Jack Monroe #16 Queen of the freezer, bathtime teaser & blue tick pleaser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
To add a new job to the list, in the guardian article she’s saying she was a reporter in the local paper , not totally sure when/ how that fits into her myriad other jobs
Attempted attempt at becoming an MP?

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Now I feel totally guilty for not being so forgiving of my mum (abusive alcoholic with NPD traits)

I wonder how SB & Jack's relationship will change when he's a teenager and acting out.
You don’t owe her anything so don’t feel bad. Being forgiving wouldn’t be straightforward and would require working through a lot of emotions on your part, so not a decision anyone should take lightly. There’s also the possibility (if she still has issues) that she’ll take advantage of that chance in the wrong way

You do you but don’t feel guilty about protecting yourself

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Yeeessh, she needs something a bit more supportive than that crop top. Not just for exercise but for anything as her boobs are quite big - mine are too and if I tried to exercise (I can hear my friends and family laughing rn) in anything like that I'd be in agony!

Any hoo, yy to the criticising your family like that in public. It must be awful for them to see and I can well imagine a few of them seething away in private.

On the subject of forgiveness - I think it's very, very personal, and nobody should ever feel it's something they have to do, because imo some things are unforgivable. Also, someone can only be forgiven if they are genuinely sorry.

Unfortunately lots of abusive parents aren't sorry because they don't think they've done anything wrong.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Bravely fighting the trolls nips first!

View attachment 132053

PS Jack, re. 'caveat'...

Maybe she will be more reticence about using this in the future.

There don’t seem to be real friends around, lots of Twitter acquaintances, but you never get the sense of a real friendship. I agree she’s on the tipping point, still mentioning trolls but doing nothing to stop it. SM break needed!

I see there is someone who wants to be her friend has “popped up” to comment, Superfan number 2.View attachment 132082

Despite what may be said here, she certainly knows the demographic of her fanbase, and they validate her accordingly. Maybe 'OnlyFans' beckons.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 8
Maybe she will be more reticence about using this in the future.

Despite what may be said here, she certainly knows the demographic of her fanbase, and they validate her accordingly. Maybe 'OnlyFans' beckons.

I wouldn’t joke about it. Onlyfans would be another revenue stream for her, don’t give her ideas!

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Totally agree @LennyBriscoe - both mine are dead too (before I was 21), I think some people don’t appreciate what they have? There are some children with horrendous lives. Joe Wickes is an absolute twit, read his thread on here. He is attention seeking and clearly has some sort of eating disorder the way he talks about food. I’m a huge advocate of breastfeeding but how DARE he chastise his Mum publicly, or at all. Also, his children’s mother left a 2 week old baby to go to a hotel with him overnight...hardly a positive breastfeeding supply and demand example!!
I've been reading his thread, what a NOB. No idea of his background but being criticised for not breastfeeding is awful. Like the vast majority of us, I bet she was doing her best with the resources she had at the time.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Now I feel totally guilty for not being so forgiving of my mum (abusive alcoholic with NPD traits)

I wonder how SB & Jack's relationship will change when he's a teenager and acting out.
There is a whole lot more to the relationship with my mum than what I’ve written here and if anyone is guilty of anything, it’s me for simplifying things in my previous post. Please don’t feel guilty about how you are dealing with your relationship with your Mum ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 16
This video is super-weird and uncomfortable. She starts off by introducing herself as "writer, campaigner, person with an itchy nose, cookbook author, activist, campaigner and accidental conqueror of my worst fears". She keeps rubbing her nose and at one point starts scratching, saying the itchiness is maybe a new "nerves thing" and that she feels like she has "bugs crawling all over my face". Lovely.

There's the usual faux self-deprecation and references to "dozens and dozens of messages of abuse" for an ITV appearance.
And rather hilariously, she states that the copyright for the song doesn't belong to her but to the original artists. No tit, Jack! It's also sort of odd that she doesn't mention Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks at all - not a word about liking them or why she chose this song.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 18
Yeeessh, she needs something a bit more supportive than that crop top. Not just for exercise but for anything as her boobs are quite big - mine are too and if I tried to exercise (I can hear my friends and family laughing rn) in anything like that I'd be in agony!

Any hoo, yy to the criticising your family like that in public. It must be awful for them to see and I can well imagine a few of them seething away in private.

On the subject of forgiveness - I think it's very, very personal, and nobody should ever feel it's something they have to do, because imo some things are unforgivable. Also, someone can only be forgiven if they are genuinely sorry.

Unfortunately lots of abusive parents aren't sorry because they don't think they've done anything wrong.
You don't get it, do you? She's too POOR to get a sports bra and joggers. Seriously, stay in your lane. 🙃

• Haha
Reactions: 27
This video is super-weird and uncomfortable. She starts off by introducing herself as "writer, campaigner, person with an itchy nose, cookbook author, activist, campaigner and accidental conqueror of my worst fears". She keeps rubbing her nose and at one point starts scratching, saying the itchiness is maybe a new "nerves thing" and that she feels like she has "bugs crawling all over my face". Lovely.

There's the usual faux self-deprecation and references to "dozens and dozens of messages of abuse" for an ITV appearance.
And rather hilariously, she states that the copyright for the song doesn't belong to her but to the original artists. No tit, Jack! It's also sort of odd that she doesn't mention Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks at all - not a word about liking them or why she chose this song.

Of me singing... a song .. wtf else would she Be singing

• Haha
Reactions: 7
It’s also sort of odd that she doesn't mention Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks at all - not a word about liking them or why she chose this song.
That’s very odd if she doesn’t mention either by name at all? (Couldn’t stand the cringe so I skipped through) Surely you’d at least want to signpost viewers to listen to the original if they didn’t know it? Or is the reason she didn’t because she wanted all the attention?

That’s very odd if she doesn’t mention either by name at all? (Couldn’t stand the cringe so I skipped through) Surely you’d at least want to signpost viewers to listen to the original if they didn’t know it? Or is the reason she didn’t because she wanted all the attention?
I think it's a safe assumption.

• Haha

An itchy nose, you say. 🤔

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.