Jack Monroe #16 Queen of the freezer, bathtime teaser & blue tick pleaser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
someone advices her to put ice packs in fridge, obviously she has tried this with hundreds of Iceland is but her fridge is so hot the cheese has melted..is it somehow 35 degrees in Southend?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
This video is super-weird and uncomfortable. She starts off by introducing herself as "writer, campaigner, person with an itchy nose, cookbook author, activist, campaigner and accidental conqueror of my worst fears". She keeps rubbing her nose and at one point starts scratching, saying the itchiness is maybe a new "nerves thing" and that she feels like she has "bugs crawling all over my face". Lovely.

There's the usual faux self-deprecation and references to "dozens and dozens of messages of abuse" for an ITV appearance.
And rather hilariously, she states that the copyright for the song doesn't belong to her but to the original artists. No tit, Jack! It's also sort of odd that she doesn't mention Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks at all - not a word about liking them or why she chose this song.

My kids are in fits of laughter, shouting turn that down Mum. WTF have I just watched? I’m so disturbed

• Haha
Reactions: 11
I've been reading his thread, what a NOB. No idea of his background but being criticised for not breastfeeding is awful. Like the vast majority of us, I bet she was doing her best with the resources she had at the time.
Said it before and I'll say it again, Joe Wicks is a squeaky voiced prick. I can't stand the guy.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
Said it before and I'll say it again, Joe Wicks is a squeaky voiced prick. I can't stand the guy.
I've never liked Joe Wicks. He has mean eyes and nasty hair.

I don't care if he has done a lot of good, I just don't like him.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Why is she going to make pizza bases with four pints of milk? Pizza dough doesn't contain milk! Also, just freeze the milk.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 16
And all of her fruit and veg will be fine for at least a couple of days in a cool place in the house. Storing potatoes and onions I. The fridge is plain weird.

Why is she going to make pizza bases with four pints of milk? Pizza dough doesn't contain milk! Also, just freeze the milk.
I think I'm going mad because you can pretty much freeze everything she lists, can't you?? Obviously with her warm bag of salad she can make her disgusting pesto. That leaves the cucumbers and the red cabbage. I'd pickle them 💁‍♀️

Why is she keeping potatoes and onions in the fridge??

[edit] she *does* realise she can just freeze the fruit as it is, does she not?
If she has a tin of chickpeas (of course she does), then she can use these marvellous ingredients to make one of her trademark “curries”! (Plus a lovely warm salad with salmonella garnish on the side.)

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 12
I've never liked Joe Wicks. He has mean eyes and nasty hair.

I don't care if he has done a lot of good, I just don't like him.
I don't think he really has done a lot of good. Definitely not altruistically anyway. All the extra subscribers his PE have got him will have him set for life.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 6
She's making a thing of the fridge dying so that when people give suggestions she can shoot them down. Except the blue tickers, obvs.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.