Jack Monroe #156 Super crabby ADHD faux vegan is mendacious

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bless you. Can someone explain something to me. Wouldn't the bank do their own research? I'm sure it wasn't just based on a complaint alone?
Yes, they would carry out their own investigation and Also due to the nature of fraud legislation they wouldn’t disclose why they are closing her account- as that could be viewed as ‘tipping off’ which the bank could be fined for.

• Wow
Reactions: 31
I think I'll go as a deconstructed trifle. Think that might just tip her over the edge.

• Haha
Reactions: 79
I’d like to dress up as hamburglar
Edit- crap at spelling

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Yes, they would carry out their own investigation and Also due to the nature of fraud legislation they wouldn’t disclose why they are closing her account- as that could be viewed as ‘tipping off’ which the bank could be fined for.
It's annoying, GoHenry really should have some sort of right to reply. It's so obvious that's who she's talking about.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
It's annoying, GoHenry really should have some sort of right to reply. It's so obvious that's who she's talking about.
She obviously won’t engage with the financial journo but I really hope someone replies to him with that tweet go Henry replied to.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
Someone will have to take one for the team and just come to court as ‘brown’.

I suggest a series of short plays or ‘skits’ to help the judge make sense of this complex case.

The GoHenry Incident:

Jack: is that the police. I wish to report a crime.
Police: go ahead.
Jack: you need to arrest the cabal. It’s their fault my GoHenry card has been cancelled.
Police: but surely a GoHenry card is for a child.
Jack: it is, I lied on the form to get one.
Police: well that’s fraud. How did the bank find out.
Jack: well I told them, I put it all on social media what I was doing.
Police: so how is the cabals fault?
Jack: aren’t you aware of my body of work...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 85
I shouldn’t be surprised, but Station Officer Steele Jack messing about with highly combustible tumble dryer fluff when she has no home insurance makes me feel honestly sick.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
She absolutely hates that her bullshitting gets tracked and traced by this group.

It's hilarious.
🤣🤣🤣
Needing a card with a limit is the dumbest nonsense (next to bragging online about misusing a children's account). I get that we're all trying to avoid cash in a pandemic, but what about just taking three tenners if you can't trust yourself with your card?

Reactions: 42
Bizarre story. Why would she open a GoHenry account under a child’s name to do her weekly shop budget (aside from because she’s ~quirky~)

All major banks will let you open a second current account (including the super basic no overdraft and no fees cards) which you can use to transfer over your weekly shopping budget onto a separate card.. my mum does it with Barclays, and I do it with a Yolt card (Yolt is a free budgeting app). No deception or fraud required.

in fact using GoHenry seems to be more complicated as it requires a linked ‘parent’ account to manage the child’s account, and since it’s app based I presume it requires 2 phones. It also requires a monthly account fee and there are fees if you want to top up the parent account more than once a month (which you’d think a budget blogger would avoid!)

• Wow
Reactions: 54
And it's all on a paid partnership post with o2uk. Unbelievable.
I would say 'if they had brains, they'd be dangerous', but they're plenty dangerous even without the ol' grey matter.

Needing a card with a limit is the dumbest nonsense (next to bragging online about misusing a children's account). I get that we're all trying to avoid cash in a pandemic, but what about just taking three tenners if you can't trust yourself with your card?
Shame she didn't use it as an official #jackshack, really.

Reactions: 29
I like how 'Nose to Tail Eating' appears four times in that list, please let Zero Waste Jack attempt to break into that niche 🙏 here's a few ideas to get her started:

Pig snout porridge with macerated lettuce and crispy goat hooves
Cow ear and chicken toe pie with a pear and mussel velouté
A salad of parsnip peelings, larks tongues in aspic and pickled tea egg shells

Looks like interesting dinner plans at your place. Can Traumatised Slopbot Sideboard offer you a nice drink to wash it all that down with?🍹

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 110
A good opportunity to discuss our court outfits? I'm still thinking my dress made of William Morris Strawberry thief fabric. Who is coming dressed as a Go Henry card?
My grandson has a flat Stanley costume, I can adapt it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
Hey pals, I'm going as Mr Mx Potato Head? A genderless poverty potato that can be accessorised according to whatever whim, fancy or social media trend takes you. Currently on-topic too.
I bagsy mans shirt, short skirt (like Shania Twain) with my old army boots and will be clutching a well thumbed copy of Das Kapital.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 69
The most hilarious thing is that she could have gotten away with misusing the GoHenry card, had it not been for her unsuppresable desire to brag about it (it was even for some competition, right?)

Anyway, good excuse for her to use he son's period of poverty for sympathy again. (Her boy was very young when she went through her poverty phase, if she didn't keep on harping on about it he would not know at all. She's had a more than decent income for years now and at times shared a household with women that earn big time, plus he has had a father looking after him. duck her for claiming her son has had 'duck all' for so long.)

Jack, if you're reading here now, you signed up for the GoHenry terms and conditions (like you did in the fire service). These apply to you and your son's bank account as well. I personally don't give a crap whether you've used said card, but you were the one openly saying you misused it
🤷‍♀️

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 71
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.