Jack Monroe #165 She’s in a fugue state

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was so nervous I felt rather bad for her...but at this point in her career she really needs to crack the nerves and the prep and the presentation skills...or understand that on camera cooking isn't right for her.
Yeah, I think at that point most people would either change therapists and get some better coping techniques, or stick to prepared and edited segments because they're a lot less nerve-wracking! Live TV is really difficult even if you don't have anxiety, so I kinda feel for her.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
I did feel rather bad for her, but she's clearly not comfortable with lives so why not stick to text or pre-records?

• Sad
Reactions: 31
Final scores:
Screenshot_20210316-130348_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210316-130430_Chrome.jpg

Team red are the winners! Just one away from a full house but she foiled us by pre chopping the onion

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 87
Gosh I followed on here. Why does she do this to herself. Madness!

• Heart
Reactions: 26
Haven’t caught up but I watched it and I’m still flapping around silently screaming POISON CHICKEN JUICE IS EVERYWHERE.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 47
She also mentioned how she has so many ideas buzzing around her crazy little brain and they'll be on the blog soon...

....OK but this partnership has been on since December, and has produced an Xmas dinner, a Valentine's fruity Yorkshire pudding, and a peach drizzle cake (unblogged). So many ideas? Where are they? Stop playing around with plug hair and write them down!

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Side note: anybody got the Hellman's live? Think I deserve a bit more torture tonight x

• Haha
Reactions: 28
She didn’t too too badly for her. There was only the lateness, the raw chicken juice flying through the air, salmonella hands and cinnamon avalanch. Also the little squeaky bit at the end with the unconvincing health claims.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 47
Jack needs to face the fact that she ISN'T a cook, can't do TV, can't present
and needs to change career now.
None of this is working for her.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
I've dealt with people with chunks of glass in their hands or their kneecap round the other side of their leg 🔺 that have sounded more relaxed than that.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
If she can't do live, she should just admit it to Del Monte. "I'm not good at presenting live, but I am happy to produce some short Insta videos/YouTube recipes etc." But that would require her to not fancy herself as some sort of celeb cook/social media maven.

Who the frig watches live cooking vids on Insta anyway? Even if it was a chef I liked I couldn't be arsed and I watch cooking shows and stuff like that.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Same. The visibly shaking hands did it for me. I think anyone who has experienced anxiety will know how she’s feeling right now. She’ll probably have a little cry when it’s over. I hate the grifting and the lies but I really don’t enjoy watching someone this vulnerable.
I struggle with anxiety and have been finding the pandemic overwhelming of late. I feel like i'm wading through treacle and my concentration and focus isn't what I want it to be. Jack generally rushed through it and by the end it felt like she needed to end it quick before she had a melt down. But this was the case last year and in the tv segments she's done before the pandemic. I just think she needs to understand that presenting/cooking on camera isn't her thing. Or she needs to work and practice super, super hard to overcome her hurdles with it.

• Heart
Reactions: 62
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.