Jack Monroe #165 She’s in a fugue state

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was so nervous I felt rather bad for her...but at this point in her career she really needs to crack the nerves and the prep and the presentation skills...or understand that on camera cooking isn't right for her.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 53
God it wasn't even that bad - compared to the mayo nightmare this was quite professional for her. I almost feel bad that she knows half the viewers are just us taking the piss.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 44
Please can the thread start with a poll about whether we watched live, so we'll know how many real people watched?

Edit: You know what I mean.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
She looks and sounds exactly like I would if I was doing this (I'm not a great cook and I hate talking to cameras but then I didn't make cooking on camera my job).

Reactions: 30
I couldn't get it to work. Is someone archiving for future generations to admire?

Reactions: 13
I do feel bad for her that she got more and more anxious towards the end, but this is what, at least the 5th or 6th time this has happened?

At some point, she has to accept that live cooking videos are not in her wheelhouse, and if she continues to force herself, it’s on her.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Why did her hands still look manky even though she was handling the raw chicken. Has she still not learnt to wash her hands?

• Sick
Reactions: 18
Bad preparation does make you nervous as well.

why not marinade it in the tin you are cooking it in? Why create washing up.

Reactions: 20
Same. The visibly shaking hands did it for me. I think anyone who has experienced anxiety will know how she’s feeling right now. She’ll probably have a little cry when it’s over. I hate the grifting and the lies but I really don’t enjoy watching someone this vulnerable.
Part of me feels like that then I remember how she screamed and screamed for her own tv show when lockdown started. Also, how many years has she been doing this now? There are things she absolutely should have done to make it easier - like just having the bowl and roasting tin ready. So I feel a bit sorry for anyone who sounds anxious but also generally fucked off at the grift.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 79
Can we have a poll of how many tattlers watched live so we know what % of the total we made up - I’m thinking at least 75% 🤣

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
I do feel bad for her that she got more and more anxious towards the end, but this is what, the 5th or 6th time this has happened?

At some point, she has to accept that live cooking videos are not in her wheelhouse, and if she continues to force herself, it’s on her.
This. Stop taking paychecks for something you aren't good at.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.