Jack Monroe #165 She’s in a fugue state

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I am even more happy having just looked at the top right hand corner and realised that my tiny avatar has its own tiny party hat.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
Thankspaceyou for responding. I thought that might be the case with the medication clearing the mind a bit so why if she is medicated does she still act so irrationally. Unless she's not adhd and the medication she obtained actually makes her wired up and impulsive.
You've also eased my mind about medicating my child in the future.

Thank you too.
On the subject of ADHD, my daughter was a teenager before she was diagnosed.
I too was very hesitant about *medicating her*.
Her psychiatrist explained that it would become apparent very quickly if the medication
was working or not. If not, then we would take her off it.
Within a week I was getting phone calls from the school to tell me positive things
about her progress/behaviour/concentration levels etc.
Before this it had been a relentless 2 years of phone calls from the school COMPLAINING!!

As an adult my daughter has stopped medicating, but is very bright and has strategies
that help her to cope/manage her ADHD.
She now works with autistic adults in care and I know she is wonderful at her job as she
*gets* the quirks if you like so is able to be extremely empathetic and work out strategies
that help for each client.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
I love Grace Dent too. I agree she felt she didn’t fit in with yummy mummy’s. She’s proper working class too but with an aspiring middle class mum. Her autobiography is brilliant. Had me laughing and sobbing in equal measure.
It's a fab book, will worth a read

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Came for the Jack receipts (and the community, wit, real life stories, in jokes, sheep pics, food advice) and stayed for the hats...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
On the subject of ADHD, my daughter was a teenager before she was diagnosed.
I too was very hesitant about *medicating her*.
Her psychiatrist explained that it would become apparent very quickly if the medication
was working or not. If not, then we would take her off it.
Within a week I was getting phone calls from the school to tell me positive things
about her progress/behaviour/concentration levels etc.
Before this it had been a relentless 2 years of phone calls from the school COMPLAINING!!

As an adult my daughter has stopped medicating, but is very bright and has strategies
that help her to cope/manage her ADHD.
She now works with autistic adults in care and I know she is wonderful at her job as she
*gets* the quirks if you like so is able to be extremely empathetic and work out strategies
that help for each client.
I really don't get the stigma of using medication to help those with ADHD. People take daily medication for a whole host of other medical issues, so I don't get why you'd get shamed for helping someone with ADHD in the same way? I need my medication to stay on an even keel. It's no biggie.

(That's not aimed at you directly, just general musing on the subject as an outsider, glad your daughter had a positive experience when she was on them. It sounds like she has good coping mechanisms now to be able to come off them and great support around her ♥ )

• Heart
Reactions: 27
She would benefit from taking part in Rich House, Poor House (anyone??) and see how bleeping easy she has it. Boo hoo, people think your ‘cooking’ is shite. Waaaah, people think you’re a manipulative twunt who makes out you need money when you’re well off. Sob, people call you out when your behaviour is triggering/damaging. That’s it. No one wants you to come to any harm, we can just see through your rubbish, unlike the squigs who have to ask how to make toast.

The only issue with this plan is that she’d argue she should visit the rich house, coming from such poverty 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
The leprechaun party hats are only brilliant, so they are, the blessings of St Patrick on ye all! OT, my friend's child mixed up the festive stories he was told at his creche, and yesterday claimed that a leprechaun is made of chocolate and if you break it open there are sweets inside. It is a mercy for the street performers of Ireland that there are no parades today.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
De
View attachment 485979

Sighs

This is not how dissociation works, you do not compose several well thought out posts in a dissociative state and then not remember.

It has echos of the Roseanne Barr tweets when she blamed the ambien.

I forsee a time in the futire when she tweets something extremely stupid and then blames it on dissociation.
Carefully manages to avoid identifying anyone, in this spontaneous outpouring of pain that is absolutely not a prepared shitbomb to drop at the most auspicious moment, but too fugued up to add a trigger warning

Yes, Jack. That's how it works

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Update on the mini poll from the last thread

99 votes for the Del Monte live NOT going ahead, and 30 votes for it GOING ahead, and one spoiled ballot :ROFLMAO:

Tick tock, tick tock.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 45
I don’t have anything to say but I’ve changed my picture and wanted to see it bigger with the hat. Please ignore me!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I don't think it will go ahead. It's only a 10 minute slot. I dont see the point. I mean what meal can you make in 10 minutes that isn't microwaved and if you're going down that route you might as well buy a quid ready meal and keep the fruit. Just my thoughts .

• Heart
Reactions: 28
I want to see this panel she is on with Dent (🤢) & Ruby. As much as I cannot srand Dent, I wouldnt imagine she'd put up with eejits.

Reactions: 25
I want to see this panel she is on with Dent (🤢) & Ruby. As much as I cannot srand Dent, I wouldnt imagine she'd put up with eejits.
I'm also interested to see how Ruby interacts with her. I guess it's easier to ignore stupidity on a zoom but OTOH I've noticed myself that it's less easy to suppress eyerolls.

Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.