Jack Monroe #165 She’s in a fugue state

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
So let's work it out.

Today her birthday so presents and attention ( what seems like her favourite things)

A job? ( 10 minute video is some tinned fruit)

A loving child with which to spend it with

Tell me again why she worries about what's said on here?!
Because nothing really makes her happy anymore. Not her son, or her house full of expensive tit, or the sponsorship deals, or having a millionaire celebrity fiancee then an influental, well-connected girlfriend. The happiest you see her is when a celeb like MR throws her a bit of attention or a blue ticker gives her a compliment. Sure, she gets an attention high, but as with any addiction, it wears off and you've got to do crazier and crazier things to get it.

I actually think that going from poverty (which I still think was slightly self-inflicted) to fame and making a lot of money for not doing very much has been bad for her. It's like a lot of lottery winners, they're miserable and after a while they stop appreciating the little things in life.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
I really don't get the stigma of using medication to help those with ADHD. People take daily medication for a whole host of other medical issues, so I don't get why you'd get shamed for helping someone with ADHD in the same way? I need my medication to stay on an even keel. It's no biggie.

(That's not aimed at you directly, just general musing on the subject as an outsider, glad your daughter had a positive experience when she was on them. It sounds like she has good coping mechanisms now to be able to come off them and great support around her ♥ )
The medication usually has side effects. Most often loss of appetite and insomnia. I have worked in SEN in one way another for 25 years and have always refused to force kids at secondary school to take ADHD meds, even if their parents and teachers prefer their behaviour. At one stage it was felt that Ritalin ( most common for a long time) stunted growth. I can’t remember if it was proven and there are more sophisticated alternatives that are more common now. Most kids vote with their feet and stop taking the meds in their teens at some stage.

I work in a private school in an affluent place now after many years in UK tough schools. The students here are very highly achieving and it’s easy to get the ADHD meds to use as study drugs. It is not uncommon.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
You like my hat? Thankyou, but I can’t afford hats, I found it in a muddy puddle. I’m so sick of having to explain to the cable of mendacious faceless bullies every little thing I do. What I meant to say, was that Tattle actually very generously gave it to me as they know I’d never normally treat myself to an Irish hat. When I’ve accidentally conquered my fears and stopped howling and clawing at the floor, I’ll get my forever hat. You’ll see, you’ll all see! I’ll have the last laugh.
What you can see here is my penultimate forever-hat.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Because nothing really makes her happy anymore. Not her son, or her house full of expensive tit, or the sponsorship deals, or having a millionaire celebrity fiancee then an influental, well-connected girlfriend. The happiest you see her is when a celeb like MR throws her a bit of attention or a blue ticker gives her a compliment. Sure, she gets an attention high, but as with any addiction, it wears off and you've got to do crazier and crazier things to get it.

I actually think that going from poverty (which I still think was slightly self-inflicted) to fame and making a lot of money for not doing very much has been bad for her. It's like a lot of lottery winners, they're miserable and after a while they stop appreciating the little things in life.

She does scream of someone discontent with life in everyway. I think there's an element of avarice too in her lifestyle. She covets what others have, both material possessions and/or ways of living, and she tries to copy, to attain the same. However, it's not her, it's all bravado and puff, so of course she is dissatisfied with life. Of course she feels like an imposter and becomes a bubble of anxiety in fear of being found out. She is clinging to her assigned labels, as that's all she has to show her worth (she thinks) if she double downs then more will believe her? She can't change her narrative as that's what got her to her quite privileged position in life now.

Sorry for my arm chair psych session, I'm putting me party hat back on. (Did anyone sort out those poppers?!)

The medication usually has side effects. Most often loss of appetite and insomnia. I have worked in SEN in one way another for 25 years and have always refused to force kids at secondary school to take ADHD meds, even if their parents and teachers prefer their behaviour. At one stage it was felt that Ritalin ( most common for a long time) stunted growth. I can’t remember if it was proven and there are more sophisticated alternatives that are more common now. Most kids vote with their feet and stop taking the meds in their teens at some stage.

I work in a private school in an affluent place now after many years in UK tough schools. The students here are very highly achieving and it’s easy to get the ADHD meds to use as study drugs. It is not uncommon.
Thank you for explaining it to me. Appreciated! ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Boss: So what have you achieved today?

Me: Really worked on developing my design skills finding the perfect sized head to balance a leprechaun's hat on.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 91
As a birthday treat I present to you: Jack at the height of her fame posing for a blurry fan photo with Mom.

672FB415-7D75-423D-950B-1A4F6BCBBA16.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Lads the hats, I can't

Only a tam-o-SHAN'T-er could be as appropriate

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
Happy St Patrick’s Day to yis all! ☘
I’m loving the hats and party vibe on here today. It’s just what Jack wouldn’t have wanted on her special day.😂😂
My hat seems to be strangely levitating above my avatar’s head, but @Lumpyspaceprincess is definitely winning for me with the way she’s wearing hers.
🎶“You don’t have to be Irish to be Irish.”🎶

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
I predict a big chaos this afternoon. Attention, attention, attention, that's what she craves. It started when she pre-warned Twitter that she was going to write something after the horrific abduction of Sarah E, followed by the revelation of SA in a series of carefully written fugue-state tweets which got a lot of traction. (I actually believe she's telling the truth with some embellishment, despite her usual form).

She's also had the ultimate Monroe high of blue ticker birthday greetings co-mingled with her usual blind fury at us Fraus and Herren (sitting in our quiet corner of the internet and discussing the contradictions that SHE puts out there).

Tonight is going to be good I reckon! (gif of a moustachioed man snapping open a fold-up chair).

(But really I just wanted to see my avi in her hat!)

• Haha
Reactions: 38
The thing about the fugue state, is I don’t remember Walter White saying fugue state. Was I in a fugue state while watching Breaking Bad? Fugue State Inception?

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Hi everybody. Not just posting for the sake of seeing my new picture with the hat. Good day to you all.

ETA ah man it looks tit

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 47
I’m pretty sure I’ve seen funny tweets (you know the ones- labeled as memes but they’re actually just a screenshot of a tweet on a white rectangle 🙄) about how to get the best value Tesco meal deal..... 5 YEARS AGO! Jack with her finger on the pulse as usual. Next it’ll be what other objects you can use in a trolley when you don’t have a pound coin. Riveting.
To be fair I love a Tesco meal deal, I bought myself one a couple of weeks back even though I wasn't going to work just for the fun of it.

A breakfast sandwich (bacon, egg and sausage) for £2.79, a carton of coconut water or a green smoothie for around £2 and one of the little mini chicken fillets for £1 for my cat!

You really feel like you have got one over on the system when your total comes to £6 and then you press checkout and it goes back to £3.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I had mine last night and I feel like I've been hit by a bus today!! I might get absolutely swazzled tonight, call in sick tomorrow and blame the jab! Sound legit to me!
I feel your pain. Just coming out of 36 hours of nasty side effects from the jab.
Good news is I am ALIVE and ready for Del Monte shitshow later!

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.