Jack Monroe #156 Super crabby ADHD faux vegan is mendacious

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
well, yes, you do get paid for being an irritating tit on twitter. every time you promote your crap books, someone clicks on your aff link, someone clicks on your website...

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Why would any of us care if smolsadnonrobot 🥺🥺 met up with Jack?
Funny, he thinks our minds will explode by the thought of it, when I don't care. Meet, or don't, do whatever you want.

The problem with JM is that she's a grifter and spotlight hogger. She's made a lot of money from her poverty cosplay (and other bandwagons she has jumped, like veganism and mental health) and she lies about even about the most mundane and trivial things (like not owning a toaster. who the duck lies about that?). Her descriptions about poor people often are borderline classist (sometimes full on classist) and she preaches #bekind without practicing it.

However, if she wants to meet smol man, or smol man wants to met her, that's not something that will make my head explode (in reality, I would not be surprised of such a meetup would be cancelled last-minute due to ouchy [whatever bodypart is next], prompting the drawing of a disapointment bot).

Seriously though, who the duck lies about owning a toaster?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57
Funny, he thinks our minds will explode by the thought of it, when I don't care. Meet, or don't, do whatever you want.

The problem with JM is that she's a grifter and spotlight hogger. She's made a lot of money from her poverty cosplay (and other bandwagons she has jumped, like veganism and mental health) and she lies about even about the most mundane and trivial things (like not owning a toaster. who the duck lies about that?). Her descriptions about poor people often are borderline classist (sometimes full on classist) and she preaches #bekind without practicing it.

However, if she wants to meet smol man, or smol man wants to met her, that's not something that will make my head explode (in reality, I would not be surprised of such a meetup would be cancelled last-minute due to ouchy [whatever bodypart is next], prompting the drawing of a disapointment bot).

Seriously though, who the duck lies about owning a toaster?
so hilarious that you would pretend not to have a toaster when you have admitted to having 3 freezers :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 37
The music thing is ridiculous because grime was exactly her time. The underground battles and then reaching mainstream with dizzee, wiley, kano, lethal B.. how far removed she is from popular culture is just mad. Shes on such a delay with all current topics.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Tryingtobecool Jack is in my Top 5 least favourite Jacks. I’m in a full body cringe right now.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
The music thing is ridiculous because grime was exactly her time. The underground battles and then reaching mainstream with dizzee, wiley, kano, lethal B.. how far removed she is from popular culture is just mad. Shes on such a delay with all current topics.
Kano makes my knees feel trembly.

She has no excuse either (ie. that she was into rock/indie/whatever dad music she has tattooed on her) because the grime lot were all over NME circa 2005/6 too.

She’s tragic.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Aaaand waiting for the next cri de coeur from Jack to Rishi.*

*With blubbing photos you took time out of your tears to set up and shoot, please Jack!

1614514843731.png

ETA that I know that this might actually be devastating to some freelancers who haven't been given help by the Treasury, and I don't mean to dismiss that. I just don't count Jack in this, as she seems to have done quite nicely recently. Plus, could also elect to pay herself some dividends out of her nice little savings stash.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
I always consider myself really cool until I stumble into topics such as grime. I don'r know what grime is. I teach very sweet, innocent teens here in the desert and today I astonished them by explaining that you have to get a teardrop tattoo every time you do a murder. Back to counting my GCSEs to be cool.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
I’m the same age as Jack and I have no idea about any of this :oops: in my defence I’m still waiting to outgrow my emo phase. But then I don’t pretend to be an expert in all music and would definitely just buy a voucher rather than trying to become a Grime expert on Twitter overnight.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Can anyone point me in the direction of that tweet she wrote to Rashford? It’s for some cringing myself a new hole I’m planning for later

• Haha
Reactions: 40
I always consider myself really cool until I stumble into topics such as grime. I don'r know what grime is. I teach very sweet, innocent teens here in the desert and today I astonished them by explaining that you have to get a teardrop tattoo every time you do a murder. Back to counting my GCSEs to be cool.
I told a colleague/friend in my last school after a Friday from hell that we should ‘Netflix and chill’, completely unaware of what the term actually meant.

Unfortunately some students heard me on the corridor.

My street cred was about zero at the time so needless to say they weren’t surprised.

• Haha
Reactions: 57
Sky sports could probably commission a special deadline day for Jack’s manuscript submission
“Cammy can you tell us what’s going on? It looks like Jack has a toaster?”

“Er.... I don’t know Jeff! I saw one on the side but I thought it was just a decoration. Has she?”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.