Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That meal looks like someone's vomited a half-digested Greek mezze into a bowl.

HOW can she still be sorting through rejected recipes from 6 years ago in a frantic attempt to cobble something publishable together? This is her third deadline FFS. If I miss a deadline at work I could lose a client or even be hauled before a court to explain why I haven't done what I'm supposed to. Yet deadlines for Jack are something nebulous that can apparently be extended indefinitely, not that even that stops her complaining about how haaaaaard everything is and expecting praise for doing the bare minimum. :rolleyes:

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
I thought this was worth illustrating for anyone not around at the time.

All from May 2nd 2020.

Mrs J not excited about sleeping in the garden (she left the same week).
View attachment 441795

View attachment 441797

Early mention of the eucalyptus!
View attachment 441805

Thanks to @PennyLoafer and @ScorpioMoon for the screenshots. (No thanks to those who embedded tweets back then 🙄😂)
Is she hoping for the landlords to gift it to her if she is gushy enough?

• Haha
Reactions: 25
Also, it's curious that Nancy Birtwhistle's new book on modern household tips (that Jack was undeservedly gifted) is filed with all her notebooks and not on her actual bookshelves. Using it for "inspiration" are we Jack? #JacksHacks

Screenshot_20210217_200704.jpg

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
On twenty seven grand a year and around £5-600 a month rent, she could have afforded to pay them.
She could, but would no doubt expect them to do it for nothing, not even pay them for out of pocket expenses. That may be the reason they wouldn't help out, we have all witnessed her sense of entitlement.

Reactions: 27
I really wish I could say, I probably said too much. I am hoping there was more than one person that left the "cheese course", otherwise I might have just identified them to Jack :oops:.
Just a hunch but I think there would have been several

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 44
Did someone make a collage? Well done! 👏

I guess the answer to all the questions “Why?” and the whole purpose of today’s performance is the never ending desire for ATTENTION! I can’t see how the sycophancy of the squiggles helps getting a book finished but, like others, I’m not literally an expert at writing books. 🤷‍♀️

Jack, you do realise you’re the poverty pet of the blue tickers, don't you? In the last two podcasts the interviewers made the right sympathetic noises and were suitably shocked in all the right places. But then what? I bet Claire Newell wouldn’t have interviewed Jessica, the mum from Oldham in the Sky piece yesterday. I know I’m not alone in saying how moving I found that. One thing that struck me was that the lady wasn’t moaning about all the terrible things that had been done to her, or even the government. She was in real distress and simply stating how hard she was finding life and how concerned she was for her kids. Some one said earlier that they wanted to hug her. I did too, but also to shake her hand and tell her to give herself some credit for doing so well and making it this far with her family intact. ❤ With You Know Who it’s just moan moan moan, I’m too special, middle class, autistic or whatever to be in this situation. It’s such a wasted opportunity hearing a 9 year old rehashed, endlessly embellished film script from JM when we should be hearing from people like Jessica. The thing that most seemed to help her, with regard to her children, was getting a laptop.

Sorry, reeeeeaally long and slightly behind events. (Love anything that sounds like Partridge said it). ;)

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Desiccated grapes? So, raisins? Blue cheese and raisin pie? COLD blue cheese and raisin pie. Sounds dreamy.
I was a latchkey kid. Some might even say, I dunno, Dickensian ghost street child. Anyway, I used to throw things like this together when I let myself in after school 🤢 I would accidentally make something vile, because I had no idea how to feed myself, but then eat it anyway because food waste was a no no. Lots of my rank concoctions seemed to involve raisins! I remember once throwing whole Brazil nuts into Angel Delight. Do not recommend 1/10

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.