Jack Monroe #16 Queen of the freezer, bathtime teaser & blue tick pleaser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Reactions: 6
I just had a look at the salad bag pesto recipe. No cheese, no pine nuts (or any other nut, to save money) = no texture. Sunflower oil instead of olive oil. Just rotting veg and a bit of garlic.

It's sad. She just doesn't seem to like cooking. Her recent recipes in the Guardian all had these bizarrely basic errors, like simmering pasta or turning the heat up on bechamel before adding cheese. These are the basics of cooking, and after so many years of writing recipes, she still doesn't have a clue.
I agree. She has no interest in cooking at all. This shows not just in the recipes, but in the lack of any development of her themes over the last few years - and in particular, it shows in her lack of taking joy in fresh food and flavours, and her insistence that everything must be as grim and unappetising as it can possibly be. I think cooking, to her, was simply a means to an end (the end being fame, of a sort).

Reactions: 22
Influencer? :ROFLMAO:
Sorry @Instabums, you’re mistaken —unfortunately influencers don’t claim minimum wage, and are in fact rolling in it. Apparently.

This is a specific role I’m thinking of here, very badly paid and thus requiring tips and donations to keep the employee afloat...

• Haha
She was a dancer for 12 years 💁‍♀️

I mean, assuming she meant childhood really. Also. Dance costs a frigging fortune. Parents who don’t give a tit about their daughter don’t chuck x12 years of dance money at them. I’m sure they would have bought her a lightbulb.
Oh yes. 12 years of being driven to ballet lessons in mummy’s Land Rover. Not the image she wants to project.

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Oh, oh, I have one:
100% success rate legal expert
That one cracks me up, 😂😂 I mean you've only done it the once so of course it's 100%, 🤷🏻‍♀️ I very much doubt you'll do it again and win, you'll get rinsed like a tin of baked beans 😂😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 15
Apparently we can have a nosey about in her 'cosy' home now.
Jacks gaff
That article is very funny.

The wrong name, the unflattering photograph, the juxtaposition of the feed your family for £5 video and the photos of her house crammed with consumer goods, the quotes from Jack, (especially the last one, that make her look like a right twit), and all written on n a dead pan style.

It is so obviously taking the piss. I think it is safe to say that someone at the Daily Mirror doesn't have warm feelings for Jack

And it doesn't even mention her new book!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Bootstring chef....CHEF?!?! 😮 surely not.
Chef? My god that's an insult to actual chefs who have spent years training and honing their craft 🤦🏻‍♀️ she's nowhere near the standards of a chef , heck she's barely a cook, she's a bung it all in heater upper...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Sorry off topic but I love your user name, it sums most of us up here 😂
🙋‍♀️
Mind you @People-huv-tae-know, your user name is pretty braw too

What is it with these people biting the hand that feeds them? I know we never know what goes on behind closed doors but if she’s not painting a picture that her folks didn’t care enough about her (even though her mum’s on Twitter and can see everything 😔) then that other bloody national treasure Joe Wicks has been slagging off his mum for not breastfeeding him when he was a baby!!

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
Last edited:
🙋‍♀️

What is it with these people biting the hand that feeds them? I know we never know what goes on behind closed doors but if she’s not painting a picture that her folks didn’t care enough about her (even though her mum’s on Twitter and can see everything 😔) then that other bloody national treasure Joe Wicks has been slagging off his mum for not breastfeeding him when he was a baby!!
What we really need in life is more men criticising how women use their bodies 🤬

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 23
🙋‍♀️

I know! Not to derail the thread but Joe Wicks' poor mum just seems like she was very young and skint having kids, and was probably a bit overwhelmed, his childhood diet doesn't sound any worse than others of his age. Jack's parents were clearly decent, kind people who were comfortably off financially (not "working class" as she claims) and it's unlikely that she and her son "froze and starved for years" (direct quote). What is wrong with these people slagging off their parents in public, on forums where they can read? I find it quite shocking, especially as they're parents themselves and know how tough it can be.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Is there a job description for “pointlessly twatting around on Twitter for the length of a standard working day”?
Influencer? 😂

🙋‍♀️

That joe wicks thing.. I don’t follow him anymore but I would rather not be breastfed than have every moment of my childhood broadcast on Instagram for the world to see!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.