfriend, I Am Not Okay With This, Nailed It (Nicole is so funny) and Succession (the best thing for years).
Succession is AMAZING. 'duck OFFFFFFF'. I also loved crazy ex girlfriend.
We just watched afterlife (loved it), This way up on all 4 is good
Marvelous Mrs Masiel is great comforting TV.
Normal people and Unorthadox are amazing but INTENSE
And if you've never seen it I envy you but Schitts Creek is gorgeous

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I'd feel entirely differently if these threads crossed into actually contacting JM via social media for negative feedback/trolling. I wouldn't be part of, or support, that. That would be a step too far for me. But as a public figure I don't see why we can't talk about her recipes, books, stories she shares online in public forums etc. It is incredibly easy for her to ignore these threads if she wants to, she could easily stay in her twitter/insta bubble of almost entirely positive feedback. None of us are "coming for" JM.

I just discovered Shitts Creek this week, it's brilliant!

Recent Netflix loves have been After Life, Unforgotten, Tiny House Nation, Life on Mars, Unorthodox. I always love a bit of Killing Eve. I have the last season of American Horror Story to watch. Start from s1 (Horror House) if you haven't seen any of that. They're anthologies but eventually have crossover characters.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Those arena flowers need to be tagged as a gift or ad as every other person on my instagram seems to have been sent them 🙄

Edit - she’s done it now
I posted my peonies first. <shakes head> THAT WOMAN stepping on the little guy. Stay in your lane.*

*My tongue is firmly in my cheek lurkers.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I'd feel entirely differently if these threads crossed into actually contacting JM via social media for negative feedback/trolling. I wouldn't be part of, or support, that. That would be a step too far for me. But as a public figure I don't see why we can't talk about her recipes, books, stories she shares online in public forums etc. It is incredibly easy for her to ignore these threads if she wants to, she could easily stay in her twitter/insta bubble of almost entirely positive feedback. None of us are "coming for" JM.
I agree. We also don't go anywhere else with our discussion and opinions on her. That all stays on here. It would be very easy to pretend that we don't even exist, the only noise we make is within these walls. She may well be going through a tough time at the moment - lots of us also are. I don't particularly care for the way she attempted to intimidate and scare people on here with her aggressive threats of libel cases, accusing us publicly of all sorts. I know that made some of us pretty nervous for a bit.

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Normal People I just loved as so close to the book. Just finished Afterlife and Ozark. I love RuPauls Drag Race, could watch it over and over!!

Reactions: 3
Normal People I just loved as so close to the book. Just finished Afterlife and Ozark. I love RuPauls Drag Race, could watch it over and over!!

A little extra Connell and Marianne for you. It's not a long read.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I don’t feel the same but I understand where you’re coming from and why you might feel uncomfortable, and I encourage you not to post here if it makes you feel bad because your feelings are important x

Even if she is having a genuinely tough time, I don’t see the value in stopping posting. Tattlers have described Jack as narcissistic and such an action would only inflate her sense of self worth and need to be in control of everything. Like you said, she’s invading a private discussion - we’re not coming for her. If her critics were the ones invading her space and she could do nothing to avoid it then I’d 100% be on Jack’s side. But that’s not the case and she’s actively deciding to come here and read things that she knows will upset her

Being mentally ill is tough - I myself have been triggered by all sorts of ridiculous things which I couldn’t avoid, but it’s not like I could demand that the universe stop this. Of course there’s value in trigger/content warnings but part of getting better is learning to cope when confronted with something that distresses you. And Jack doesn’t even have to do that at this point - she just needs to stop coming to this one website

Just my opinion, hope I’m making sense
It makes a lot of sense and really resonates with me. I am absolutely against anyone posting anything nasty on her social media sites or sending personal abusive messages. But I think it's totally fine to ask questions on social media and it's also fine to discuss other things plus make fun of her here. This site is incredibly easy to avoid.
I suffer from complex PTSD and I used to have all sorts of triggers. It was only after a lot of therapy that I realised that I need to take responsibility for avoiding some triggers and learn to deal with triggers I can't avoid. I've suffered sexual abuse as a child and it has affected my life, but I can choose to focus on what happened or I can choose to accept that it happened and live my best life. This is obviously very simplified, but in a nutshells that's it. It's my life,and while it's incredibly unfair, I am the only one who can make me happy, healthy and well. It's not always easy and of course there are ups and downs, but I, like many people, don't find social media helpful for my wellbeing, so I engage with it on a very, very limited basis and in a way that enriches life rather than makes it negative. It is JM's responsibility to deal with all these emotions and the alleged abuse she gets. If it is in DMs, shut them down. I can't see anything abusive in the public Twitter comments. If she means Tattle, stop reading it and stop trying to shut down free speech. You don't have to like a gossip site and you certainly don't have to take part in it, but you also absolutely do not have to read it.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I don’t feel uncomfortable because I’ve never messaged her directly, certainly never would. Anything that is commented on here is in response to things put in the public domain by JM herself. It’s not as if she is new to being in the public eye, and actively seeks and courts fame. So many similarities between JM, SH and Joe Wickes. All court the media attention.

I do also think that JM actively tries to make us feel bad so we won’t post, as that would be ideal for her as nobody can see all the contradictions over the years. That’s why she deletes all the comments and blocks the people who make them

• Heart
Reactions: 26
It makes a lot of sense and really resonates with me. I am absolutely against anyone posting anything nasty on her social media sites or sending personal abusive messages. But I think it's totally fine to ask questions on social media and it's also fine to discuss other things plus make fun of her here. This site is incredibly easy to avoid.
I suffer from complex PTSD and I used to have all sorts of triggers. It was only after a lot of therapy that I realised that I need to take responsibility for avoiding some triggers and learn to deal with triggers I can't avoid. I've suffered sexual abuse as a child and it has affected my life, but I can choose to focus on what happened or I can choose to accept that it happened and live my best life. This is obviously very simplified, but in a nutshells that's it. It's my life,and while it's incredibly unfair, I am the only one who can make me happy, healthy and well. It's not always easy and of course there are ups and downs, but I, like many people, don't find social media helpful for my wellbeing, so I engage with it on a very, very limited basis and in a way that enriches life rather than makes it negative. It is JM's responsibility to deal with all these emotions and the alleged abuse she gets. If it is in DMs, shut them down. I can't see anything abusive in the public Twitter comments. If she means Tattle, stop reading it and stop trying to shut down free speech. You don't have to like a gossip site and you certainly don't have to take part in it, but you also absolutely do not have to read it.
You sound like you’re doing well (fellow C-PTSD sufferer here ❤), adjusting is hard work but your self awareness & taking responsibility for your own MH shows that it’s paying off - even if it doesn’t feel that way at times. I hope Jack reads your comment and takes it to heart because she could really benefit from taking this advice and challenging her victim-complex mindset. I’m certain she is referring to Tattle as she is block-happy on Twitter but can do nothing about these threads, which is all the more reason for her not to come here!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.