Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I used to work with a woman who would make genuinely absolutely beautifully written plans with illustrations for her week and would show anyone who stood still long enough (in the days before social media), but seemed to do absolutely FA apart from that. Jack reminds me of her. The more fuss they make about all their work and plans, the less they do.

Except if you needed a flow chart drawing, my colleague was your girl so she had some use whereas I wouldn’t trust Jack to draw me anything.
Not even your garden?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Beta blockers, anti depressants and sleeping tablets prescribed all in one whack by a dr? I am under a psychiatrist with #actualptsd and sleep terribly. I have never been prescribed all 3 at once, due to the high risk of suicidal ideation being a side effect. I can only talk from my experience but they tend to prescribe an antidepressant with ‘drowsy’ side effects to tackle the sleep issues. When starting a new antidepressant combined with a beta blocker I was monitored by the duty nurse via regular phonecalls. Nothing adds up. She is nothing more than a fantasist.
I'm prescribed all these and more tbf. I have ptsd and physical conditions and my medicine cabinet would be like a five star hotel minibar for many people 🤣🙈

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 34
What’s the betting that she spent more time pinning all that crap to the wall than she’s actually spent writing the book.
How many extensions has she had now? I’m sure she said she was about to hand this thing in as far back as June. And yet here we are, with two weeks to go, and all she has is a load of scrappy old bits of paper, presumably with recipes that failed the test for any of her previous books.
This is not going to be a classic.
Nothing she produces is a “classic “.

Reactions: 28
View attachment 442221
Hey, she’s found her niche. This is likely the title of the book too. It’s all been building up to this, guys!
Why on earth bother doing costings for fruit and veg to put in a physical book? Surely prices change almost weekly and we have no idea what Brexit is going to do to the cost of produce? What a waste of time. That could be quite a useful resource updated weekly for each supermarket, on her website. It might actually drive some non-Tattle and non-idiot-squig traffic there. But instead she's not only gatekeeping the information for those who can afford a book but allowing it to be disastrously out of date before it even hits the presses. What a mega-tit.

Also I am a really last minute person, currently writing something that should already be submitted (🙃, in Jack parlance) and while I think a lot of people work that way we don't all get to broadcast it in full view of the people we went begging for our extension from. She's so pampered and entitled, yet still she's posting like she's persecuted. I believe that her book advances are small because they're probably not even sure it'll make it to the editor.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
Why does she want pity and congratulations for being so bleeping useless?
Why doesn't she just do her job with no fanfare?
And as others have said she shouldn't be just deciding on recipes and rummaging around in old boxes dredging up ideas now should she? She is infuriating. I can only imagine she has been lying to her agent for months about how far advanced the book is.
Her whole attitude is completely contemptuous to her buying public, publisher and agent. And as for using it as a platform to whinge on about trolls - well words (almost) fail. Going for the pathetic pity angle from the word go.
She hasn't moved on from the stage of expecting a round of applause for crapping in the potty.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
There's a 3 month time limit for starting claims to an employment tribunal, if she had a union rep they would have told her that. I know a little bits about the internal workings of tribunals and they are not held publicly, you are not named in the papers (in the official records the complainant is now by initials). Maternity discrimination is exceptionally hard to prove even if there are real grounds for it.
The final judgments are public and now available (and searchable) on Employment Tribunal website. Both complainant and respondent are named unless an application is made for anonymity which is unusual.

Reactions: 23
Half the recipes on the "progress" chart are just stuff she's already slopped on Twitter or insta or her website - I don't really buy cookbooks but when you do, are you expecting to just get a ton of recipes that are already online somewhere? Surely you are expecting to get something new?
Old? New? No matter. Same brown, textureless slop.

Reactions: 23
I'M GREEK CYPRIOT BY THE WAY BUT I NEVER bleeping MENTION IT.

*for new Fraus, Jack is not Greek Cypriot. She has one Greek Grandfather, who is DEAD. She is not an immigrant, 1st, 2nd or otherwise. She never spoke about her Greek heritage until the BLM movement last year when she suddenly remembered she was not as 'white as mayonnaise'(her words) and she could capitalise this.
Suddenly she wanted to change her name back to her Greek surname she hadn't used in ten years and was writing posts in Greek script. Shd also suddenly remembered random aunties and idyllic childhood memories that were all Cypriot that she'd never mentioned before.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 50
She lives through social media, eh? The only things she doesn't put photos up from are the made up things (she can't stage I mean, that 'black eye' comes to mind).

Reactions: 25
Oh god when I was first divorcing and becoming a single / co-parent and panicking about how I was going to manage on a massively reduced salary was just at the time when jm was becoming a 'celebrity' poverty chef and a colleague bringing me newspaper clippings of her cutprice cuisine.
I kept the articles for years but never followed any of the recipes.
Reading this thread makes me relieved that I didn't try them although I am quite tempted by the idea of a 25 calorie soup...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
these pictures of tit ideas written on paper stuck to a wall have really killed the conversation about the kitten and viggles

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.