Jack Monroe #17 The shed is dead, shaved her head, on the beg for a left-hand Smeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Me too!

What do we think Jack thinks of the kindness and support on here? Indifferent to it, ignores it, or annoys her that it doesn't fit the view she really wants to hold of us? 🤔
yes! Plus the constant stream of content ideas. We’re basically a free creative team 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 12
They’re always in mega sale outside of Christmas times too, just looking on Amazon they have some that are down from £140 to £40! A lot of options starting at £20 too. I have the Oral B ones and really like them but my husband’s managed to ruin the battery life on two (I think he presses too hard uno, even tho it warns you). My cousin has the Philips sonicare one and it’s SO quiet it’s crazy, not sure if you get the same sensation of being jet washed though?

I don’t wanna be a Debbie downer and love you for doing this @halycondays but please be really careful and DM it to people you trust, I’d hate for Jack to doxx you particularly at a tough time like covid. I’ve heard she did it with the Kickstarter so just be super super careful x

😂 I feel exactly the same, like exasperated like just leave it out hun. 70% of the time you’re not even the topic of conversation here anyway 🥴
Many thanks for your advice and warning. It's appreciated. I'm pretty naive when it comes to online stuff so... thank you X

• Heart
Reactions: 11
Me too!

What do we think Jack thinks of the kindness and support on here? Indifferent to it, ignores it, or annoys her that it doesn't fit the view she really wants to hold of us? 🤔
I hate to drag it back to the Sali Hughes threads again (but there are so many parallels) but she and her cronies derided any sign of camaraderie here as pathetic and utterly peculiar as commenters were all anonymous. Therefore could not have genuine feelings.
I just presume Jack would console herself with the same theory. (Ignoring the fact most IG and Twitter fans of theirs are anonymous. Apparently that is DifFeReNt).

• Heart
Reactions: 18
yes! Plus the constant stream of content ideas. We’re basically a free creative team 😂
Honestly I’ve been offering to become her Kris Jenner for threads now, never got a call back have I! We need to better monetise sweetie... I want exclusive £50 per head book launch exclusive zoom parties in that calendar, the free Smeg delivered YESTERDAY in all 3 colourways, and YouTube collabs left right and centre to grow those subscribers!! 💅🏻 The shed will be repurposed for the Birkins once I’m done xo

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
I can thoroughly recommend electric toothbrushes! I don't have a fancy one, just a cheapo battery operated one but it's still great.

Regarding that tweet - why do that to yourself? Just, why? She really needs to get off twitter.

I hate to drag it back to the Sali Hughes threads again (but there are so many parallels) but she and her cronies derided any sign of camaraderie here as pathetic and utterly peculiar as commenters were all anonymous. Therefore could not have genuine feelings.
I just presume Jack would console herself with the same theory. (Ignoring the fact most IG and Twitter fans of theirs are anonymous. Apparently that is DifFeReNt).
Amen to that! As I've said, it's almost like they're reading the same set of instructions. I guess we are all non human or something so it's ok to call us all the names.

In both cases (SH and JM) it's someone whose content I enjoyed and whose ethics I admired. I know it may seem absurd as I don't know them personally - but their behaviour online has been dreadful and really disappointed me.

Reactions: 13
I haven't been able to keep up with the Jack threads for ages so I'm sorry if this was already covered but do we know if she and "Mrs J" split up?

Reactions: 1
She planted it a few years ago, it was tiny and has really spread now.
Thinking of planting some bulbs in different colours. I love them.
(Sorry to butt in and being a bit cheeky here and completely off topic. I have just posted a thread in advice about houseplants. Can't work out how to link a thread in here. Any help would be much appreciated!)

Reactions: 2
Honestly I’ve been offering to become her Kris Jenner for threads now, never got a call back have I! We need to better monetise sweetie... I want exclusive £50 per head book launch exclusive zoom parties in that calendar, the free Smeg delivered YESTERDAY in all 3 colourways, and YouTube collabs left right and centre to grow those subscribers!! 💅🏻 The shed will be repurposed for the Birkins once I’m done xo
if she had any sense she’d hire you, she needs you! So many wasted opportunities since DK. I’m not even joking, this lockdown could have been incredible for her.

• Heart
if she had any sense she’d hire you, she needs you! So many wasted opportunities since DK. I’m not even joking, this lockdown could have been incredible for her.
Literally these threads are goldmines of content & ideas for her though, all you cheffy ones posting recipes too?!

You’re right this was the time to make HAY for the mass markets & do a what’s his name Wicks number on it. Bag completely fumbled, I truly despair!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Literally these threads are goldmines of content & ideas for her though, all you cheffy ones posting recipes too?!

You’re right this was the time to make HAY for the mass markets & do a what’s his name Wicks number on it. Bag completely fumbled, I truly despair!!!
I think that’s where most of the anger comes from tbh. Shes pissed off with herself for her behaviour towards JO, then she did herself a massive disservice during DK (I still can’t get over that train wreck), the lockdown larder could have been great but she wasn’t doing it for the right reasons therefore didn’t stick with it. Then there’s the shed, I have nothing to add to that disaster. She has a book out, A BLOODY BOOK about depression during mental health week, come the duck on! The opportunities were endless but she’s missed her window and she knows it but she’ll direct her feelings about herself to us horrible trolls!

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Y'all need to take your feets off her neck and let her breathe, ya hear?

Only kidding. As you were.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
I originally came to Tattle because of this! I came to look at these awful woman harassing poor Sali and then I started reading and was like hold up a minute these women kinda make sense, but I didn’t really follow Tattle much. Then when I started getting an odd vibe about JM I wondered what tattle thought. I almost felt vindicated that other people could see it too!! Like so many other people have said, I really liked her to start off with and then things just didn’t feel like they were adding up and if I’m honest I found her a bit patronising. I might not have much money but it doesn’t mean I want to eat slop or feel like I’m being used as a sort of trophy. Anyway I’m rambling...as you were 😁

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
I originally came to Tattle because of this! I came to look at these awful woman harassing poor Sali and then I started reading and was like hold up a minute these women kinda make sense, but I didn’t really follow Tattle much. Then when I started getting an odd vibe about JM I wondered what tattle thought. I almost felt vindicated that other people could see it too!! Like so many other people have said, I really liked her to start off with and then things just didn’t feel like they were adding up and if I’m honest I found her a bit patronising. I might not have much money but it doesn’t mean I want to eat slop or feel like I’m being used as a sort of trophy. Anyway I’m rambling...as you were 😁
I really only post in this thread and read the Sali one and the Joe Wicks one (he set my spidey senses off too recently). I think this is a really good point again about the vibe and things not adding up. The majority of people say the same thing, 'I used to really like X, then Y happened and it made me question things'. Like my mum would say 'We're not angry, we're just disappointed'. And it's hard, when all critique is shut down or piled on elsewhere, not to feel like it's you that have it wrong, so when you find a space where other clearly intelligent, funny, compassionate people feel the same as you, then it's quite a relief.

It might do some of these people good if they could ever bring themselves to wonder why those who have stated they used to be fans/supporters of them are now gathered together questioning things. But I suppose that would require a challenging level of self-reflection. It's easier just to yell 'TROLL' and 'witches' rather than wonder if some of your behaviour was responsible.

And also, already said by others today, THEY DO NOT HAVE TO READ HERE. This space isn't for them.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I really only post in this thread and read the Sali one and the Joe Wicks one (he set my spidey senses off too recently). I think this is a really good point again about the vibe and things not adding up. The majority of people say the same thing, 'I used to really like X, then Y happened and it made me question things'. Like my mum would say 'We're not angry, we're just disappointed'. And it's hard, when all critique is shut down or piled on elsewhere, not to feel like it's you that have it wrong, so when you find a space where other clearly intelligent, funny, compassionate people feel the same as you, then it's quite a relief.

It might do some of these people good if they could ever bring themselves to wonder why those who have stated they used to be fans/supporters of them are now gathered together questioning things. But I suppose that would require a challenging level of self-reflection. It's easier just to yell 'TROLL' and 'witches' rather than wonder if some of your behaviour was responsible.

And also, already said by others today, THEY DO NOT HAVE TO READ HERE. This space isn't for them.
Just caught up 😅 I found Tattle months ago, and loved a bit of the MOD and FOD threads, any mumfluencers and their ilk. Jack Monroe I had thought was down with the people, proper, been through the mill, salt of the earth type. Not once did I twitch about anything she said. When I saw she had a busy thread on here, I thought surely not! Farckingell! The wool has well and truly been pulled from my eyes and knitted into a piece of tat for my she-shed.

This is why we’re here. We know. We know about crappy times. We variously understand her many alleged illnesses, we know depression and poverty and EDs, autism, being alone, trying our best, and we just know about struggling in all of its many forms. That’s why we’re so angry. We were all pretty much all rooting for her at one time or another, because we thought we were her and she was us. It’s like a betrayal! Whatever she ever ever EVER says about anything written on here, she absolutely cannot deny that she has lied and manipulated and used people for her own advancement. That, to me, is completely uncontested. I can say truly, hand on heart, I’m an extremely diplomatic person. I question things, see if there’s a fair explanation, I don’t rush to criticise for the sake of it, I don’t even gain much pleasure from it really. There’s no way on earth that what Jack has said about her health can all be true. What she says about her finances cannot be true for the entire duration (I'm sure she’s been skint once) . The way she treats her kid is bloody awful, and she just lies and lies and seeks attention. She’s a twisted narcissist and she can piss off with her talk of feet on necks. Mate, your foots on your own neck!

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Those arena flowers need to be tagged as a gift or ad as every other person on my instagram seems to have been sent them 🙄

Edit - she’s done it now

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Just caught up 😅 I found Tattle months ago, and loved a bit of the MOD and FOD threads, any mumfluencers and their ilk. Jack Monroe I had thought was down with the people, proper, been through the mill, salt of the earth type. Not once did I twitch about anything she said. When I saw she had a busy thread on here, I thought surely not! Farckingell! The wool has well and truly been pulled from my eyes and knitted into a piece of tat for my she-shed.

This is why we’re here. We know. We know about crappy times. We variously understand her many alleged illnesses, we know depression and poverty and EDs, autism, being alone, trying our best, and we just know about struggling in all of its many forms. That’s why we’re so angry. We were all pretty much all rooting for her at one time or another, because we thought we were her and she was us. It’s like a betrayal! Whatever she ever ever EVER says about anything written on here, she absolutely cannot deny that she has lied and manipulated and used people for her own advancement. That, to me, is completely uncontested. I can say truly, hand on heart, I’m an extremely diplomatic person. I question things, see if there’s a fair explanation, I don’t rush to criticise for the sake of it, I don’t even gain much pleasure from it really. There’s no way on earth that what Jack has said about her health can all be true. What she says about her finances cannot be true for the entire duration (I'm sure she’s been skint once) . The way she treats her kid is bloody awful, and she just lies and lies and seeks attention. She’s a twisted narcissist and she can piss off with her talk of feet on necks. Mate, your foots on your own neck!
This whole comment had me nodding along and thinking ‘yes, absolutely x’

• Haha
I feel uncomfortable posting here now. I’m worried about her mental health as she’s obviously going through something.

I know that she should not be reading here. It’s the equivalent of her eavesdropping at your door whilst you sit at home watching DKL and discussing it with your family.

However, she is reading here and that makes me feel really conflicted.

edited to add: this isn’t me flouncing off to ‘take a social media break’ or whatever. I just wondered if anyone else felt the same. Not guilty exactly but uncomfortable as if she’s invading a private discussion.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.