Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I bet that every little expenditure is put through as business expenses on her tax return. A proportion of the rent and utilities, as it is a place of work. All her food (yellow sticker and Ocado) as they are for recipe testing. All her makeup as it is for TV appearances. Cotswold furniture will be work storage. Trips to Edinburgh will be work meetings. Wiggs and clothing will be work attire. IT equipment, including phones and laptops.

I suggest to her that she must be 100% honest with HMRC, including gifted items whether solicited or not. That includes all the fish, "Tiggy and Poo" bags or whatever else she has been gifted. She puts it all online and in the paraphrased words of Sting "Every move you make, every step you take, every claim you make, they'll be watching you"
Yes absolutely

Most of the stuff on that list will be scuppered by the wholly and exclusively rule for expenses so that’s something an actual accountant would be on the look for, never mind an HMRC officer nosing around.

You've mentioned that before Jack. It didn't impress then, and it doesn't impress now.

I know someone that was at that dinner. They didn't eat your course, said it tasted like soap....must have been in that slow cooker you made bubble bath in.
it sounds tit

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
the salmon soup's gonna be salmon paste, isn't it? blended in the nutribullet with flour, oil, plant based milk and a cheese slice, "similarly to how you make white sauce" 🥴

also, all that paper everywhere? much fire safety 🙃

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 56
To be fair, hers does look like a genuinely vintage pharmacist’s drawers that she found/was gifted. Maybe she found it in the same puddle as the one with the Burberry scarf?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Shes certainly chatting tit about her income. We have an income of 37k, and our limit is £1250pcm.
Last time we moved, the letting agent told us they consider 'affordable' to be up to a third of your income as rent.

The absolute cheapest bungalow I could find in the area of a similar size was 1,250PCM, and it's not in great condition and not in the poshest area of Southend. I assume she pays at least 300 a month more.

Reactions: 30
F0D3FC64-FE6B-435C-B5E9-1FD8F9E032CB.jpeg
So I saw this and my brain immediately thought, “witch, please!” 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.