Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My house is messy but I would love it to be messy with so much nice stuff. I have a nice salary which I can live comfortably on. but I would never spend several hundred on a side board as it would be superfluous,

Reactions: 28
Thread suggestion Jack Monroe #152 Book 7 'Gruel' even Oliver didn't ask for more

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Those photos 😯😯 How can anyone work like that? No wonder SB gets banned from her work space, you could lose a child amongst all that!

As a totally irrelevant aside, it's not usual for someone conducting a job interview to swear the whole way through, is it? I'm far from prudish, and definitely a heavy swearer, but never in a professional setting.

• Wow
Reactions: 44
This time next year, SB, we’ll be Patreonaires!
I’m not quite sure how this all works but ^^ this is a thread title contender if ever I read one. Please vote - I would love some soup / slop / free working space / puddle tips / hands.

• Haha
Reactions: 74
Well @Sideboard Bob I reckon he was probably busy with managing the fire service, strategy, performance, budgets, HMI inspections, targets. I doubt very much he was sat in a meeting with someone who was having a flounce. The fire service is still very hierarchical 🔺 and I really don’t think the chief would be gracing the disciplinary meeting of a call handler.
Especially if she was wearing her preferred traaazers.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Who done swears to you @Cookiecookie

They’re back on 30mins now, Helen mod fixed it probably coz she hates 🥕
Went for an interview at a furniture/electricals place. Dude was very odd, and just kept swearing and going on about how much of a pain in the arse everything is. Got another this afternoon, which will hopefully be better!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 53
@Marmalade Atkins It’s a relief to us all you figured out where the War Room is!

This is what her writing space looked like in September 2018, via instagram....

View attachment 442923
Evil Tory making Caroline “the hands” work in that ergonomic nightmare! How do you expect someone to be productive with a slither of your tit desk and such an awful unsupportive chair they’ve got to wedge themselves into as it’s jammed between the radiator and a desk?!

Went for an interview at a furniture/electricals place. Dude was very odd, and just kept swearing and going on about how much of a pain in the arse everything is. Got another this afternoon, which will hopefully be better!
It sounds as if your instincts are kicking a little to let you know that something is amiss. I’d be wary of them if they’re already encroaching upon your boundaries at interview stage it’ll only get worse if you start employment (in my experience at least so soz to project!). Also a big fan of remembering that it’s a mutual interview process, it’s as much about them trying to impress you!!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
@Cookiecookie hope so, good luck you’ll fuckin smash it! At least you know you don’t want to work at the first place. You could get money off people on the internet but you have to work 26 hours per day and never have any holidays

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
I know some people work with paper spread out to help visualise something but the way those sheets of paper are pinned up covering the whole wall really looks more like a procrastination thing than anything else.

Reactions: 39
Evil Tory making Caroline “the hands” work in that ergonomic nightmare! How do you expect someone to be productive with a slither of your tit desk and such an awful unsupportive chair they’ve got to wedge themselves into as it’s jammed between the radiator
Ah of course, Caroline can’t work from home- Jack isn’t there. She can only do exactly what Jack tells her to do, she can’t work independently dur! How is Jack gonna control the narrative in someone else’s house? Or be organised enough to work out what can be handed over?

Also if 27/8k viggle or her mates read here, I’m so sorry Graeme was a let down. Sounds like he is a nob and the PR fail may all be his doing. He just had to be sympathetic non-committal and thank the viggles for their input, he could have his fingers crossed behind his back if he wanted. Just smooth it over with a “we will do better, can I send you a book of sausage vouchers” blah blah.

🥕the arrogance of this pointy head, changing what I say

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
Can't sleep, so just adding this link to a 2013 evening standard article, for the timeline.

Trigger warning for description of sleeping pill overdose (the "waking up in A&E" referenced in the Telegraph podcast, I assume, though it's not described as such in the podcast - shock horror at Jack's story changing amirite?!?)

There's a car reference in here too.

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
Grunking thread 1 and came across this video . The series is about putting people together who have different political views on lunch dates. Jack is on a lunch date with Toff from made in Chelsea.

I disagree with some of the comments on thread 1; I actually think for the most part Jack comes across better than Toff. This isn't left-wing bias, because I have a mixture of political beliefs. Toff seemed irritating in the first half of the video, and came across as an over-enthusiastic know it all. Jack generally made better arguments. Also she seemed to get along well with Toff and overall didn't seem annoying. She let herself down by occasionally talking about herself too much. Especially going on about her alleged alcoholism for ages just to make the point that why ban cannabis when alcohol does more damage. She claims to have drunk more than a bottle of whiskey per night. When discussing her alleged transgenderism, she uses words like "in drag" and "dressed like a man" that make it sound very much like she's just a regular girl occasionally playing dress up. I think transgender people would be annoyed hearing the way she talks about it.

Of note is that towards the end of the video, Jack says that her nan is a Tory!

The Poverty is mentioned briefly in the introduction, complete with a sad, dramatic pause for effect.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.