Jack Monroe #16 Queen of the freezer, bathtime teaser & blue tick pleaser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To add a new job to the list, in the guardian article she’s saying she was a reporter in the local paper , not totally sure when/ how that fits into her myriad other jobs

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I can’t imagine how volatile she is in private, based on the public version (where you’d think she’d be reining it in a bit). I also remember some quote with her kid’s dad where he referred to having to “keep the peace”. Which makes it sound like they are walking on eggshells around her.
Enormously volatile, I reckon. If, as someone suggested, Mrs J has moved out for her job and they have not actually split up, I can imagine Jack making Louisa's life very difficult out of raging insecurity. At any rate, I expect we will see a lot more bathtime/crop top/come hither content from the Patron Saint of Oversharing.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I can’t help but wonder whether all this lying and attention seeking started in childhood and if Jack felt sidelined by having “100 foster kids” pass through the house when she was growing up.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Enormously volatile, I reckon. If, as someone suggested, Mrs J has moved out for her job and they have not actually split up, I can imagine Jack making Louisa's life very difficult out of raging insecurity. At any rate, I expect we will see a lot more bathtime/crop top/come hither content from the Patron Saint of Oversharing.
Jack's antics have reminded me of this evergreen Instagram Nickelback parody - "drinking mai-tais on a cruise/just a coincidence it's also boobs"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
If you look on her old insta, 3 weeks after the hunger hurts post that made her famous, she’s using an iPhone to take her pictures, eating decent food, has a job, and gets two cats. Who the duck gets two cats when they have to pawn their kid’s toys?? Cats and their food and litter are expensive. Also just looking at that original posts, that repetitive thing of “a gift from a friend”. Everything’s a gift, just in case someone asks if she bought it and puts her as not being skint. Oh just fffsssss

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
I can’t help but wonder whether all this lying and attention seeking started in childhood and if Jack felt sidelined by having “100 foster kids” pass through the house when she was growing up.
I have wondered this too - if it’s the result of not feeling seen/heard/secure enough as a child from having to share resources (parents attention, space, belongings etc). General disruption. Also if there was a narrative of “look how lucky you are compared to this foster child” or if bad behaviour was tolerated from the foster children but not the birth children because of their trauma but not properly explained. Nothing is an excuse but you can see the impact it would have if not dealt with and processed.

I am in the Holistic Psychologist’s private group at the moment with a current focus on reparenting (giving yourself what you weren’t in childhood) - it’s hard work but fascinating.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
Couldn’t agree more! Your viewpoint changes with your own experience but I’m not that much older than Jack and both my parents are dead. I didn’t always appreciate my folks as much as I should (especially my mum, I was 18 when she died) but I can guarantee I would not have slated them on social media, knowing either them or their friends/family would see it!
Totally agree @LennyBriscoe - both mine are dead too (before I was 21), I think some people don’t appreciate what they have? There are some children with horrendous lives. Joe Wickes is an absolute twit, read his thread on here. He is attention seeking and clearly has some sort of eating disorder the way he talks about food. I’m a huge advocate of breastfeeding but how DARE he chastise his Mum publicly, or at all. Also, his children’s mother left a 2 week old baby to go to a hotel with him overnight...hardly a positive breastfeeding supply and demand example!!

• Heart
Reactions: 21
If you look on her old insta, 3 weeks after the hunger hurts post that made her famous, she’s using an iPhone to take her pictures, eating decent food, has a job, and gets two cats. Who the duck gets two cats when they have to pawn their kid’s toys?? Cats and their food and litter are expensive. Also just looking at that original posts, that repetitive thing of “a gift from a friend”. Everything’s a gift, just in case someone asks if she bought it and puts her as not being skint. Oh just fffsssss
And even if these gifts are true.. surely if you have friends so rich they give you a smeg fridge they wouldn’t just let you starve?

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Bravely fighting the trolls nips first!

View attachment 132053
Yeeessh. Ok, ok we get it! You’ve had a bad week love.
But why complain about online negativity (attention) when you court it so?
I also really hope for her sake that she actually conducts her exercise in a more supportive sports top and not in jeans!

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Bravely fighting the trolls nips first!

View attachment 132053

PS Jack, re. 'caveat'...

I’ve always been vocal when people have been Talking about how she is having some MH issues. But nope, I’m on board now. The nip pics, the bath pics, the hair. Her putting herself out there like this and the shed. She’s (in my opinion, based of my experiences) in the flux of a state of mania. She’s deff bubbling high. I hope she has support for the down. I think she alienates herself from people who don’t feed her ego, or fit her narrative. I hope the yes people she’s kept are helpful.
Actually come to think of it, she never posts about friends does she? Do we think she has any?

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I’m a huge advocate for breastfeeding but Joe Wicks is a twit, I’m sure his mum raised him the best she could at the time

I also think it speaks volumes that Jack’s mum is aware of her daughter’s poverty fantasy and doesn’t challenge it at all. I can imagine the narcissistic rage that would come with being challenged like that, even privately. Jack’s mum probably will do anything to keep the peace. Remember that bizarre tweet exchange with her mum saying sorry she couldn’t babysit because she was ill? I suspect she tweeted her rather than privately texted (like a normal person) because she wanted to minimise the tantrum

Raising a child is hard work and I’d be livid if my daughter made fictional claims like Jack does. But I can also see why Jack’s mum is biting her tongue
I have a family member who even at over 50 years old flips her lid at the slightest thing and has made up scenarios about her upbringing that many many family members dispute but then they become targets of her rage, even though said family member themselves has tripped up on their lies and proven they are lieing time and time again, but for an easy life certain family members walk on egg shells round them, i have had to cut them off completely because I cannot be that diplomatic, I would go for the jugular and I have called them out many times in the past, only to become a target of their lies and rage so I've just given up because I can't tip toe, I say nothing and have cut them off altogether, they make me very very angry...

• Sad
Reactions: 9
I’ve always been vocal when people have been Talking about how she is having some MH issues. But nope, I’m on board now. The nip pics, the bath pics, the hair. Her putting herself out there like this and the shed. She’s (in my opinion, based of my experiences) in the flux of a state of mania. She’s deff bubbling high. I hope she has support for the down. I think she alienates herself from people who don’t feed her ego, or fit her narrative. I hope the yes people she’s kept are helpful.
Actually come to think of it, she never posts about friends does she? Do we think she has any?
There don’t seem to be real friends around, lots of Twitter acquaintances, but you never get the sense of a real friendship. I agree she’s on the tipping point, still mentioning trolls but doing nothing to stop it. SM break needed!

I see there is someone who wants to be her friend has “popped up” to comment, Superfan number 2.
01D287F7-0C5B-41AC-A351-86B9FC72FE88.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 10
As soon as I had my first and my mum was there, holding my hand and rubbing my gas filled post partum tummy, all the slights I Had previously felt before baby just fell away. Yes, she was a money burning, drama seeking alcoholic for parts of my childhood but then again her mum committed suicide when she was 11, my dad had a horrific stroke when we were small and she was just 35 with 3 kids and a mortgage. She did the best she could and yes she messed up some of it, but when I needed her, she was there. I might have done what Jack has done and criticised her openly, but only in my early twenties and before kids. Having my own really did open my eyes. Jack hasn’t endured half of what most of us have, it’s a shame someone with such a stable childhood seems to feel so wrong done by.
Now I feel totally guilty for not being so forgiving of my mum (abusive alcoholic with NPD traits)

I wonder how SB & Jack's relationship will change when he's a teenager and acting out.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Joe Wicks is an absolute dick. If the worst thing that has happened to you in life is that mummy didn't breastfeed you, you really do have issues!

Jack has a really weird relationship with her family and the father of her son. Her lies are so public, it must really hurt them when they read it.

Reactions: 21
Ooh I’ve just noticed I’ve become a VIP member! Thanks Jack — I should probably dedicate this to you.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Yeeessh. Ok, ok we get it! You’ve had a bad week love.
But why complain about online negativity (attention) when you court it so?
I also really hope for her sake that she actually conducts her exercise in a more supportive sports top and not in jeans!
I bet if anyone commented she hold say she’s too poor for anything else

Joe Wicks is an absolute dick. If the worst thing that has happened to you in life is that mummy didn't breastfeed you, you really do have issues!

Jack has a really weird relationship with her family and the father of her son. Her lies are so public, it must really hurt them when they read it.
Yeh when she made that comment about him getting upset for reading criticism of her online all I could think was how much more hurtful your mum basically saying you ruined her career would be

Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.