Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Overworked NHS worker incorrectly filled in data on the system, so let's make them look like incompetent fools. When in actual fact, he may well have incorrectly filled in the form. The admin assistant is not medically trained and wouldn't necessarily know what the BMI should be, or even take that much notice.

It was most likely a simple mistake on data input. It is like those people that say "I got a polling card for my 3 year old child". Either you filled in the form incorrectly, or it was a data input error. What is so hilarious that it makes the front page of a newspaper?

Am I the only one that finds these sort of stories nether hilarious nor newsworthy. Of course Jack thought it was funny, it would appeal to her childish humour.
I kind of assumed it was a didn’t happen, he was only missing that the whole surgery applauded his rapid weight loss... like I think about most of Jack’s similar stories!

On the her parents looking after SB front, I was thinking about it on the bus (all glamour here) and I wonder if there was a reason to do with the foster children that they couldn’t just take him all the time while she worked - that would add to the reasons why she resents the foster children so much.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
Banana curry
Pea and bacon porridge
Cream of salmon soup

She thinks she's an absolute maverick genius with these revolting creations. No-one, no-one,wants to eat this food.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Half the recipes on the "progress" chart are just stuff she's already slopped on Twitter or insta or her website - I don't really buy cookbooks but when you do, are you expecting to just get a ton of recipes that are already online somewhere? Surely you are expecting to get something new?

• Heart
Reactions: 41
There's a lot of bananas on that planner. One banana recipe is called 'whole banana bread pudding', oh my god, please serve the whole banana in a iced finger like a hotdog, dripping in butter, Jack. It would make a fabulous cover of the book that'll never happen!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 50
We are blessed with a cacophony of slop 🙌 Does that say 'sausage strog.'? As in sausage stroganoff? bleeping end me now. Pork bacon and black pudding meatballs too. How very plant-based of you.

• Haha
Reactions: 50
She definitely gives us zoom in fodder like this when she actually needs to concentrate. That way she can be safe in the knowledge that we are discussing that leaf on the floor by the door rather than anything actually concerning.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Does she realise that all this chaos and last minute decision making for a big deadline does not come accross professional at all. Not even when you have your cute ADHD notebooks (oh my, isn't she just so quirky, liking stationary!)
If you were so late for a deadline you’d hardly proudly show photos that demonstrate just how disorganised you are after spending half your life bumming around on social media demonstrating that you were doing duck all work would you? It’s not even that she has no shame she expects to get patted on the head for it because she has lots of (self diagnosed) conditions and she is quirky.

What a ridiculous bleep 🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 47
When you rent, you generally have to earn at least 30 x the rental income to show you can afford it.

Whats her rent, do we reckon?

Reactions: 30
It will happen dear Mancy. It really, really will.
And when that day comes it will be glorious.
I may even take the day off work to watch it all crumble and HMRC pick through the rubble.
Will you join me? I'll bring snacks and cocktails x
Abso-bloody-lutely.

• Heart
Reactions: 21
In today's fire service resignation tale, Jack says she went to a meeting to get her job back, with the deputy chief, several senior officers, and a list of other staff present. What's the chances that one of those senior staff members was Daddy?

Reactions: 29
I'm not suggesting she's bipolar or anything but the mania rolling off these last few pages.

Reactions: 38
When you rent, you generally have to earn at least 30 x the rental income to show you can afford it.

Whats her rent, do we reckon?
£1500 k-£2 k a month.

eta
The security deposit was £1500 so that's normally one month? I haven't rented in a while but we alwats put down 1 month's rent as deposit.

Last edited:
Reactions: 28
Banana curry
Pea and bacon porridge
Cream of salmon soup

She thinks she's an absolute maverick genius with these revolting creations. No-one, no-one,wants to eat this food.
I love banana curry (sorry not sorry) :)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.