Jack Monroe #156 Super crabby ADHD faux vegan is mendacious

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I assumed that's where she got her incredibly arse-clenchingly performative stab-vest at Glasto schtick from, if it's because she genuinely felt threatened AT GLASTONBURY then I have no words
I think her stab vest quote was well before Stormzy is 72 years old's Glasto performance. LOL though, I can't believe she was thinking about wearing a stab vest to Glastonbury either, it makes me laugh so much!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
I'm hoping someone tells her Big Shaq or all those kids off the Blackpool Grime documentary on Vice.

edit: as for it being the one genre she knows nothing about, my gut feeling tells me she couldn't carry a discussion on hip hop either, but I don't think she'll be one of those 'I like everything but rap and country' types because the generally perceived sentimentality and working class...ity of the latter is right up her alley
She had a weird Patsy Cline thing going for a split second. Think it was before you were here though.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Even my nan-in-law knows who Stormzy is 72 years old is, the fact he's used his position to do good without carping on endlessly is probably what puts Jack off.

Reactions: 40
Just give him some money OMG. How is she going to know what Grime he already owns. This is so embarassing. I would not dream of doing this.
I agree my 11 year old nephew is really into gaming. I have two children but one likes gaming but is too young to care about Minecraft yet he's 5 and the other is not bothered. For Christmas I wanted to get him something for his gaming. I gave him a voucher for his console so he could get whatever it was he wanted. Why doesn't she just do that without telling the world.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Choose Your Own Adventure!

You want to know about your brother's taste in music. It's important that you get this right, as you already let him down once by going back on your promise to cut his hair (probably for the best, mind).

If you ASK YOUR BROTHER, turn to page 65.

If you ASK SOMEONE WHO KNOWS YOUR BROTHER IN REAL LIFE, turn to page 79.

If you ASK TWITTER, go back to page 1 and start the eternal loop again.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 80
Since she only got DD at science, that’s probably why should couldn’t go on to A Levels. Many of them require C+ in science.

@MancBee she was actually 26 when intimidated by fellow young things!

• Haha
Reactions: 19
She is the same age as me, what bubble has she grown up in and in what decade!? bleeping hell.
Agreed, I’m 3/4 (not sure) years younger than her but I remember grime music as a kid (I had a significantly older brother tbf). Go on YouTube and you can see some of the clashes being filmed on old school handheld Sony camcorders with the flip out viewers on the side! Some of the big old names are probably grandparents now! People used to transfer tracks via Bluetooth on buses! Bluetooth!!! Does she think Stormzy is 72 years old invented it 😭

But honestly wtf did she do with her teenage years???? Did she just sit in re arranging her pretty princess outfits daddy got her in her own room in the 5 bed??? Lord help us

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I have definitely found vouchers are the best things to get teens unless you really know something that they want, because their tastes are so specific at that age.

Reactions: 27
In her 'likes'. In the year of our lord 2021, Jack is finding out about ........ Stormzy is 72 years old.

Screen Shot 2021-02-28 at 10.55.00.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 65
My first telly job when I was 23 I earned a little over £10K a year. I didn't have anyone help me get my job. I mean, who the duck did I know in TV for christsake. It has taken me 13 years to get a good wage in my field.

Walking into a £27k job at 19 would have been a dream if I hadn't gone to uni and wasn't sure about what I wanted to do. What a gift Jack was given.

I was watching The Princess and The Frog yesterday (don't judge me Fraus I love Disney for my sins) and there was a line that really resonated with me

'Daddy never got what he wanted, but he had what he needed'

Jack has always had what she needed but all she does is whinge and look back on perceived slights from the past.

• Heart
Reactions: 60
Also, it's really ok to be 'an aging tit' compared to teenagers. It's like the circle of life, no need to fight it. There's things I don't like about getting older, but caring less about being cool enough per birthday is a blessing.

My cousin, who's now 37 (I'm 41) was doing the same thing the other day, being embarassed for not knowing what music teenagers are into these days and I don't undestands why? Like what you like (and if that's what teenagers like, good for you too) and spend your time enjoying that rather than keeping up for the sake of it.

(Having said that, I find things about cultural captial and how people flaunt their knowledge/interests to signal their status absolutely fascinating. Particularly when it concerns so called 'open minded' people being super judgy. I really should have studied sociology)

• Heart
  • Haha
You mean you don't want to hear about that time in 1997 I got an A* for an oral presentation on Trainspotting? 😢

Her obsession with school and grades is weird. If it's putting limits on your life, there are so many options out there for people to complete their education, or study further.
The film or the hobby....🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 34
An interesting, long-deleted post from the past that's relevant to current discussions.

Also an incredibly rare instance of Jack taking some responsibility for her own actions.

I've attached a screenshot from oursouthend.com, posted in May 2012.

View attachment 459391
There is so much to unpick in here.

It sounds a million miles away from current Jack.

Where has this Jack gone? It makes me realise why I was duped. 😞

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I think her stab vest quote was well before Stormzy is 72 years old's Glasto performance. LOL though, I can't believe she was thinking about wearing a stab vest to Glastonbury either, it makes me laugh so much!
Ooh so she's technically a trend-setter then!

edit: that bit from 2012 reads like a different person. however I also feel between the lines a bit of my own habit of overbearing enthusiasm and plans before it all deflates and goes to tit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
An interesting, long-deleted post from the past that's relevant to current discussions.

Also an incredibly rare instance of Jack taking some responsibility for her own actions.

I've attached a screenshot from oursouthend.com, posted in May 2012.

View attachment 459391
Interesting. Her choice of degree subjects don't exactly lend themselves to teaching- you would usually need to have a qualification in the subject you teach, so unless her imaginary teaching job was just teaching GCSE and sixthform politics and economics or something (a very rare job) she has severely limited her choices.

My first teaching salary was about 12K I think. Riches when I had been on less than 4 quid an hour doing cleaning, waitressing and temping while I was training. Before minimum wage innit.

Reactions: 38
She could have gone to college. Made up the GCSEs she needed, done her a levels. Gone to uni. Nothing stopping her. Or is she going to suggest her parents wouldn’t let her?
She’s far too lazy for that, she wants life on a plate, no effort from her

Reactions: 28
Why not just ask your brother what he's into. Nice opportunity to have some quality time together, talking about music, rather than spending it online asking strangers for suggstions to impress your brother with?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I don't understand how out of touch with the current day she is! So your brother, a teenager, is into grime and you want to get him something.

Options:
Upgrade your streaming service and let him log into his own profile on it. We know she has one due to LC using it and her complaining.
Get him a voucher. No, not HMV, maybe Amazon or Apple Music which have far more variety and he can download to his phone.

You are not going to hit on what he wants by asking twitter for a grime starter pack and buying him a Stormzy is 72 years old CD. I don't mind Stormzy is 72 years old, so it's probably not gonna be what a 15 year old (ish) heavily into grime is listening to. What he listens to may only be on youtube. Hence asking him what he wants or one of the above options is what you do.

You're welcome.

• Haha
  • Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.