Jack Monroe #17 The shed is dead, shaved her head, on the beg for a left-hand Smeg

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I was filling in an application form for a thing a few weeks ago and had to give my social media profiles and the idea of being seen through a strangers prism made me uncomfortable. Even the idea of Googling my own name freaks me out as I don’t really want to be confronted with myself, let alone anyone’s opinion of me (not that I expect there to be any out there, but even if I had spent the last decade carving out any degree of fame I can’t envision a time when I think it’d be wise to do that). What good does anyone (JM, SH, MOD) think it could possibly do unless you have either a very thick skin OR a view of yourself that is so overinflated/fragile that makes you need to challenge a tiny proportion of people that don’t think you’re quiet as great as you do?
You mean you aren’t really @Betty Neumar risen from the dead 😧

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 5
Has Mrs J actually gone then? I noticed she doesn't retweet Jack anymore. Oh and here's the rant for anyone who missed it. Bad quality as I did it quick.

I don't get the point of posting and then deleting minutes later - it serves no purpose. Either ignore the ignorable source, or take it on if you feel it unjust.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
You 👏🏻 don't 👏🏻have👏🏻to👏🏻come👏🏻here
Or if you do insist on reading this,why don’t you just pause for a moment and consider the same thing that’s being said about your.own.words over and over, and maybe, just maybe, reflect on that. In your inside voice, not on Twitter, obvs

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Peachy9 said:
Did you pop your username down for here on the form? 😉
No, but if I ever need to demonstrate how many times I can use the words ‘horse’ and ‘spunk’ for hilarity I’ll totally be referencing it 💁🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
I don't get the point of posting and then deleting minutes later - it serves no purpose. Either ignore the ignorable source, or take it on if you feel it unjust.
I also wonder if she posts those swiftly-deleted tweets just for Tattle's eyes, as one of us usually catches them before they're gone.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Is there a word for the twitter version of vaguebooking?
I think it's twattering.

No idea if Louisa has left for good. But if a relationship can be broken by posts on an obscure forum, that doesn't say much for the relationship.

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
I also wonder if she posts those swiftly-deleted tweets just for Tattle's eyes, as one of us usually catches them before they're gone.
I was about to post something similar, the speed with which she types out her angry bird tweet then deletes is suspect.

Reactions: 11

Well if she is, she is playing a pointless and pernicious game. Accept that there are dissenting views online, and crack on without damaging your career.

• Heart
Tbh she’s welcome to make an account and come in for a chat so there’s no need for the am drams and bleeping Eminem stan letter style twitter threads, no one here would be a head to her.

Going through published articles and social posts =/= foot on neck. There’s even been a positive recipe review in recent days, that’s one for the old blog?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
The egg in soup thing isn’t really a big deal, she often posts the recipe for avgolemono soup, which is rice soup with egg and lemon, and you combine the egg in the same/similar to how she described. Meh 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reactions: 3
Hold the phone. Is she seriously recommending just putting eggs in a cup a soup? Like in already boiled water, no further cooking?

Maybe I’m missing something but I feel thoroughly turned at the idea.
The Chinese nation of chefs and recipe inventors are very grateful to her for this method of fortifying broth , didn’t you know?

• Haha
The soup thing has turned me. And what a faff for something that sounds so rank. Just fry an egg and shove it between two slices of bread ffs! Oh and I like to call that a fried egg sandwich. You won’t have heard of it.

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Hold the phone. Is she seriously recommending just putting eggs in a cup a soup? Like in already boiled water, no further cooking?

Maybe I’m missing something but I feel thoroughly turned at the idea.
Cup a soups taste disgusting at the best of times - this is the hill I am prepared to die on -, and I don't think adding a half cooked egg (although a good source of protein) would do anything to improve it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Cup a soups taste disgusting at the best of times - this is the hill I am prepared to die on -, and I don't think adding a half cooked egg (although a good source of protein) would do anything to improve it.
Thick, salty and acrid. But now... With stringy protein bits in? Like spunk, quite frankly.

• Haha
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.