Jack Monroe #165 She’s in a fugue state

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @Brian Butterfield for the thread title! 🎉 did you think of it whilst in a trance? Your prize: first taste of the upside pineapple chicken thing. Yes, I know you’re vegan but so is Jack so sup it up 😂.

Recap of last thread

1. Jack will take part in a TedX talk on poverty and hunger for the NHS.
  2. She was on Steve Wright’s radio show (pre-recorded).
  3. She’s sorry she didn’t use a trigger warning on her weekend tweets. She’s not a victim. She’s a lioness.
  4. She had some things to say about autism and ADHD. She might say more later. But here’s her plug for Good Food for Bad Days.
  5. She tried to get Mom’s attention on Twitter.
  6. Her Instagram live talking all things canned fruit was rescheduled until 6pm tomorrow (her birthday). Hip, hip, Del Monte. General feeling among the cable: abject disappointment. Also, non-shock.

7. [*]
    Please use the words ‘thread title’ (two separate words) when making a bid for one as it makes it easier to search. Also, try to hold off to the latter part of the thread if possible (after post #500). And remember - no swears are allowed.

New to Jack? Have a look at the wiki.
    [*]

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 92
750E15C6-C52C-4DA2-82C0-503910E26E32.jpeg

Cable, something perplexing may be afoot.

Did she double book? Did she actually work over the ‘vigil’? Did she actually not attend the prep session discussed here?

Ponder.

I didn’t squiggle because public figure

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 100
View attachment 485433

Did she double book? Did she actually work over the ‘vigil’? Did she actually not attend the prep session discussed here?

Ponder.

Oohyoh fightoh (as we say in Leicester) you might be on to something here. The crafty mare!

• Haha
Reactions: 49
I can't believe this. I've been BUSY and I've come back to nothing. How rude.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Coincidentally back to tweeting now the potential ‘prep session’ is over. 🧐🧐

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
Thanks Poca for the wonderful catch up. I tend to get about halfway through threads and then move on to the next.
I want to address her Autism and ADHD tweets.
My child has both. They remain unmedicated for the minute.
If she takes medication, then her adhd should calm to the point where she can concentrate and be organised surely?
Perhaps someone with a medicated child/ themselves could clarify?
It annoys me she goes for the "classic" symptoms of both and uses them as reasons why she is tit at her job.
My child works damn hard to try to make sure they always do their best at school work and has many techniques to work with both so it causes the least effect.

• Heart
Reactions: 71
View attachment 485433

Ponder.

All of the cable is left desolate for a prep session?

A PREP SESSION?

This will never be forgotten.

Never.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 57
All of the cable is left desolate for a prep session?

A PREP SESSION?

This will never be forgotten.

Never.
A prep session in which Jack's contribution was probably "Right, I can talk about my own lived experiences as a single mum using foodbanks. I've got this great anecdote about the time we ran out of jam. That's me prepped, off for a dino nap bit of a fugue state."

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.