Jack Monroe #151 A morally destitute and blatantly mendacious fraud?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

1. Think we need a #cartruther in the canal
    View attachment 443037
    I take your point, how do you let a car to when you don't drive? However what kind of mother sells her very young son's stuff. Had two little boys, I know how attached they get. Who sells their favourite toys for pence? In absolute desparation perhaps, it makes a 'good story' though

Reactions: 35
@Cookiecookie I think it’s safe to say that job interviews should be swear free. I’ve interviewed a lot of people for jobs and have never sworn. Once, years ago, I interviewed a lad for an LSA post and we got to the questions about why he left his last job. His last job was at KFC and he left because he turned up at work without proper shoes and walked out rather than wear the spare ones. Hmmm remind you of anyone.

Good luck with interviews today! When they ask if you have any questions be sure to demand to wear trousers and to change the shift patterns.

• Haha
Reactions: 36
For someone who doesn’t wear dresses she sure does a lot of posts about not wearing dresses whilst posting pictures of dresses.

• Haha
Reactions: 75
Now she's just using a different roll as a really hideous tablecloth instead of writing on it (that is wallpaper isn't it?)

View attachment 442926

Honestly though her place looks so chaotic. Just piles of STUFF everywhere. There's no way I'd be able to sleep if I knew that serial killer wall was just a few rooms away. And I wouldn't in a million years proudly share photographic evidence of it with hundreds of thousands of people, including my current and prospective employers.
That is just one big mess. It’s disgusting. As someone else said, you’d expect this to be maybe at the very start of book research. She’s writing about it like the more chaos there is the more amazing the book will be. Surprised to see the plastic water bottle though 🙃

• Wow
Reactions: 30
I wonder does she ever just wake up and go about her ordinary daily business without putting every thought and a load of random, made up shite on Twitter. What a way to live.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
All performative for agent and publisher no doubt. Look at meee, I'm up so early and so busy.
She can then drone on at length about the crazy hours she works.

Reactions: 42
@Marmalade Atkins It’s a relief to us all you figured out where the War Room is!

This is what her writing space looked like in September 2018, via instagram....

View attachment 442923
This harping on about her workspace and such, while constantly missing deadlines and basically posting pictings of any old tit she finds in cupboards shows that she just likes the idea of being a food writer (with a dedicated room), rather than doing the actual work. I have not come accross any food blogger/writer with her amount of followers who just loves talking about herself and how maverickly she works as her.

• Heart
Reactions: 42
Morning!! I’m making coffee this morning and my house smells like incredible. It is almost as though it doesn’t smell nice at other times of the day because I don’t give a tit. One of the things I really miss in lockdown is the inviting someone over at 5am in the morning.

WELL. I was looking for a particular something on twitter on my phone and typed in ‘twit’ in my search bar and the the first thing that came up, THE FIRST THING, was a photo of JM in a dress at an awards do. I know a smug, greater spotted whatever is everywhere at the moment but pluuhhhlleeaasssee.

Anyway, been lurking because tit days mean I haven’t had the energy to respond but

a) you have all been funny and brilliant
b) she is annoying as ever
c) Wtaf are more companies/individuals/newspapers doing allowing collaborations, podcasts and sad fish pieces with her?

Back to the coffee and sweet-smelling house.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 95
I know some people work with paper spread out to help visualise something but the way those sheets of paper are pinned up covering the whole wall really looks more like a procrastination thing than anything else.
Yeah, no way at this point should you need all the details from all recipes on the wall like this, right? It makes no sense. Again it seems more about 'this is what I think being a food writer looks like' than just getting on with the work.

Things can get messy while working of course (it sure happensed when I would write things wen I was in academia, my desk would be very messy) but why the duck would you keep distracting yourself mid-process with taking all these pics and posting them online. And I know everybody has different writing processes (some are more like carpenters who gather everything first and then bang it together in one go, while others are more like sculptors, starter with big rought outlines and who keep taking bits and adding things). But all this just seems performative.

Reactions: 40
I sense you Monroe-fatigue, @Marmalade Atkins . "It's the dining room." "The chairs are from Aldi." "IT'S A TYPO ON THE COMPANIES HOUSE WEBSITE."

Solidarity and strength, comrade. We've all been there.
I keep wanting to say - its only THREE slow cookers. Two triples and a single.

So much more information on 'what actually happened' - although its no ones right to know, as she said. Except she has been giving out conflicting versions for years. She posted during the FSM thing that she had heard journalists were fishing around for dirt, so I wonder if this is damage control. All the while being the fault of evil anonymous internet trolls (how many onine aliases did she have?).

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30
She seems to think that she's a mad creative who works best under the pressure of a looming deadline. If Robert Louis Stevenson could write Jekyll & Hyde in 2 weeks, why not R Jackie?

But...Jack, you're not producing art, you're creating a slop manual. There's obviously a market for overblown descriptions of food (Nigella), but people buy her books because they like the recipes first and foremost.

Your recipes should be reliable, well-written and well-tested, not "one and done, autism for the win" and then 10.000 words of What Tattle Got Wrong.

This book is going to be bleeping terrible. Jack, you're not a maverick, you're not an artist, you're just a bad cookbook writer with terrible organisation skills.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 60
Yeah, no way at this point should you need all the details from all recipes on the wall like this, right? It makes no sense. Again it seems more about 'this is what I think being a food writer looks like' than just getting on with the work.

Things can get messy while working of course (it sure happensed when I would write things wen I was in academia, my desk would be very messy) but why the duck would you keep distracting yourself mid-process with taking all these pics and posting them online. And I know everybody has different writing processes (some are more like carpenters who gather everything first and then bang it together in one go, while others are more like sculptors, starter with big rought outlines and who keep taking bits and adding things). But all this just seems performative.
It IS all performative.

Reactions: 32
She seems to think that she's a mad creative who works best under the pressure of a looming deadline. If Robert Louis Stevenson could write Jekyll & Hyde in 2 weeks, why not R Jackie?

But...Jack, you're not producing art, you're creating a slop manual. There's obviously a market for overblown descriptions of food (Nigella), but people buy her books because they like the recipes first and foremost.

Your recipes should be reliable, well-written and well-tested, not "one and done, autism for the win" and then 10.000 words of What Tattle Got Wrong.

This book is going to be bleeping terrible. Jack, you're not a maverick, you're not an artist, you're just a bad cookbook writer with terrible organisation skills.
I think she does see herself as a mad creative , she wants to present her ‘prep’ and room like Sherlock Holmes on a case , without the talent or charisma of course.

The salad bowl greed got right on my tits ( she laughed😡) , I know it was probably fabricated but what a joke. 12 meat balls to bulk it up .

AS IF.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Posting that photo this morning was just an excuse for some extended humblebragging.

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 07.43.53.png

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 07.43.44.png

But if she's planning on using the photo in her book (though I don't know why she would, it's a horrible photo), I suggest she seeks permission. The watermarks mean it's an agency one which she's screenshot onto her phone.

Screen Shot 2021-02-18 at 07.46.56.png

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.